Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 12:05 AM   #361
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 
Default Re: US Presidential Elections - Boring or Important to Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgpking22 View Post
just so the people dont get enraged yes i know it wasnt a true story [removed]
Sorry, just so I'm clear again...

Was your whole 'discussion' tonight made up?

Last edited by russellw; 10-11-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:06 AM   #362
lgpking22

lets sing all together now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYNfQlf1H8
Old 10-11-2016, 12:15 AM   #363
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgpking22 View Post
i thought i was doing a pretty good impression of trump with rambling sentences that make no sense followed by fear that someone might be drunk but is really just a ******* idiot but now hes in charge of a first class military
No, you are doing a pretty good impression of a ****wit who should have logged off hours ago.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:17 AM   #364
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Not long now folks...
Old 10-11-2016, 12:21 AM   #365
Trump
bitch lasagne

Dow to drop 800+ points tomorrow.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
This user likes this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 12:36 AM   #366
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Wow. A couple of things in my head.

1. This will test democracy, will be interesting to see how the system bends him. Sure he will flap his trap but I am tipping he will do a Turnbul. If it was a dictatorship then my feelings would be the opposite.

2. I find it depressing how our financial markets are so fragile. The guy is not elected and potentially billions are written down...wtf. I find that rather pathetic to be honest.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
5 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 12:37 AM   #367
Peterwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Dow to drop 800+ points tomorrow.

Maybe, but it will come up again rapidly.

The Australian market was down over a 100 points today ! Silly !

What Australian listed company has any reduced earnings because of the US election ?

Share market, does not take much to frighten it.

Our real estate will be the same price at next Saturdays auctions !

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto

Last edited by Peterwl; 10-11-2016 at 01:01 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #368
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Wow. A couple of things in my head.

1. This will test democracy, will be interesting to see how the system bends him. Sure he will flap his trap but I am tipping he will do a Turnbul. If it was a dictatorship then my feelings would be the opposite.

2. I find it depressing how our financial markets are so fragile. The guy is not elected and potentially billions are written down...wtf. I find that rather pathetic to be honest.
On point 2, it just goes to show that the markets are nothing but confidence games.

3 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 12:52 AM   #369
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
On point 2, it just goes to show that the markets are nothing but confidence games.
They are driven on greed and fear.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
4 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 03:17 AM   #370
mostly_broncos

Trump being elected was our Brexit outrage vote. The elites have been running the US into the ground for decades .

The establishment of the democratic and republican parties are rotten to the core and I voted for Trump because I'm fed up and want to see both parties burned to the ground.

Another thing , the media has been on the side of the Clinton campaign from day one , the polls they have been showing for months have been rigged to show her leading because they have been acting as the PR arm of the campaign instead of journalists.

I live in a state , Massachusetts , which votes democrat in every election and did that again last night but driving around this democrat leaning area there has been no visible support for Clinton. No signs on any lawns and there were Obama signs everywhere in the last 2 elections.

She is disliked for her corruption, her moral ambiguity, and for sucking up to the rich .

Americans are tired of perpetual war in the middle east and she talked about setting up a no fly zone in Syria like it was a good idea. Any idiot can see that if we shot down a Russian plane over Syria we would be careening towards a potential WW3 . Russia has nukes and they are weaker than the US so if they felt that there was danger of the US attacking they may have felt the need to launch first.

The idea that the world could be destroyed over regime change in Syria is insane.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:33 AM   #371
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
Trump being elected was our Brexit outrage vote. The elites have been running the US into the ground for decades .

The establishment of the democratic and republican parties are rotten to the core and I voted for Trump because I'm fed up and want to see both parties burned to the ground.

Another thing , the media has been on the side of the Clinton campaign from day one , the polls they have been showing for months have been rigged to show her leading because they have been acting as the PR arm of the campaign instead of journalists.

I live in a state , Massachusetts , which votes democrat in every election and did that again last night but driving around this democrat leaning area there has been no visible support for Clinton. No signs on any lawns and there were Obama signs everywhere in the last 2 elections.

She is disliked for her corruption, her moral ambiguity, and for sucking up to the rich .

Americans are tired of perpetual war in the middle east and she talked about setting up a no fly zone in Syria like it was a good idea. Any idiot can see that if we shot down a Russian plane over Syria we would be careening towards a potential WW3 . Russia has nukes and they are weaker than the US so if they felt that there was danger of the US attacking they may have felt the need to launch first.

The idea that the world could be destroyed over regime change in Syria is insane.
You're forgetting one thing: the elites are still running the US into the ground. I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again, if Trump carries out his plans and ideas, he'll have a clip of 50 cal rounds with his name on it.

The military industrial complex Eisenhower warned the world about 50 odd years ago is so deeply entrenched within the power structures of the US, they would kill anyone that threatened their hegemony. Worse still is should he perish the thought, want real financial reform, he'd be in the sights of the banking elite.

2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #372
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
In that case I ask how is the rest of the world "right"?
This is a real threat and would have far reaching implications, the criminal world have a lot, and I mean a lot to lose by Trump being in power, what he has said he will do with criminals takes balls and you see this as a bad thing?
I didn't say it was a bad thing.

Quote:
Can you elaborate further on why you think he is a nutcase?
Can you elaborate further why you DON'T think he's a nutcase?

Quote:
How many Jews has Donald Trump killed? How many muslims has Donald Trump killed, he hasn't killed any, in fact Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton have killed a lot of muslims with their failed policies in the Middle East, Donald Trump hasn't killed a single person.
Mate, that's just a stupid response. Of course Trump hasn't killed anyone...yet. But then again neither did Hitler until he came to power.

Quote:
Half of what Trump has stated correlates exactly with Hitlers ideology? Are you referring to muslims wearing an ID tag
So, in this sentence you agree his ideas are Hitler like? I don't know if you are just trying to be combative but nowhere did I state or refer to Muslims and ID tags.

Quote:
You know what, sometimes in life you need strong leadership.
Trump is one person I wouldn't want as the leader of my country and I don't consider him a strong leader. He leads by being a bully and has a well documented history of failed businesses, been bankrupt several times, belittles women, slanders foreigners, etc, etc, etc. If that is what good, strong leadership is about, I'm grateful I'm not American.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #373
Trump
bitch lasagne

Oh and I'm suing the Dow futures traders

Old 10-11-2016, 09:46 AM   #374
Trump
bitch lasagne

An interesting article by John Pilger:

http://johnpilger.com/articles/insid...-clinton-trump

Old 10-11-2016, 11:04 AM   #375
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Trey Gowdy for new attorney general plz.

@4.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im6i4CNNE_M

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaNl2tVAhPY

Last edited by CoupeKing; 10-11-2016 at 11:25 AM. Reason: had to buy more popcorn
Old 10-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #376
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Congress effectively runs the US. Republicans held the majority in the senate pre-Trump and will still do so post Obama.

The crap spun by both H and T during the campaign mean nothing now. It was all about getting in office.

Markets are already settling. Nothing major will change, except for the previously made comment about comb overs being in and beards out! ;)

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 10-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #377
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:
An interesting article by John Pilger:

http://johnpilger.com/articles/insid...-clinton-trump
Great article, so true.

Thanks for sharing.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #378
Trump
bitch lasagne

I'm reading about how the pollsters failed so miserably regarding Trump and thought to myself, they didn't fail. Their "polling" was agenda driven and skewed to the back teeth to make it look like there was no support for Trump. I've always been suspicious of any poll even when there's no bias or shenanigans, simply because the sample size is far too small.

What is even scarier... many moons ago, Michael Moore called it pretty much to the letter:

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

Old 10-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #379
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

All hail US warlord, Premier Trump!
Old 10-11-2016, 06:26 PM   #380
Peterwl

Quote:
I'm reading about how the pollsters failed so miserably regarding Trump and thought to myself, they didn't fail. Their "polling" was agenda driven and skewed to the back teeth to make it look like there was no support for Trump. I've always been suspicious of any poll even when there's no bias or shenanigans, simply because the sample size is far too small.

What is even scarier... many moons ago, Michael Moore called it pretty much to the letter:

I had a read of it all and noted that he had 2 bob each way. At the end of section 5, he said he will write a piece detailing how Trump can be defeated !

This man, Michael Moore, is an ultra leftie by his own admissions.

A major item not talked about in this July 2016 in his 5 reasons is that a major issue with US voters was Clintons electoral statement that she wanted to increase Muslim immigration to the US by 500%.

If I was an American voter ( even a Democrat one ), I would not want to make the US like Europe at present, and vote appropriately.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed

Last edited by Peterwl; 10-11-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #381
The Monty
Just slidin'

Thats God Emperor Trump to you
Old 10-11-2016, 07:27 PM   #382
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

Reason no5 = Nail on head!

****, if i could have voted i would have done so for that very reason, to stick it up the establishment.
People are sick to death of being told who they should be, how they should act, what they can say etc. etc. and now they have spoken up with a well extended middle finger.

Its funny, im sitting here watching a particular demographic protesting that they didnt get their own way largely due to the fact they didnt turn up and vote for it, all the while arguing with my 16yr old Daughter over her wanting to get her own way without putting in any effort to achieve it.

She tells me Trump is a sexist pig, but when i told her 50% of white women voted for him she asked "what do you want me to do about it"...i think the irony was lost on her.
Young people these days are out of touch with reality, they want everything to be they way they envision it, but wont put in any effort to get it.
Spoilt brats at best!

Pauline gets my vote next time, with a largely extended middle finger to both Turnbull and Shorten.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:33 PM   #383
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The proof is out there for all to see now, that the mass media is a monster that does not respect a healthy democracy.

The education system is just so corrupt brainwashing people and hell bent making people fear anything that is not there Marxist or left wing degenerate dribble, our young uni and school kids are encouraged to reject the rights of a healthy democracy and they act like Nazis rejecting others rights to an opinion.

All the dribble we hear about white mid age male is just insane full on prejudice beyond belief, spun by narrow and simple minded sub educated narrow minded dipsticks who can't see the big picture at all.
Just mention the problem of dealing with Sin and this mob of deranged drongos reject this comprehension straight out right. Communist ! and the extreme right wing people are total deranged radical ratbags who work to lead all others astray, for their hell bent depraved hold over all others and It's the radical nuts like so that have enslaved people all through history.

Political correctness never saved anyone.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #384
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How is it sticking it to the establishment if you voted for the Republican candidate this time?

The funny thing is Clinton actually got more votes than Trump but lost the election.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:00 PM   #385
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Reason no5 = Nail on head!

****, if i could have voted i would have done so for that very reason, to stick it up the establishment.
People are sick to death of being told who they should be, how they should act, what they can say etc. etc. and now they have spoken up with a well extended middle finger.

Its funny, im sitting here watching a particular demographic protesting that they didnt get their own way largely due to the fact they didnt turn up and vote for it, all the while arguing with my 16yr old Daughter over her wanting to get her own way without putting in any effort to achieve it.

She tells me Trump is a sexist pig, but when i told her 50% of white women voted for him she asked "what do you want me to do about it"...i think the irony was lost on her.
Young people these days are out of touch with reality, they want everything to be they way they envision it, but wont put in any effort to get it.
Spoilt brats at best!

Pauline gets my vote next time, with a largely extended middle finger to both Turnbull and Shorten.
Talking with mates of mine and they say the same as you, that they are dealing with there children not respecting there views and the kid wants to be in control like a little ignorant Nazi, spinning crap that's been drummed into them from school.

That type of crap happened in Nazi Germany and it got that bad that the kids would dob in there mum or dad as being an enemy of the State for crying out loud and if we keep going like we are with Political Correctness, that type of rubbish is on the cards for sure.

I don't think Pauline is the answer but we need conservative centre party to keep the radical right and left PC rat bags at bay.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #386
Peterwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
How is it sticking it to the establishment if you voted for the Republican candidate this time?

The funny thing is Clinton actually got more votes than Trump but lost the election.

California is the answer !

It has a population of around 40 million the last time I looked.

She won this left leaning state easily and hence accumulated a lot of votes.

She got the 55 Electoral college votes for this. So her margin and number of votes do not matter.

For those of us who can remember back to 1998, Kim Beasley got 51% of the national vote and lost the Federal election. The big win in safe Labor seats caused this anomaly.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
4 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 08:41 PM   #387
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Ditto.
6 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #388
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Seems the majority of vocal members on here, and the US, have gotten what they wanted. Congratulations.

I hope for the world's sake the Trump Administration is not a destructive one; socially, economically, & environmentally. Let's see where we end up...
Old 10-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #389
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well let's see where we are a couple of months from now. He talked a lot of **** to get the votes but can he or will he deliver anything is the next question.

Republicans own both houses so should not be hard at all to do anything assuming they get onside which is not a guarantee at all.

This next four years will be important. Either he flops and everyone runs back to the establishment, or he turns out to be more of the same, or he does well and it scares the **** out of every government in the world.

If his victory speech was anything to go by it will be positive but it smells like someone else writing that for him. Very against his grain.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 09:08 PM   #390
.:4:.
Kicking back

Didn't Nixon get impeached?
Closed Thread