Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #61
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Some importers reckon it can be imported (example), The first examples were for race/tarmac rally but now they seem to have compliance for general use:

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=12085

and others say that it can’t

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au...php?storyid=21

There is a discussion on Skylines Australia about them. There are a few in the country being driven around, One of the SEVS discussions was that Nissan Aus had missed a nominated import date and importers could bring in cars if they were manufactured before/after they were officially released on the Australian market (kind’ve like some of the Mitsubishi GTO-3000GT, Mazda RX7 twin turbos, Nissan S15 Silvia imports). My gut feel is I think that it can be done, people will pay big money to be the first one in their suburb with one (look at the R34 Z-tune that was imported – Sydney car I think) and some of the import companies are shifty buggers.

Either way I can’t wait to see my first one in the flesh.

P.S. I thought that moves were being made behind the scenes where cars didn’t have to be tested again for some ADR’s because they had passed very similar standards overseas (it was judged too costly for the Lexus LC400 to be tested for ADRs (versus the numbers that could be sold) so Toyota Aus passed on bringing it in to the country). Nissan/Toyota/Mitsubishi, etc seem to be in favour of it. I’m not saying that this has happened yet but some of the car companies are trying to change the current rules.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #62
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
Some importers reckon it can be imported (example), The first examples were for race/tarmac rally but now they seem to have compliance for general use:

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=12085
um.....no it can't, read below it's specs.

Quote:
This model is being tested for SEVS compliance now - may be legal for import for road use within 6-12 months
austyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #63
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon
um.....no it can't, read below it's specs.
Damn! You are right.

Okay it can't be registered yet. I know that there are a few guys busting their nuts to get it done.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #64
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
That's alright flappist, you have no knowledge worth bestowing.

But please Flappist, prove me wrong. You could actually start with the ADR here http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legi...RLI+Dec+05.pdf
Yes I can see by this thread and others to which you have contributed that nobody can tell you anything....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #65
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI POWER
Oh well, its how life goes, not every-one gets sucked in. :
I thought you were recently banned for trollism.....

Must not have got the message yet.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #66
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I thought you were recently banned for trollism.....

Must not have got the message yet.
Get over it flap man, i love the ff.au site i'm back for the long haul.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #67
GT-E

A mate of mine is importing 3 this year, one will be here in 2 weeks.
Its on the boat and will be used to get compliance plates for a workshop so they can bring them in under the RAWS.
I am hoping to have a go in it when it arrives :
There does not need to be any crash or emission evidence as it already exceeds all our requirements.
Old 16-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #68
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Okay from the Mellor article:

So ADR 79/01 roughly mirros what the Yanks and the Japanese already have. My entire argument is why on earth would the Japanese?French/Germans etc not be able to provide data for the Australian ADRs based on information they had gained while testing the emissions of the vehicle overseas.

I would have thought testing the same car again with the same results in another country would be completely pointless. NCAP for instance share safety testing results between Australia, The UK, The US, Japan and Europe - with their testing being ISO compliant - there is no point in writing off numerous cars for the same results.

So why invent the wheel and re-test the car for data they would probably already have?
Japan germany whereever can probably send all their data across to australia.

but testing them again would just be PROCEDURE and PROTOCOL that needs to be done. accept it and get over it. this thread is giving me a headache. :
Old 16-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #69
b2tf
not here much anymore

We are going to play nicely or not at all, personal attacks and sledging is not on, regardless of who you are. The accepted fact is that any imported vehicle must be tested in australia to meet australian regulations.