Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #121
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs casper
unfortunately i cant but ask casper as i dont drive out of werribee. way too scary for this little black duck.
Fair enough, I doubt he would want to transport that biological hazard you referred to in his car, hahaha :
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 11:02 AM   #122
The MaDDeSTMaN

Anyway, back to the point of this thread, can anybody else help out, looks like we've got some people willing and able to help this coming Saturday, can anybody else come along then, or even better, sooner?
Old 02-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #123
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys, I'd kill to get over there and help you out. My advice would be to just get straight in there, grab the EB and your stuff out of the house, and if it goes to court later on you can deal with it then.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #124
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLY6
Guys, I'd kill to get over there and help you out. My advice would be to just get straight in there, grab the EB and your stuff out of the house, and if it goes to court later on you can deal with it then.
Yup, that's the plan, which is why I'm asking if anyone can help us - poor LuvinmyEB seems to have caught the flu, which I'm only just getting over, and I can't do it on my own. :(
Old 02-06-2005, 01:58 PM   #125
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What time will you guys be starting on Saturday? I usually see my GF on Sat, but not till about 2pm.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #126
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
What time will you guys be starting on Saturday? I usually see my GF on Sat, but not till about 2pm.
Don't know yet, but possibly about lunch time by the looks of it.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #127
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

hey guys, i havent got time to read the whole thread, as im about to leave for work.
how much more time do you have?

just asking coz about 6 of us (fairly large) adelaide guys are coming over to melbourne on july 9th, and we're bringing an empty car trailer with us.
we'd be more than happy to help out with car and engine removal, and if required, property destruction can be arranged....

but seriously, if its in the time frame, we'll be there ;)
Old 02-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #128
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
hey guys, i havent got time to read the whole thread, as im about to leave for work.
how much more time do you have?

just asking coz about 6 of us (fairly large) adelaide guys are coming over to melbourne on july 9th, and we're bringing an empty car trailer with us.
we'd be more than happy to help out with car and engine removal, and if required, property destruction can be arranged....

but seriously, if its in the time frame, we'll be there ;)
The sooner the better. Thanks for the offer, but it sounds like it might be a week or so too late :(

Oh BTW pauljh74, whatever time you can make it, if you can make it, it would be very much appreciated. I can PM you address and phone details if you want.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:13 PM   #129
The MaDDeSTMaN

Hey, does anybody else want to go to see the world premier of Rush afterwards - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11010

$15 for seeing a movie made by a fellow forum member and a copy of it on mini DVD sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:30 PM   #130
JG3282
Awake after dark

If you still haven't got the stuff by queens birthday weekend [a week and 2 days from today] I may very well be able to help you move all the stuff by a trailer and also bring a hoist over

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 12:46 AM   #131
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
Hey, does anybody else want to go to see the world premier of Rush afterwards - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11010

$15 for seeing a movie made by a fellow forum member and a copy of it on mini DVD sounds like a good deal to me.
Count me in!!! I'll come!!
Old 03-06-2005, 12:57 AM   #132
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Count me in!!! I'll come!!
Cool, I'll ring the phone number in that thread tomorrow morning then
Old 03-06-2005, 01:27 AM   #133
old_mate
Smash the Boost

My only bit of advice to you guys is to get everything out before that lease expires. If you have to bust locks, chains etc then so be it, these items are news to you and all you legally have to do is hand your keys over. If he decides to be an *** about it at the end of the lease, he is only asking for trouble.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 01:31 AM   #134
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
My only bit of advice to you guys is to get everything out before that lease expires.
Yup, that's the plan, I don't think it's a good idea to wait any longer then is absolutely necessary.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:16 PM   #135
The MaDDeSTMaN

Ok, here is what needs to be moved:

• Photo Albums
• Hand made china Christmas tree
• Novels and text books
• Framed photographs
• Bench grinder
• Various other small items

Items in the shed and back yard of premises:

• Car – 1993 Ford Falcon
• Replacement engine for 1993 Ford Falcon
• Lawn Mower
• Whipper Snipper
• Assorted gardening tools: 2 x spades, 1 x shovel, 1 x rake, 1 x gardening fork, 1 x outdoor broom
• pedestal fan
• Hydraulic Jack
• Set of car ramps
• Set of car stands
• Fuel Can

And quite possibly a few other things we can't remember.

Asides from the car and engine, nothing that couldn't be moved in a reasonably sized car.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:44 PM   #136
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I'll fit most of that in the wagon in 1 trip.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #137
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'll fit most of that in the wagon in 1 trip.
Yeah, possibly, from memory there are quite a few boxes of, well, misc stuff there that we can't remember exactly what is in them.

The biggest problem will still be moving the EB and engine, the issue will be getting them into the street where the tow truck can get to them both - there is no way a tow truck would fit up the side of that house. :(
Old 03-06-2005, 03:23 PM   #138
The MaDDeSTMaN

It doesn't look like that gate should be any real problem - I went and had a better look at it earlier, and took some pics, and it looks like we could just dismantle it. You can click the link below the thumbnail pics to see the original pics (only 640x480 res, so won't take long even if you're on dial-up).

A cordless drill might still come in handy however, if anyone has one they could bring.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:41 PM   #139
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

I'd love to see the look on the landlord's face when he gets there and sees the car is gone but the lock is still on the gate :
Old 03-06-2005, 03:43 PM   #140
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Man
I'd love to see the look on the landlord's face when he gets there and sees the car is gone but the lock is still on the gate :
So would I
Old 03-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #141
b2tf
not here much anymore

GREAT Idea, get in there and get it all out. Try putting a bag of rapid set concrete powder through the lawn too, next time it rains or he waters it he may just get a little shock.

Best of Luck, Im sure all available members will head on down for a good ol' Lynchin' Session!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #142
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok guys it looks from the pics the gates will lift off,get yourselves a few adjustable spanners take off top bar,lift gate and your in.
Hope i'm right good luck.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 10:17 PM   #143
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Ok guys it looks from the pics the gates will lift off,get yourselves a few adjustable spanners take off top bar,lift gate and your in.
Hope i'm right good luck.
Yup, should do, and if not, we can always just disassemble the whole thing. No matter what, we should be able to get past that gate.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:16 PM   #144
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone take the video camera just in case slumlord turns up. Charge the batteries tonight, plenty of tape. No need for in criminating evidence so just keep it handy for slumlord
Old 03-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #145
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Someone take the video camera just in case slumlord turns up. Charge the batteries tonight, plenty of tape. No need for in criminating evidence so just keep it handy for slumlord
Ahhh, good idea. I'll have my phone, but that's only good for 10 seconds in REALLY low resolution, so if anybody could bring along a camera to film the walrus if he shows up, that would be great!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:23 PM   #146
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I'll chuck it in the car, mind you mother won't be happy if it ends up broken.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 11:25 PM   #147
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
I'll chuck it in the car, mind you mother won't be happy if it ends up broken.
Then either make sure it's nice and secure in the car and won't move, or take it easy while you're driving... Hmm, maybe the first option is the more likely choice
Old 03-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #148
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good Luck for tomorrow anyways.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:29 PM   #149
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Good Luck for tomorrow anyways.
Thanks!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:48 PM   #150
LUXO_8
windsor user

i will have my boss's hilux tomorrow and ill be in werribee.....
if you'd like to pm me an address and mobile number, i'll ask him tomorrow when i pick it up if im allowed to use it to help.....

i'll text you yes or no....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post