Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Wanted Car bits and other general items

Wanted Car bits and other general items If you want it and it's not in the For Sale section, post it here

Old 22-01-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
Juggernub
Starter Motor

Default BA GT-P transmission

Hey All

Thanks for reading I’m new to this whole scene but I’m looking for a automatic transmission for a 2003 BA falcon GT-P series. Haven’t had any luck finding one online or from all the wreckers I have contacted.

But wanted to see if anyone here knew where I could get one, have one I could buy or knew what a comparable transmission was that can replace the busted one.

Any feedback or help is appreciated thanks all!
Juggernub is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Default Re: BA GT-P transmission

Is there much difference between GT 4 speed and XR8 4 speed?? I picked up my Reco (XR8)for $1550.00 Drive in drive out as he had one on the shelf. Normal prices were between 2-2.5K. In what state are you?
This user likes this post:
Old 22-01-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0 View Post
Is there much difference between GT 4 speed and XR8 4 speed?? I picked up my Reco (XR8)for $1550.00 Drive in drive out as he had one on the shelf. Normal prices were between 2-2.5K. In what state are you?
GT and XR8 4 Speed Auto for BA are the same, the V8 4 speeds were only different between the 24V and 32V engines up to 1/10/2005. After that the 24V had a different 4 speed again and the 32V went to the 6 speed ZF.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-01-2020, 05:14 PM   #4
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Always onto it GT Legend
Old 22-01-2020, 05:36 PM   #5
Juggernub
Starter Motor

Thanks heaps Mont5.0 and GTLegend I will start there you guys have been a huge help
Old 22-01-2020, 05:37 PM   #6
Juggernub
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0 View Post
I picked up my Reco (XR8)for $1550.00 Drive in drive out as he had one on the shelf. Normal prices were between 2-2.5K. In what state are you?
I’m in Qld. But have the ability to have stuff shipped from another state very easily
Old 22-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Try Mr Ford in Greenacre, Fairford Spares in Padstow, Macarthur Auto Parts in Smeaton Grange and Ford Pro in Smthfield.

All in NSW unfortunately.
Old 22-01-2020, 05:50 PM   #8
Juggernub
Starter Motor

That’s fine if it’s NSW no big deal, but just to make sure a 2005 xr8 is still ok or has to be before 2005?
Old 22-01-2020, 10:54 PM   #9
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernub View Post
That’s fine if it’s NSW no big deal, but just to make sure a 2005 xr8 is still ok or has to be before 2005?
It has to be a four speed XR8 or GT built before 1/10/2005. After that they will have the 6 speed ZF box. You cant get one out of GHIA, Fairlane, LTD or base model Falcon as they are different again, before or after that date.
2 users like this post: