View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 12:27 PM   #11
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New rear shocks 2015 Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I was merely showing that they do have a listing for Aust Mondeo's as aussieblue pointed out, and in the left menu it says rear axle.
Thanks for the clarification, but it might have helped the OP if the page went further down to show the rear Damper rather than the front Damper Struts. But I'm not sure if the entry showed that detail. I just checked and it does, but the OP is correct the listings do not cover the MD model, so I'll go out on a limb and suspect that it is an MD the OP is talking about and a wagon as well.

But it might be that the car is an MC model as a 2015 year has a couple of possibilities since both MC and MD models were sold in 2015 in Australia. And the MD was a complete redesign so there are a host of differences that could extend to suspension design and mounting details for Dampers.

If it is an MD wagon then the fact that the Titanium spec cars have self levelling rear suspension and the lower spec cars do not (I think), this might make for differences in both Damper type and how they are mounted.

I'd advise the OP to get under the car (or take a wheel off) and then you can check both the type of Damper (cylinder or strut, I doubt strut) and the mount system (eyelet or threaded rod) - it is then easy to eliminate catalogue entries that do not match.

I just looked under the back of our car, which has the self leveling suspension, so I can tell you that on the MD Titanium wagon there is an eyelet at the bottom of the Damper and a threaded rod at the top, but there is at least one tab welded to the lower tubular part that is used to locate other suspension members. The E2071 is not going to be suitable on this car.

If the OP goes here:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/...07762-2-0-tdci

The entry might be helpful - the catalogue is quite extensive.

Finally - $1200 for a tubular Damper? - another example of dealership ripping off car owners?

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote