Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-06-2005, 07:13 PM   #181
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I've got a glove box you guys can have, unless I pitched it. Pretty sure I didn't.

I'm just about to upload those photos of the window, I'll email them right away.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 07:15 PM   #182
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Oh and VERY disapointed in Choice Bro Towing! All that and the winch died!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #183
460cixy
burn out king

who the **** are choice bro towing?
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 08:42 PM   #184
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
I've got a glove box you guys can have, unless I pitched it. Pretty sure I didn't.

I'm just about to upload those photos of the window, I'll email them right away.
Don't worry about the glove box Rob, I fixed it, none of the clips were broken, I gave the EB a bit of a clean up too, so she's slowly returning to her former glory. :sm_headba

*mental note to self ... stick with usual tow truck driver* :
Old 05-06-2005, 08:48 PM   #185
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im so glad you got your baby back Nikki, I really hope you get his b@lls on that plater ................. Mongrels like that should have been drowned at birth ..........
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #186
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
Don't worry about the glove box Rob, I fixed it, none of the clips were broken, I gave the EB a bit of a clean up too, so she's slowly returning to her former glory. :sm_headba

*mental note to self ... stick with usual tow truck driver* :
Hey Nikki,
Now its only been back a little over 24 hours, and you are already LuvinmyEB. You are a true Champ :

Now that leaves you and the Mad One back where you were before. Still needing to get the engine changed>

I will start a fund. I spot twenty dollars to go towards the engine replacement for this car. These guys deserve a good break. Anyone else got some spare folding to add?
Luvin, Drop me a PM with some details where I can send you a "Lobster"!
Cheers,
Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #187
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460cixy
who the **** are choice bro towing?
We were waiting for the towwie to rock up (he never did) and this totally dodge tow truck drove past with a van on the back. Three guys in it, one total bogan and two of the most stereo typical maoris you've ever seen.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #188
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Hey Nikki,
Now its only been back a little over 24 hours, and you are already LuvinmyEB. You are a true Champ :

Now that leaves you and the Mad One back where you were before. Still needing to get the engine changed>

I will start a fund. I spot twenty dollars to go towards the engine replacement for this car. These guys deserve a good break. Anyone else got some spare folding to add?
Luvin, Drop me a PM with some details where I can send you a "Lobster"!
Cheers,
Mike
Count me in for twenty.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #189
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I dont mind helping out taking into account the drama you have gone through

Send me a PM
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #190
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I spot the ex landlord for a few grand!!! :

Trust me guys, Nik has got plans for that EB and it will be back better then ever soon enough. I dont mind pitching in a bit to help out as well.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #191
StorminaTcup

Could we possibly organise an engine swapping working bee? I am sure we have some more than capable and willing mechanics, as they say "many hands make light work".
Lets give it a red hot go and see if we organise something for next weekend (queens b/day) surely we cant all be going away!. After reading how Nikki & Troy have been dealt a cruel hand, let's turn this run of misfortune around. My hand is up! (you have my mobile no). I have tools,stands and ramps, and possibly access to a hoist. Lets get the ball rolling!
p.s Nikki & Troy please don't feel embarrased by my actions.
After following your misfortune, you are overdue for a change of luck and i hope we can pull something off. cheers Mark & Tracey

Last edited by StorminaTcup; 05-06-2005 at 10:50 PM.
StorminaTcup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #192
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'm up for getting my hands dirty and bringing some beer to fuel us as we work (but not too much so that we try and make it the world's first straight-six transverse engined Falcon...).

As for choice bro towing, those Maoris were a crack-up!!!! Sweet as cuz.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:40 PM   #193
AUGhiaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
Oh yeah, I can't believe how much stuff was missing - the whipper snipper, the pnumatic (spelling?!?) jack, heaps of other things. He's going to wish that damage hadn't been done and those things hadn't gone missing, because no matter if he did it or not (and lets face it, it was most likely him, seeing as before and after the plates went missing the locks on the gates had been moved from one position on the gates to another, and without dismantling the gates it would be rather difficult to get the jack and other large heavy items out), he is responsable for them going missing, because as a result of his actions, we were unable to retrive our goods for ourselves without help and incurring extra costs. So, in short, by locking us out, he assumed responsability for the goods which were still there.
So has all this stuff been reported stolen and the property dameage been reported. Police can't use the 'you know where it' is bullsh*t in this case. And don't forget, if he's a big enough dickhe?d to do this in the first place he's a big enough dickhe?d to have all your stuff in his house.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 02:57 AM   #194
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Wow!

Where do I start? I am really blown away by the generosity and support you guys are giving both myself and Troy (aka the Mad one : ).

As Casper said, I do have plans for the car, however I wasn't expecting as much damage as has been done, this now looks like the replacement engine has had something put in with the 710. Hopefully this isn't the case.

Depending on the outcome for compensation in court on Tuesday and the amount of time that it takes to get the money out of him. I should be able to get the car running before the landlord pays up because I can see me chasing him through the Magistrates court for it. The rear window has thrown the bank balance out slightly but not to the point where we're going to be living on Spam.

I'm still also fighting with the stupid mechanic who stuffed the engine in the first place and I will be getting a detailed report from a VERY reputable mechanic whom I doubt will be worried about courts. This will not put the dodgy mechanic in a good position at all.

