View Single Post
Old 20-03-2024, 10:23 AM   #2
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: solar powered fans hook up.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbear 77 View Post
heya guys, i have 2 solar king fans ( that if it's believed, work better by upto 20 times than a normal whirly bird. I've bypassed the thermostat inside, so this means as soon as sun hits the solar panel on th solar king, it fires up and starts sucking hot air out of my roof space. now, i want more....i have a https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/23541806...r=535531229690
and i want to hook this upto a solar panel. And this thing works way better than the solar kings by 100 yards. i keep seeing these set-up that have a expensive regulator, that is hooked upto a car battery, and it just goes on and on. i just want it to turn on when the solar panel is touched by the sun and that this is then wired into this 8 inch extractor and turns it on. if these solar kings can do it, it cant be that complicated. I'm aware i will need bigger solar panels to run this, but can someone give us a clue on how to get this up and running the way i want it to..........with no risk of fire.
cheers
That link you provided shows a AC powered bower fan. The solar panel isn't going to remotely run that as it is.

An AC powered blower will need large panels, charging several batteries of matched sizing, along with a regulator and a inverter to take care of the switch from DC storage to AC power. A totally inefficient way to do it.

Did you ever think about using a 12-24V DC powered marine engine bay blower sold at a marine chandlery (Whitworths) even then a solar panel will probably not have enough power to overcome the spindles resistance in the motor to start it.
Hence why its so hard to build a proper solar powered 12V air conditioner with out banks of batteries, a huge solar array linked by regulator.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote