Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #1
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XR5 Drive belt failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
G`day Alan, the wheels not being rotated would probably be a miscommunication between the mechanic and the service guys in the office, the mechanic has probably forgotten to write down no wheel lock nut key was provided by the customer so therefore could not remove wheels.
Hi Mik,

Sorry, but I think it rather more likely that the mechanic did not bother about the wheel rotation and therefore was not aware that the wheels had security nuts, that the key was not available and thus made no note. (The key has a recess in the jack/wheel nut handle insert beneath the "spare" wheel and the stuff in the boot above this was in the same position as when we dropped the car off for the service!).

So how can I, as an owner, have confidence that the other rather more important stuff has been properly attended to, and in so doing safeguard an investment that cost a significant proportion of an annual salary?

In a dealership we asked to pay hourly rates of $120 per hour or more, I believe, and until we as the customers that pay their bills start to demand better service then we will go on getting the kind of service that is often complained about on this forum.

Thanks for your comment, but you may care to open a new thread about dealership service centres, if you want to pursue this line of dialogue because this thread is about serpentine (read "fan") belt failures leading to timing belt failure/slippage resulting in major engine damage.

My input was to correct a statement about the dealership name based on location by the OP and why there might have been an alteration in the nature of the interaction between owner and dealership.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post