Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #61
BJ
Banned

Your next step is to the commissioner of police. Dont f*&k around anymore got to the top. Dont take no for an answer. If that dosnt get the ***** of his arss nothing will. Then what you do is you go back to sunshine and take his name and number and just walk out, he will be right behind you then and will do what ever you whant because he then nose that you are going to report him to his boss, it works every time no worrys. Troy my offer still stands.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #62
xrgran

As for officer plod. Go above his head and put in a formal complaint about his attitude. To make sure you are taken seriously send 'cc' letters of your 'letter' to the local politicians and the head of police for your state. I guarantee you will have the coppers jumping on their toes. It does work, have done it myself years ago. Stuff 'em!!

The scumlord has no legal right to change the locks, etc while you are in posession of a lease whether you are in the house or not. Cut the damn lock off the gate, as you can replace it later with something similar (make sure also that you always carry a 'copy' of your court papers with you), have some friends or family with you if you can as witnesses, and with as little damage as possible enter the house and get your belongings. The best senario is, if possible arrange with the cops (not the ********) for them to be present while you get EVERYTHING OUT OF THE HOUSE AT ONCE.

Perhaps, and this may be a bit time consuming but try this FIRST, go to the clerk at the courthouse and explain that officer plod said/treated you with contempt, yada yada. You DO NOT need an appointment to see the clerk at the main desk. Tell them that you have a medical condition that requires insulin, which the court should have medical records from the court case to prove it, and the court should be able to give a direct order to the cop shop and get the ball rolling from there.

I wish you well in all this bullshit.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 12:53 PM   #63
XRchic
Hello

XRgran is spot on! You need to go back to the court and make it clear that the police are not enforcing a court order. Im sure that that would be frowned upon by the magistrate who ordered it and by the police generally. And they may be able to make out an order for another police station to enforce it.

From what I know of residential tenancy law, if your lease is still valid, you are within your rights to have a locksmith come in and change the locks. Or you can remove them yourselves. You can also TRY and get the costs of it sent to the landlord. Take him to the Tribunal if you have to, to get they money back, and take your court order with you, to back up the fact that you were required to change the locks to access the house.

Also, based on your medication issue, surely there would be a lot more urgency about it all than has been shown so far. Is there any way you could get to Legal Aid (if you are eligble) as someone else suggested? Having a lawyer on your side would change the attitude of the coppers pretty quickly.

I think that cop behaved disgustingly towards you, LuvinmyEB and I defintely would put in a complaint about him to the police complaints department, with photocopies of any supporting documentation you have, such as the court order and letters re the medication from your doc. I would also be very tempted to send the whole package off to someone like Today Tonight - the police ignoring a court order, in a situation where medication was urgently required, and also their treatment of a citizen in need would surely be enough... I think the govt needs to have a seriousl look at the residential tenancy legislation and some overhauling done to ensure that this kind of thing does not happen and that there is some protection for people in this kind of situation.

And you could drag the landlord through the mud at the same time. Perhaps it would again increase awareness of people out there who suffer under dodgy landlords, the problems of private renting, show the tenants side (as opposed to the landlords side which is always shown) and highlight the disinterest the police have in helping people who really need them.

Perhaps that policeman was too busy getting ready to take his speed camera out and catch some "real criminals" and didnt want to be bothered helping you. I have to say, there would probably be 100s of cops sitting around in cars with their laser guns and cameras catching people doing 3kmh over the limit, yet not ONE would help you!

That landlord should be banned from renting any premises to anyone again, he should be fined for his actions and also be made to compensate you for costs and trauma that you have gone through, and that policeman who spoke to you should be castrated for his attitude towards you and his inability to understand what it means to actually enforce a court order!

Maddestman and LuvinmyEB, I really wish you the best of luck and I wish I could be over there to help you - I could help get your stuff out in a physical sense but I would also have been happy to run around with you to the Tribunal, Court or Police Station to help you too. It is frustrating for those of us who hear this sort of thing and cannot help.

I also hope you guys do have a big change in luck in your lives too - it always seems to be the way that nice people cop life's problems and the pricks always get away with things.

Best of luck guys and let us know how things go.

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #64
EA2BA
PM me if you want

snap the key off in the lock, only key you have, and now its broken, what shame, of well out with drill

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #65
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Jac, I've set myself a mission and I will not rest until this landlord is never able to rent another house ever again.

I've already sent a fax off to the tribunal for another urgent hearing, I have obtained addresses for the Police Commissioner, the Police Ethical Standards Department, the Seargent of the Police station, my local member of Parliament, The Tenants Union of Victoria (where you can inform them about the behaviour of a landlord, I believe they are starting a website to inform potential renters about dodgy landlords).

