Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 26-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #31
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox

Rick.
damn i was expecting a much more flamboyant response than that. :
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #32
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kiss minge often Rick? Good for you.
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #33
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrackers
damn i was expecting a much more flamboyant response than that. :
No point getting excited over something so trivial.
I've said my bit, I think they're wrong, they think their right, no need to go around in circles.

Rick.
Old 26-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #34
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I think Rick fails to see the point that we do listen, doesn't mean we are going to do what he suggests though, but I'm sure he wouldn't do anything I suggest he should do either
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #35
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
No point getting excited over something so trivial.
I've said my bit, I think they're wrong, they think their right, no need to go around in circles.

Rick.
how come i'm not considered part of 'they' :( i want to feel included.

seriously though, the forum is working well for a no fee sales medium, and as the 'others' have said, it won't be changing any time soon.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #36
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't find the current format too difficult but a few ideas to imporve the FS thread
  1. a change price option for the original poster this will allow a price reduction and be the only means of "bumping " so the bumping comes at a cost . abuse of this ( stupid reductions like 100 to 99.99 ) would result in firm action
  2. a sold option for the seller to remove or close the thread saving the mods time
  3. options like the falcon forum IE: classic post classic contemporary & non ford so we can just view our area of interest
  4. immediate ban from FS for 1 week for the first inappropriate posts and a forum wide ban for subsequent posts
  5. an agree to T&C popup before you post so you can't cry "it's not fair they didn't warn me
I understand that some or all of these ideas may be found to be unsuitable or unpalatable to the admin team and I respect this . we must remember this is a free service and we should not complain to our hosts that makes us ungrateful guests.
this is not a public forum it is privatly owned and as such we are here as long as the admin team are kind enough to grant us access, this can be withdrawn at any time without warning or explaination. so cut these guys some slack they have a hard job to do and a few members make it harder think back to the frequent posts of " bumpsies" we used to see so if you have a gripe complain to the "bumpers " and the " price consultants" (you can buy it cheaper here). here endeth the lesson :
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Open to suggestions...........

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #37
suasage
Starter Motor

would you please ring me on 0423298076 and explain some rules about this forum. I am computer illiterate, and your site is far from easy to access . IT took me 4 hours to place 1 car ad and some motor mouth comes along and leaves smart messages on the reply. I only want to sell parts off my 83 telstar, not play games.
suasage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #38
Kryton

the rules:
there is a for sale section to sell items in - use it.
any old section is NOT for selling stuff.
here is the sales section: http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=40
read the stickies at the top of each section and also: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11216854
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #39
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

well i think the new system is great! it works well and not that hard to figure out.

for all those users who say it only works for frequent visitors of the for sale section, then visit it more frequently or tuff luck!

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
CADSKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post