Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-02-2024, 07:46 PM   #1
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Default MD glow plugs light

As the title suggests I'm just wondering if ,which or any of the MD Mondeos have glowplugs lights(indicator light the dash) i read in the books that they mentioned a glow plug light, but I don't see it on mine(2016 MD 2.0TDCi)
goz007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2024, 12:05 AM   #2
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Default Re: MD glow plugs light

So I'm taking it that no MD has a glowplugs light in the dash?
Old 18-02-2024, 07:51 AM   #3
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

There should be a spring like detail indicator in the cluster.
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2024, 03:30 PM   #4
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Yes correct, but I don't see it, even to the point I've had a torch & shined it on all the dash(car off) to see if I can see it that way(thinking maybe it's a blown globe) still no joy in finding it....maybe it's only the higher spec models that get it-as it's definitely mentioned in the cars owners manual (mines the poverty pack)....
Old 21-02-2024, 11:31 PM   #5
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Glow plug light mystery solved..... well half solved, yes glowplug indicator light is there, it sits near the 6 in the taco.But it's not working, the same as the auto start light that sits on the opposite side of the lower taco ,same as the low fuel light on the speedo gauge side & the other light on the opposite side of it.....the search continues.
This user likes this post:
Old 29-02-2024, 08:18 PM   #6
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Still looking into this as well (without to much input from u guys in the Forum-DOES ANY ONE SEE THE GLOWPLUG LIGHT IN THERE DASH WITH IGNITION SWITCH ON?).... anyway Ive put the dash into service mode(hold the "ok" button on the steering wheel with the ignition off, switch the ignition on-keeping the ok button depressed & it puts the dash in service mode & u can do a full function test of the dash & all its lights/gauges, you can also check & reset the distance to empty if it's incorrect & u can also check for any DTCs....really a handy little option.... anyway dash in service mode & glowplug light works, so globe is good, ive since been told the MDs don't show a glowplug light unless there is a fault with the system....I'm still looking into this claim, I still haven't checked the signal to the glow plugs to see if they are working(my arms aren't long enough-but hopefully a mate will come round this weekend & give me a hand with that.)
Old 01-03-2024, 05:45 PM   #7
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

My TDCi has the Glow coil on the dash, but i don't see it illuminate when i start the car.
I remember reading that the coils are linked to the doors, so when the doors are unlocked/opened, the coils are rapidly heated ready for start.
I guess when a problem is encounted, the light should illuminate.
Old 01-03-2024, 07:00 PM   #8
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Yeah the guy that told me said each glow plug has it's own feed from the relay & the only time that the light will illuminate is if there is a fault to the system, other than that u won't see it(the only time I've seen it was when putting the dash into service mode or "ET"(which is what came up-im suspect it means engineer/ing test) anyway just so I know what year model is yours ivorya?
Old 01-03-2024, 08:21 PM   #9
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

TXMA Model engine. 2014 Kuga