Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-06-2019, 06:41 PM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Question AU3 XR8 Ute Won't Start (Intermittently)

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my auto XR8 which occasionally refuses to start.

I turn the key to Accessories (all good) then turn to start and get nothing.

There's no specific circumstances which cause it (doesn't matter if it's hot or cold, just been driven or been sitting for a couple of weeks)

Every time this has happened I've kept tried a mixture of wriggling the steering wheel as well as moving the shifter from from P to N. Nothing obvious fixes it...I just keep turning the key off/on until it eventually starts.

The only out of the ordinary thing that has been happening recently; is that when I shift the box into a lower gear (3,2,1) it either won't do it, or after a while it'll decide to shift back to D irrespective of where the T-Bar is.

In terms of troubleshooting:

- I've checked that the relays are snug (switched them around and given them a light tap)
- Had a test light on the starter motor (when the key is turned, she lights up)

However - ironically, I haven't been able to reproduce the no-start scenario!

Any ideas on troubleshooting this greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post