Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-03-2024, 09:54 AM   #2941
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Go onto any IGA and there will be loss leaders esp chicken meat dairy.
One near me had lamb legs around 7 or 8 $ a kilo.
Get em in to buy the basics and pray they buyer higher margin priced stuff at the same time.
Good business tactic.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2024, 09:16 AM   #2942
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I go to IGA to buy $9 per kg rump slabs and $12 scotch and then go to Coles for others. Although i notice that IGA bananas are often < $3 kg where as Coles standard now is $4, at least IGA is local money.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Last edited by raised by monkeys; 04-03-2024 at 09:24 AM.
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-03-2024, 03:11 PM   #2943
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
I go to IGA to buy $9 per kg rump slabs and $12 scotch and then go to Coles for others. Although i notice that IGA bananas are often < $3 kg where as Coles standard now is $4, at least IGA is local money.
IGA has some of the best deals on meat, there is an IGA where I go for work once a week and I usually drop in and buy steak and chicken if they have the deals on.

Not only that, the meat is better quality than the other two criminal corporations where I NEVER buy meat.

The only other place I get meat is Aldi, Pork mince under $8 a kilo (great for taco's pasta, lasagna, Asian Mince Recipes etc) and I get the burger mince for home made hamburgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
False. Worked for a retailer that did deals and stunts to bring customers in, hoping sale of other goods will more than make up for a single product, and then there is the prospect of repeat business.
Yes, but a bit different to just selling stuff at a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
Who am I to argue with the butcher?
They affectionately call our local butcher 'The Rap!$t', and the title is well deserved for his predatory pricing.

I would not believe a word he utters and I do not give him my money.

He has also been known to steal meat when doing kills for local farmers. Local farmers recently discovered that they consistently get an additional 30-40kg of meat per animal when sent to the abattoir than when he processes them.

But all that is getting very off topic.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2024, 04:07 PM   #2944
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So where does the RBA shop to get their "basket of goods" prices to calculate inflation?

By the sounds of it, certainly not IGA.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2024, 04:28 PM   #2945
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Thomas Dux?

More on-topic, a friend took a bath on his tidy and central inner-city studio auction last weekend. Reserve 400, sold after the auction (same day, on site) for barely 360. Part of me thinks maybe the market is down, part of me wonders if the agent hustled him just to close a sale.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: