Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 16-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
The Cat
Starter Motor

Angry I have lost my 93 laser hatch headlamp beeper

oes anyone out there know how to find this beeper in the wiring diagram ? I lost mine in the car wash and am presently at point of sale this weegend !

The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
Tech Trainer
Are you sure about that?

If you mean the one that warns you that you left your headlights on. It is a part of the electronic control module the near the fuse box. Not a separate item.
Old 16-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
The Cat
Starter Motor

Thanks very much ! So I now know where it is .But how do I fixx it and btw , not even my local Ford dealer here (in Bundy) knows what you have just told me , so this info is very much apprec
The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat
Thanks very much ! So I now know where it is .But how do I fixx it and btw , not even my local Ford dealer here (in Bundy) knows what you have just told me , so this info is very much apprec
If it is not a separate part, you may be able to fix it by finding the busted buzzer, locating the wires that power it and wiring up a new buzzer that you can get from Jaycar for a few dollars. But doing this tinkering may result in more damage than it's worth if it's not easy to access.

If not, you can buy a kit (again from Jaycar) for cars that don't have the lights on warning feature and just wire it up yourself. I think the kit was like $15.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post