Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 13-02-2019, 07:23 PM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Maintenance Shutdown

Good evening

The forum will be shut down for maintenance (server migration) from 04:30 tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

It is expect to take around 90 minutes to update the replacement server with information from the present server so the window should conclude by about 06:00.

If any issues are identified during testing, the migration will be rolled back.

Best regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
92 users like this post:
290GTP, 4stanger, 73 4V XB, A-TEK, Adamz Ghia, Ansimp, Au futura, auIILTD, aussiblue, baboon, bawagon2012, Beastie, BENT_8, BFIIGhiaZF6, black13, Blue Roo, Bosko, bossv8ute, BOTTLEDUP, buggerlugs, Burnout, Captain Stubing, Charliewool, Chippar, Chopped, CoupeKing, cs123, DFB FGXR6, DJR-351, Falcon Coupe, Feathers, fordboi, Fordman1, foxtrot3, frankie86, FTE217, galaxy xr8, GasoLane, GCRXR6, Giant Cranium, GO FURTHER, GTP534, hawkgirl, In Focus, jaydee, kcodezd, knight rider, LG17, Maka, mcfly94, mchaggis, Mesa, me_two, MNTL.XD, Moo Man, Mr G8, MR REKLAW, mr_xlr8, Neville & Trish, Olbucko, oldgringo, Papa Smurf, PG2, PHANTMXR6, Phil, pottery beige, PridenJoy, Professor Farnsworth, Raptor, Ratmick, redozzy64, Rico 110s, Rob 351, roddy1960, solarite_guy, Sorted, Sox, SpoolMan, syco26, Tommie, Tucool, Uncle_Ken, UTXR8, Vesper Martini, wodahs, woodiebro, XByoot, XC50077, XD 351 Ute, xr8territory, Yellow Toy, zipping
Old 13-02-2019, 08:18 PM   #2
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Maintenance Shutdown

OH NO. What WILL I do??????

I will just have to get my fix eslewhere?
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2019, 09:46 PM   #3
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

4:30? In the a.m.?

I thought due to specially constructed vorticies in time and space that all hours before 7.00am were removed from existence? If so, to me this will have never happened.

Good luck.

Lukeyson
Old 13-02-2019, 09:50 PM   #4
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier View Post
4:30? In the a.m.?

I thought due to specially constructed vorticies in time and space that all hours before 7.00am were removed from existence? If so, to me this will have never happened.

Good luck.

Lukeyson
yer im up getting ready for work at that time (as I had to explain to some one a few days ago that it does exist)

but is it 430 EST or WST ??? difference may be a few hrs

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2019, 10:52 PM   #5
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Remember some Vic Events

All Ford Day - Geelong (Corio)
Sunday 17th February, 2019
See here https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11474638

Ford Forums Drag Nats Heathcote (Knowsley)
Friday 7th and Saturday 8th, July, 2019
See here https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11476791

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-02-2019, 07:45 AM   #6
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Sorry for the delayed restart (07:15) but the db copy and sync took considerably longer than it did in testing and wasn't finished until 06:00.

The server IP swap (by the ISP) then took a further 30 minutes and then the initial testing identified an SSL issue that meant no one could log in. We were about to roll back the change but then someone identified that the cause was the use of an IPv6 address for the new server and once the SSL config was updated all is good.

There may be other issues identified so please post anything you find here during the next couple of days before we turn off the old server forever.

Thanks for being patience.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2019, 09:45 AM   #7
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Hi Russ,

The forum pages are loading much faster now, which is great!

Found a few issues though;

1. Thumbnails are not showing up in some of my albums in my user gallery space.

2. Cannot upload JPEG or PNG images to the user galleries.
Comes back with error message... "(): Sorry, this image type is not supported yet." for both file formats.

3. All images are not showing up in my Show N' Shine thread (contained in the user galleries).

Last edited by GO FURTHER; 14-02-2019 at 09:52 AM.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #8
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Hi Russ,

The forum pages are loading much faster now, which is great!

Found a few issues though;

1. Thumbnails are not showing up in some of my albums in my user gallery space.

2. Cannot upload JPEG or PNG images to the user galleries.
Comes back with error message... "(): Sorry, this image type is not supported yet." for both file formats.

3. All images are not showing up in my Show N' Shine thread (contained in the user galleries).
Should all be fixed. Neither GD or ImageMagick were loaded but they have been now.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 14-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #9
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

There is still an issue with image verification (Captcha) so I've turned it off for now.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 14-02-2019, 04:50 PM   #10
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The image verification issue has now been resolved and it is turned back on.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 14-02-2019, 06:13 PM   #11
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The image verification issue has now been resolved and it is turned back on.
Still not working for me Russ?

Cannot upload JPEG and PNG images to my user galleries.
Same error message.
Also thumbnails not showing, and images not showing in my Show N' Shine thread.
Old 15-02-2019, 08:11 AM   #12
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Still not working for me Russ?

Cannot upload JPEG and PNG images to my user galleries.
Same error message.
Also thumbnails not showing, and images not showing in my Show N' Shine thread.
Ok.

