Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #61
nang3

i reckon apart from the overall similar coupe shape, front on it looks fairly similar.. mainly the front quarter/flared wheel guards..

nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #62
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But aren't a lot of you guys starting to get sick of this whole rice scene? I certainly am. There are not so many cars coming out of Japan that i really like nowadays. The only good part of this car is the rear. But overall it is another 350Z. I reckoin there are better cars that come out of Japan. Personally the best one which ever came out was the Honda NSX :sm_drool:.

Does anyone know how much this one roughly will be worth when it comes out? Is it also a definite that it will be comeing to Australia?
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #63
nang3

mate i think there is a bit of a difference between R32/33/34 GTR, this new GTR, 350Z and similar compared to the RIce you are talking about .. to me Rice = neons, massive exhaust, towel rack spoilers, mugen/vtec stickers and basically a lot of show but SFA go.. imagine a stock honda civic with chrome as fook mags, air filter and lots of neon and 5" cannon exhaust..

Of course the NSX is going to be better than a 350Z, its easily double the price..
Old 21-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #64
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
mate i think there is a bit of a difference between R32/33/34 GTR, this new GTR, 350Z and similar compared to the RIce you are talking about .. to me Rice = neons, massive exhaust, towel rack spoilers, mugen/vtec stickers and basically a lot of show but SFA go.. imagine a stock honda civic with chrome as fook mags, air filter and lots of neon and 5" cannon exhaust..

Of course the NSX is going to be better than a 350Z, its easily double the price..
I'll rephrase it as i may not be to clear. I didn't mean comparing the NSX to a 350Z, as I understand perfectly that the 350Z falls into a different league. I ment, the NSX is a better car over the Skyline GTR, or whatever this one is to be called. I think its also the fact that for so long all i would see was a Skyline, and it just got too much by the end. Especially when one of my mates went out and bought one and then got his second. I prefer cars that are rare and not many others have, because its stands out more at the end of the day.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #65
nang3

yeh mate i see what your saying, but how many genuine GTR's either 32/33/ or 34 do you see around your area??
round here i'd see maybe one 32 or 33 a week, and a 34 maybe once every month or two if that..
Yeh the NSX is a great car, i dont like the look of the latest model though, and i would still take a Ztune Nismo R34 over one anyday.. but thats me and i have different tastes - im the only guy out of my mates who reckon Aniston is hotter than Jolie as well hahaha
Old 21-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #66
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
but thats me and i have different tastes - im the only guy out of my mates who reckon Aniston is hotter than Jolie as well hahaha
: you are mental... Jolie is well and truly better than Aniston. You need your head read. :
Old 21-10-2005, 06:32 PM   #67
nang3

haha thats what everyone says, but i just cant see the massive attraction !!!

maybe its subconscious jealousy because my ex-gf who used to bat for the other team always had a crush on her hahaha... but nah i just dont see it..
And yes i have a 100% unblemished record of staunch hetereosexuality ........ to quote G.C. hehe
I reckon Charlize Theron is waaaaaaaaay better than the both of them
Old 22-10-2005, 01:20 AM   #68
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

After seeing this the other day I thought WTF have they done, but now I don't mind it so much. The more I look at it the more it looks way different to a 350Z.

But I still think the best ever Skyline is the R34 GT-R. I would sell my soul to the devil to be able to own a R34 GT-R Z Tune. They just look nuts and I would imagine handle brilliantly.

I don't know why people bag Skylines/Jap cars. Half the people that do probably have never driven a Japanese performance car. They are so very different to Aussie cars. I just think that if you don't at least drive them you are missing out badly. Why be blindly loyal to one style/brand of car? BORING! I am an enthusiast, I want to try driving all styles of car.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 07:07 AM   #69
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i reckon apart from the overall similar coupe shape, front on it looks fairly similar.. mainly the front quarter/flared wheel guards..

First impressions, bloody hell they look similar. Anyway, its still bloody beautiful... :