Thread: Fiesta idle
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
Caerdyddblue
Starter Motor

Default Fiesta idle

Hi everyone,

Posting this as hoping to get some advice/tips on what people may think the problem is with my Fiesta, not sure if they are linked together or could easily be standalone. Tried to find out as best as I can online but haven't found anything.

First of all on start up my Fiesta holds a high idle (about 1200-1300rpm), stays flat in that range until the engine warms, then it drops down to the normal 800-900 range, if the engine is turned off and restarted then it goes straight to the normal range if the engine is still hot. Once the engine is hot, the range is normal however the idle will hiccup, drop a few hundred rpm then pick straight back up, sometimes it can have a few together or a single hiccup.

Secondly when the AC is turned on, it kind of feels like the wheels are sort of slipping, goes away when its been on for a little while, is this just the system starting to pressurise or symptoms of a larger problem?

Finally a more simple one, what km range should I be looking to have the timing belt changed?

Thanks,

Ben
Caerdyddblue is offline   Reply With Quote