View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #9
BlueEA

Default Re: "Autonomous" Cars - here now?

This technology has been fast tracked waaay too early to the public for me to put my life in its hands. All the testing they have done that's in their opinion relevant to public safety is all good and well but you and I know that there are so many situations that we encounter on a daily basis that can turn very nasty in a split second and you need to be able to take appropriate action and hope you make the correct decision in that small moment in time. So how do we know if the autonomous vehicle with all it's so called technology that it would make the correct decision if we are not sure if we have made the correct one because although the situation you're facing may be like one you have possibly encountered before doesn't mean the same decision is the correct one as there are so many variables to that decision So until they can prove beyond any shadow of doubt that they have all situations covered I for one won't be putting my life and other lives at risk just because they say it's safe. Prove it to me first. All I'm saying is don't be too hasty in putting your lives in the hands of these Autonomous vehicles as they have got a long way to go in getting these perfected. IMO.
BlueEA is offline   Reply With Quote