I've also decided that I will let the landlord show the Residential Tenancies Tribunal just how much contempt he's showing towards their orders, which in the long run will cost him thousands of dollars in fines as well as thousands of dollars in compensation that I will be entitled too. I've already been told that I am entitled to a fair bit so far just for the medical condition.

He's digging his own grave, everyone that I have spoken to have been absolutely gob smacked at his actions (including the arbitrator that I spoke to yesterday) and have told me that I am in a very good position as I have done absolutely nothing wrong.

I'll be going back to the tribunal next week and I will be requesting that a much stronger order be enforced against him and that Keilor Downs Police Station be the nominated station for any paperwork to be faxed too. I'm concerned that there will be some friction if I return to Sunshine especially after I send off the letter regarding the constables actions (my life was made a living hell by them once before by a now retired police officer when I was in my late teens).

I will then be applying for compensation backdated from when he first started causing trouble (which I am entitled to, I have been keeping reciepts, letters and dates for quite some time now). After that as he hasn't lodged the bond with the RTBA and refuses to do so even after being ordered to, I'll be going back to apply for my bond as I KNOW that he's thinking he'll just pocket it.

This I will not rest on, I will no longer be treated like a criminal when both Troy and I are the victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
snap the key off in the lock, only key you have, and now its broken, what shame, of well out with drill.
I was thinking more along the lines of superglue in the locks at dawn. Including the one for the alarm system which is outside. When I worked at a locksmiths, the only way to get to fix that was to cut the locks out and replace them, which will mean new doors, alarm system, having to cut the locks of the gates etc. :evil_laug

I'd also like to thank EVERYONE for your support, you really have no idea what it means to see that people are backing up what your thinking, doing and even suggesting ideas. Especially when you think your about to lose it completely.

Thanks again,
Nikki & Troy.
Old 26-05-2005, 08:05 PM   #66
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Burn him guys, absolutely take him to the cleaners and make him pay for it with cold hard cash. Hopefully you can smile as he sits sobbing in the court wondering where he will find the tens of thousands of dollars to pay your compensation and the massive fines he gets.
Its about then you remind him that your not finished yet, you have more to come...that way he gets to stress just that little bit more.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #67
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Good Luck guys.

I hope this mothertrucker gets what he deserves.

I've had bad experiences with private rentals from shite head landlords. I know what you're going through.

nail the twat!

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 09:45 PM   #68
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys NO MORE stuffing around go and get what is yours and to hell with the landlord you have more against him than he has you .

Faint heart never won....GET WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS AND STUFF THE LANDLORD.

SERIOUSLY if I was there I would do it for you .....but you've got to bite the bullet do whatever it takes to get your stuff back and then it's the triple D......DENIE...DENIE...DENIE.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:11 AM   #69
xrgran

Good on you Nikki and Troy. In the end perserverance will pay off for you and this moron will be doing the paying. It's terribly frustrating for us all reading of your dillema, and we can only imagine the torment and anguish you are suffering.

As Jac has said, I too would love to help if I was in the position to do so. I think between Jac, myself, you and Troy we would sit this rat fairly on his ****!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:52 AM   #70
XRchic
Hello

Glad to hear it Nikki, that you are Troy are going for it! You have right on your side, as you said, you have done nothing wrong! And you didnt deserve any of that, from the landlord or the police. It is wrong that people who have power over others can screw them so badly. Well it is your turn to screw back and I think it is safe to say, all your mates on the forums here are behind you both and your kids.

There will be one massive virtual roar of appreciation from the entire forums when you post and tell us how you nailed the bastards who screwed you!

GOOD LUCK! Lets hope the good guys win for once!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 12:13 PM   #71
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your mission should you choose to accept it is to F**K this mongrel landlord.
YOU GO GUYS :
Old 27-05-2005, 12:30 PM   #72
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
I was thinking more along the lines of superglue in the locks at dawn. Including the one for the alarm system which is outside. When I worked at a locksmiths, the only way to get to fix that was to cut the locks out and replace them, which will mean new doors, alarm system, having to cut the locks of the gates etc. :evil_laug
As much fun as it would be, I wouldnt do this. You'd just be stooping to his level, and possily get yourself in a bit of trouble.
Just take pride in watching him cry like little girl when he gets the bill for all the fines and compensation.