I digress.

I am now on a mission (and if/when the going gets tough and I start complaining, someone kick my **** for me. ), that mission is to get my EB looking so damn good that I can proudly have it on display with the rest of the AFF cars at AFS and FPV day.

We all go through trying times, a car can be replaced or you can buy another, you cannot replace people or your health. I'm thankful that we all still have that. I'll take this as another lesson learned.

I am truly humbled by your offers of money and help, however there are others out there that are far worse off then myself and Troy. We will get through this.

All I can say at this time is that it would feel wrong of me to take money, when like the rest of us I can save and work to get the EB back to her former glory, if not better.

Thanks to each and everyone that has been and still are so supportive.
:king:

P.S. 5th Flr, 55 King St, 3.00pm Tuesday 7th to meet the person responsible. :newangel:
Old 06-06-2005, 03:03 AM   #195
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wow!
P.S. 5th Flr, 55 King St, 3.00pm Tuesday 7th to meet the person responsible. :newangel:
Alright peoples get the tomatoes ready lol.
:
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 03:08 AM   #196
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Alright peoples get the tomatoes ready lol.
:

I'll be in the FPR Jacket and Troy well he'll be the skinhead next to me.
Please... Not the Jacket! Not the Jacket!! Do you know how hard it is to get those stains out? :nutsycuck
Old 06-06-2005, 04:32 AM   #197
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

I say anyone who's available go to court in their FPR jackets also, get the numbers up so scum landlord will be sweating :evilking:
Old 06-06-2005, 09:19 AM   #198
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

As i am a locksmith,I do a lot of jobs for real estates up here in brisbane and it is quite common for keys to be cut for the tennant,real estate and the landlord, however, while the tennant is renting neither the landlord or the real estate agent can enter your house without notice. And this has to be written notice. Otherwise they are breaking the law.
NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 10:35 AM   #199
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWK
As i am a locksmith,I do a lot of jobs for real estates up here in brisbane and it is quite common for keys to be cut for the tennant,real estate and the landlord, however, while the tennant is renting neither the landlord or the real estate agent can enter your house without notice. And this has to be written notice. Otherwise they are breaking the law.
Not wanting to be rude or anything but all you just said has been known for quite some time. This here story is a saga of epic proportions and very involved to say the least. To save time and my fingere and anyone elses may I sugest you go back to page one of this thread and bone up, there are other related threads too ,it really is interesting reading a veritable roller coaster ride. As with all the true epics you will laugh you will cry and you will be amazed at every twist and turn. Have a great day and happy reading. :
Old 06-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #200
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Good to see things went smoothly (enough). I would have helped, no doubt. But being in QLD makes it a little difficult.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #201
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Not wanting to be rude or anything but all you just said has been known for quite some time. This here story is a saga of epic proportions and very involved to say the least. To save time and my fingere and anyone elses may I sugest you go back to page one of this thread and bone up
Err.. ummm.. don't really want to touch that last bit...

Quote:
there are other related threads too ,it really is interesting reading a veritable roller coaster ride. As with all the true epics you will laugh you will cry and you will be amazed at every twist and turn. Have a great day and happy reading. :
And then you'll : and after reading this post!

Yet another twist in the never ending story of the slumlord. :nutsycuck
Old 06-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #202
Kryton

Quote:

P.S. 5th Flr, 55 King St, 3.00pm Tuesday 7th to meet the person responsible.
maybe a quick phone call to A Current Affair might be in order.
digrace him nationally!!
hope it all goes well tomorrow, and you probably arent anyway, but dont expect to see any money from him for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time either.
if he can get away paying $10 a week then he will.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #203
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
maybe a quick phone call to A Current Affair might be in order.
digrace him nationally!!
hope it all goes well tomorrow, and you probably arent anyway, but dont expect to see any money from him for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time either.
if he can get away paying $10 a week then he will.
Way ahead of you on the ACA thing. ;)

Pfft! I don't expect to see the money for a good year or so, but I'll be making sure it goes on his credit rating. :
Old 06-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #204
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Oh and by the way does anyone know what is across the road from 55 King St? : :newangel:

I'll buy a few drinks if anyone wants to show up for the hearing and it's also a good way to beat the peak hour traffic. :voldar02:
Old 06-06-2005, 07:34 PM   #205
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nikki, Good luck tomorrow ;)

BTW .... how you going on locating a rear blinker assembly ??????????????

What other parts do you need ????????????

I realise Im a long way away .... but trust me .............. ;) :sm_headba
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #206
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Thanks Lisa.

I didn't get time to ring everywhere today for quotes, I did however get windscreens obrien out but they couldn't fit the window because the boot wont open. Troy was around the corner but they refused to wait. ARGHHHHH! :(

Train strikes, so it's a taxi into the city tomorrow, another out of pocket expense to claim. ;)
Old 06-06-2005, 09:12 PM   #207
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good Luck for you and Troy termorra. Knock 'em dead. :
Old 06-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #208
xrgran

good luck Nikki and Troy for tomorrow...may the good guys win. We are all behind you
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #209
AdzT3-146
own the road

yep best of luck for tomorrow guys.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:51 PM   #210
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Good Luck for you and Troy termorra. Knock 'em dead. :
Thanks everyone.

Can I take the 'knock 'em dead' literally?