Build thread: it looks like a number of gallery folders didn't get updated in the rsync which I've just proven by checking the images in THIS post which were missing and manually copying them across from the old server. We'll do another rsync later today.

Gallery: the above is why some don't show as they are stored in the same place just referenced differently. Not sure why you can't upload some images and I can't get into the gallery admin control panel this morning (I could yesterday) so I'll have to sort that one out first.

PS: I've synced your gallery so that the links in your build thread should now be fine. Thumbnails will have to wait until the sync is done.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 15-02-2019 at 08:43 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2019, 09:22 AM   #13
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Can you check the image upload now. It looks like there might be an issue with GD2 which we have been using for graphics management - the same issue that impacted the image verification so I've changed to ImageMagick (sic). May not solve the issue but worth a try.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-02-2019, 09:31 AM   #14
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Quote:
Can you check the image upload now. It looks like there might be an issue with GD2 which we have been using for graphics management - the same issue that impacted the image verification so I've changed to ImageMagick (sic). May not solve the issue but worth a try.

Cheers
Russ
Okay, i went into one of my affected albums that is not showing thumbnails (Album "Go further"), and tried uploading an image, and it comes up with this error message...

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/local/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 0x100 -quality 100 -geometry 0x100 '/var/www/html/photos/data/2936/thumbs/51899550_10217971689742294_4585478999865556992_n.j pg'
Old 15-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #15
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Not sure what that is about but I'll see what I can find.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-02-2019, 11:24 AM   #16
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Part of the mystery solved. The rsync managed to create a duplicate set of folders but at the wrong level.

Hard to explain but the upload is a three part process.

Files first go to /photos/uploads before the program creates thumbnails and moves the images to /photos/data.

What the rsync has done is created a duplicate set of folders at the wrong level.

So we now have /photos/data/data and /photos/uploads/uploads whereas they should be /photos/data and /photos/uploads respectively. They need to be removed and put in the right place which is going to take a while.

I suspect the error you are getting is because Photopost doesn't have permission to write to the thumbnails folder which is a reasonably easy fix once they are in the right place.

Will keep you updated.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 15-02-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 15-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #17
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

OK - I have resynced all the folder so hopefully all your images are back where they should be and the duplicates are gone. The top level folder permissions look ok on the uploads folder but it is only a temporary one that the files get removed form anyway. Looks like someone tried to upload some late yesterday evening but the files are still in the uploads folder which means it probably failed.

The permissions on your data folder (2936) for the thumbnails directory were different so I'm updating those now. Also looks like some of the thumbnails are missing but I might be able to use PP to recreate those.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-02-2019, 12:15 PM   #18
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I've started off the thumbnail rebuild. This may take several hours based on how many are actually missing.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #19
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The thumbnail rebuild failed with the same error you got. I know that mogrify is a component of ImageMagick that is supposed to reside in the directory mentioned in the error but doesn't - nor did it on the old server because we used GD2.

I've swapped back to GD2 and the thumb rebuild is under way without errors so it might be better to try and sort what the issue with GD2 is rather than use IM.

Getting there. Perhaps if you get a moment try another image upload just in case it was the permissions on your folders.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-02-2019, 01:01 PM   #20
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Further to the above, mogrify doesn't actually live in the folder specified in the error so I'll need to find where PP gets that information from and amend it. Mind you, if GD2 works for uploads I'll leave it in place.

Edit: found (and fixed) the mogrify location.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 15-02-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 15-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #21
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The thumbnail rebuild has completed.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #22
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Quote:
Getting there. Perhaps if you get a moment try another image upload just in case it was the permissions on your folders.
I appreciate all the effort you are going to rectify the problems, and I'm amazed at the progress you are making and so quickly!

On checking some other members galleries, others were also affected like "Cavs", with the same thumbnail missing issue on his.

Just tried posting a JPG photo to the album: "Go Further", and still comes back with the error;

"(): Sorry, this image type is not supported yet."

(Also cleared my cache, before trying the upload just in case that had something to do with it).

However, as a test I created a new album and named it; "Go further 2" and had no problems uploading a photo to that, so newly created albums work fine.

Also, all the thumbnails and photos are back in "Go Further" and another album of mine that was affected, and the photos are all showing in the forum threads and my Show N' Shine thread, so that's a great relief!

If you don't have any luck fixing the uploading of new photos to my album "Go Further", not to worry Russ, I'll just use album "Go Further 2" going forward.

Once again thanks for your help Russ, truly beyond and above the call of duty!
I don't know what AFF would do, if you were not around to troubleshoot these little glitches and problems!
Old 15-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #23
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Thanks. Can you please just check that uploads to your new gallery are working fine still as I have made a small change to the code that does the upload after getting some mysql errors related to syntax.

I'm fairly sure the issue with your old gallery is the 'ownership' of it but if you are happy to use the new one then so am I!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-02-2019, 03:27 PM   #24
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Just checked by uploading an image to my new gallery "Go Further 2".
Seems to be working fine Russ.

Thanks