I really hope it goes smoothly for from now, and hopefull yits over very very soon so you can start enjoying your life in comfort.

also, I want every detail of his facial expression when the judge gets the lube out for him. :evil3:

Last edited by MAD; 27-05-2005 at 12:31 PM.
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 05:23 PM   #73
shane3
FPV GT 0915

How did the land lord get a copy of your key as I thought the real estate people were the only other people to have a copy ?, With the keys to the place we are renting my wife and I are the only ones with keys and only we know the code to the alarm, the day we moved in was the day that we changed the locks front and rear, the real state guys cracked the shits and asked for a copy of the keys, I told them that they will get a copy of the key when I have a copy of their house keys as I don't trust them and they also wanted to know the alarm code, We told them to go get stuffed.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 06:38 PM   #74
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

As much fun as it would be to superglue the locks, I was joking, I wouldn't stoop to his level... but sooooo tempting. :

As has been said many a time, it was a private rental and he obviously kept a set of keys.

I was advised to go to the media (by the tenants union) after sending my letters off about the lack of police help to all the people that will be recieving them.

Here's a heads up for people that are currently renting, as of June 1 the state government are no longer funding any tentants advice centres. So there is now one centre in Melbourne (55 Johnson Street, Fitzroy) to go and get advice from. I have an appointment there on Monday afternoon as they're only open for 3 hours a day (not 5 days a week either), to go and get help making my first compensation claim against slumlord (I'll be able to make 2 :hihi: ).

So now while people are getting royally shafted by landlords and real estate agents, they'll have an awfully long wait (and possibly long trip into Fitzroy) if they need advice that can't be handled over the phone.

Thanks Bracksie. :jab:

Last edited by LuvinmyEB; 27-05-2005 at 06:40 PM.
LuvinmyEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 10:51 PM   #75
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:
As has been said many a time, it was a private rental and he obviously kept a set of keys.
Private rental or not why didn't he change the lock's, I have always changed them, even in a shared house when some one moved out we changed them, the one time we didn't all 4 of us were robbed by the guy who we kicked out as he had a spare that we didn't know about, any way they have to give you 24 hours notice before they come around, It gives you time to organise to have a day off and be there when they are.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 10:52 AM   #76
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Private rental or not why didn't he change the lock's, I have always changed them, even in a shared house when some one moved out we changed them, the one time we didn't all 4 of us were robbed by the guy who we kicked out as he had a spare that we didn't know about, any way they have to give you 24 hours notice before they come around, It gives you time to organise to have a day off and be there when they are.
I think it's against the law (well in NSW anyway) to change the locks without consent of the owner. It's their house FFS, if you were the owner and somebody you trusted to rent the place to changed the locks, wouldn't you be pished off? I know I would be.

Yes we all know they have to give you 24 hours' notice, but Nikki and Troy's landlord thinks he's above the law and never gave any notice... plus a heap of other things.

Nikki, go to Today Tonight, they will pay heaps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #77
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can change the locks, but have to provide a set of keys to the landlord/real estate agent as soon as possible.

I'm about to be screwed by a situation out of my control. Came home and found a window had been cracked - looked like a small stone had hit the window. The lawnmower guy hadn't been, so it wasn't him. Went to ask the agents to begin the process of getting it repaired, and they said that in the lease, that all glass damage is the responsibility of the tenant unless it's the result of a burglary or something. I doubt the landlord will pay for it from the kindness of his heart. If I or a person known to me did it, I'd take responsibility and pay for it or get the culprit to pay, but as I wasn't even home at the time and have taken care of the place, can't help but feel shafted.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 07:03 PM   #78
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
I think it's against the law (well in NSW anyway) to change the locks without consent of the owner. It's their house FFS, if you were the owner and somebody you trusted to rent the place to changed the locks, wouldn't you be pished off? I know I would be.

Yes we all know they have to give you 24 hours' notice, but Nikki and Troy's landlord thinks he's above the law and never gave any notice... plus a heap of other things.

Nikki, go to Today Tonight, they will pay heaps!
I really never ever thought that he would go as far as changing the locks but oh well, more in my favour when it comes to me getting compensation and his fines skyrocketing even further.

Actually I was looking at ACA's website last night, but seeing as ACA & TT both run the same stories, I might get an offer to go on both of them, they love dodgy landlord and lazy cop stories. :hihi:

Last edited by LuvinmyEB; 28-05-2005 at 07:03 PM. Reason: must learn to type...
LuvinmyEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 07:45 PM   #79
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish you well guys ;)

Really really hope you have more success with the cops than I ever have .......... I have lodged about 5 official complaints over all the crap Ive been through in the past 3yrs & not a thing has been done :( They still refuse to serve the AVDO .......

Go get this scumlord though ...... & let us all know how its panning out ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #80
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
I might get an offer to go on both of them, they love dodgy landlord and lazy cop stories. :hihi:
Then make a story up about hooning and you will be guaranteed a spot on the monday edition!

Daniel.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #81
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Then make a story up about hooning and you will be guaranteed a spot on the monday edition!

Daniel.
Hrmm the landlords son that does all his dirty work drives a Hi-Ace van and an SUV he is a danger on the roads... :P
Old 28-05-2005, 09:42 PM   #82
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

EDITED..

<Sorry, now read the rest of the thread>.

Good Luck. My only advice is listen to people who know what they're talking about, there's plenty here who don't.

Last edited by BA_Turbs; 28-05-2005 at 09:54 PM.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 09:59 PM   #83
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

I rent houses to a number of people - all through agents.
A tenant is better protected by tenancy law than a landlord. IF you have a current lease and have responded to any time of the essence correspondence from the land lord and are paid up in rent at the agreed rate what people say here is true, he wont have a leg to stand on.
Regarding your gear, feel free to go and get it, worst case you may loose a little of your bond if you damage the place (if you dont have a bond lodged with the bond board that is another strike against the owner) If you have a lease that is current, go for it. Get your gear. Cut padlocks and drill out door locks, then ring the andlord and let him know for some strange reason your keys stopped working (Play real dumb - that will really infuriate him) and you need to organise someone to fix it, heck - move back in if you have a current lease. You are MUCH better protected under law than him.
TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 05:10 PM   #84
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

We just went down just before to the old house to check the mail and ensure nothing had been tampered with that we could see, after going to get some advice on where we stand from the tenants union (In Fitzroy, which is a long way away if you're going there in a Mk I Escort which is having big troubles :(). Noticed this as soon as we got there. The picture says it all.

Sorry about the quality, taken with a camera phone from the other side of the LOCKED gates, only changes I've made to the picture are to crop out everything but the car and zoom it 200% so it's clearer what I'm talking about.

Yes, the car is registered, and yes, last time we were there, it still had the number plates attached. So, as a direct result of him locking the gates and making sure we can't get the car, the plates have gone missing. Of course, he is the prime suspect, but we can't prove it, and of course the police don't want to know about it when Nikki rang them up to report them stolen, they asked if she had any idea who might have taken them, so she told him and was told "It's a civil matter, how do you know he stole them?"

While we were there, we also noticed that someone has taken all the fuses, and someone has tampered with the mailbox.

Our patience is wearing rather thin...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #85
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Report them stolen to the RTA. Ring police on the 1300 number whatever it is don't tell them anything about the problems you are having. If they are stolen they are stolen,fulstop end of story. NO you don't have any idea as to who took them someone else could have been watching the goings on and taken them,I know thats a long shot but you really don't know. Whats to say he hasn't put them on his car to go to the local servo and get a free tank of petrol and you are in the poo again.

Last edited by deesun; 30-05-2005 at 05:20 PM.
deesun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #86
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
Our patience is wearing rather thin...
Thin is not the f*cking word for it at the moment.

I will keep doing things legally, I will keep doing things legally...

Where the hell is that bloody calm blue ocean?
Old 30-05-2005, 05:22 PM   #87
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be half tempted to report the car stolen too Just say you've spotted it on some persons backyard. I'm sure they'll collect it for you.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #88
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got any friends nearby? just ask the to make small detours past the house as often as possible and ring you if they see him there, you may be able to do this yourself as you don't live far away. Keep camere and camera phone handy but do not approach. He may be setting you up to roll it out on to the road.

Last edited by deesun; 30-05-2005 at 05:26 PM.
deesun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #89
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I'd be half tempted to report the car stolen too Just say you've spotted it on some persons backyard. I'm sure they'll collect it for you.
Tried the stolen car thing, the cops didn't believe it was stolen.

Just called Vic Roads too, they haven't been notified that the plates are stolen so we were told to ring back in 24 hours and if the police haven't notified them then they'll give us a number to go higher. Vic Roads is directly opposite the Police station!!! :
Old 30-05-2005, 05:38 PM   #90
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Guys, honestly, I know you are trying to do this the right way, but it's time to jump off the deep end.

I wish that someone could keep an eye on the place for you during every day, but from what you've posted before, sounds like no-one gives a flying f*ck who lives near your old place.

Hopefully this will be sorted ASAP, I wish I was down there to help, unfortunately, I can't.