View Single Post
Old 15-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #320
CatonaPC©

Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
So it seems a few on here have had their Focus for a few weeks, any feedback from owners, negative or positive?
Only had ours for a week and a bit, so too early to say. I have an Active with the Driver Assist Pack.

First off, I really don't recommend anyone buying a Focus without opting for the Driver Assist Pack. I really think it should have been standard across the range, but Ford clearly want to keep the entry level price of each model under a certain price point, and hope buyers opt for the extras. Most buyers, I presume would. Even if your budget is tight, an extra $1250 for safety pack won't make too much of a difference to your repayments.

Compared to the LZ Trend, the Active initially feels completely familiar. Handling and road holding is very good. The delay in gear selection from R to D to R isn't apparent in my vehicle, but a couple of other owners have experienced a delay.

Initial gripe: the driver side mirror can block out a significant view of traffic from your right, especially if you're height challenged. This is not an issue exclusive to this car, as plenty of other makes are just as bad or worse. One way to minimise this is to raise the seat height.

Overall, this car is a gem. There's plenty of legroom up front and rear, unlike the LZ, where the rear legroom was compromised. I can say that after a week of ownership that there isn't much to not love about this car.

I might also suggest that those in the market for an ST-Line hatch take a look at the Active. I've driven both and there is little difference between the two. but the Active sits higher and might suit anyone whose driveway might be a bit challenging for a low slung car like the ST-Line; even the Titanium is a bit on the low side.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: