Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-02-2019, 06:58 PM   #91
sashami
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
Saw one on the road today.

Aftermarket parts are already showing up in China to customise the interior.
What was it? and what did you think?
sashami is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #92
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They're in dealership everywhere in South East Queensland, plenty of Trend, ST-Line and Titanium models and lots of colors and options.
Old 20-02-2019, 12:29 PM   #93
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashami View Post
What was it? and what did you think?
Front looks nice.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2019, 08:22 AM   #94
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone driven the new SA Focus yet?

I notice a number of reviews stating that there is a delay switching from p or d into reverse, which would be an issue on an incline ie car rolling away.

After the powershift fiasco in LW and WT Focus/Fiesta this worries me.

Dunno why they cant please the punters and bring this car in with a clutch and a six speed manual box.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2019, 03:45 PM   #95
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post

I notice a number of reviews stating that there is a delay switching from p or d into reverse, which would be an issue on an incline ie car rolling away.

After the powershift fiasco in LW and WT Focus/Fiesta this worries me.

Dunno why they cant please the punters and bring this car in with a clutch and a six speed manual box.

Urgh no delay in the one I've driven.

They would sell bugger all manuals.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #96
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to hear.

well... they would sell one manual SA to me!
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #97
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you open the door a small cover comes around the edge of the door to protect your door and someone else's car if your door were to come in to contact. Nice feature if you have kids.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2019, 09:53 PM   #98
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sat in one recently, and I've got to admit I'm impressed - it's a big step up from the previous model, and has noticeably more rear legroom. Interior has mostly good quality materials, doors sound solid when closing. But I think interior is let down by the cheap feeling globebox lid that isn't damped, nor felt-lined, like it is in my Mondeo.

Lack of manual is a damn shame, as is the lack of full leather or electric tailgate in the Titanium.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2019, 12:25 PM   #99
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm driving a black ST-Line as a demo with the design pack.

Very refined, nice interior and with the 8 speed it goes like the clappers!

Good job Ford!
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #100
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

For what it's worth, the MkIV has finally won a WHEELS comparison test. I can not wait for the Focus ST as by all reports it's going to be a cracker.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2019, 05:14 PM   #101
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Focus ST-Line has won a drive.com.au test against the Corolla, i30, Cerato and Golf. Hopefully winning a few reviews will help in gain traction. I am noticing the adverts on TV all the time, and the adverts aren’t too bad.

https://www.drive.com.au/comparison-...nk=homeVideos1
5 users like this post:
Old 28-02-2019, 07:29 PM   #102
KosCo

Quote:
When you open the door a small cover comes around the edge of the door to protect your door and someone else's car if your door were to come in to contact.

I was inspecting the new SA Focus today - Titanium model. Looking at getting one in about 6 months time. Checked the doors but couldn't see the door protector that comes out. What model were you looking at? Can't see this in the specifications or as being available as an option. Anyone enlighten more on this? Thanks.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #103
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
I was inspecting the new SA Focus today - Titanium model. Looking at getting one in about 6 months time. Checked the doors but couldn't see the door protector that comes out. What model were you looking at? Can't see this in the specifications or as being available as an option. Anyone enlighten more on this? Thanks.
https://youtu.be/dh2WBDVMS3o?t=101

but it also seems to malfunction later on here https://youtu.be/dh2WBDVMS3o?t=485

Maybe it was removed from the design?
Old 01-03-2019, 06:58 AM   #104
cappie

Quote:
When you open the door a small cover comes around the edge of the door to protect your door and someone else's car if your door were to come in to contact. Nice feature if you have kids.
This feature is not available in Australia.
My Titanium is being built on 22 Mar and I asked the stock controller at my Stealership if this feature can b added during the production process. She said it was not on her spec sheet.
cappie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2019, 07:23 AM   #105
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappie View Post
This feature is not available in Australia.
My Titanium is being built on 22 Mar and I asked the stock controller at my Stealership if this feature can b added during the production process. She said it was not on her spec sheet.
Thanks for the insight. Could be an issue that the mechanism isn’t rated for the extreme heat we get here?
Old 01-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #106
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Skoda has this feature of door protectors popping out when you open the door. Pity all cars dont have them may have saved my rear quater panel when some SUV rear door was flung open into it
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #107
cappie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post

I read just the other day that there is a software patch to rectify the delay from Park and Drive to Reverse
Old 01-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #108
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
Focus ST-Line has won a drive.com.au test against the Corolla, i30, Cerato and Golf. Hopefully winning a few reviews will help in gain traction. I am noticing the adverts on TV all the time, and the adverts aren’t too bad.

https://www.drive.com.au/comparison-...nk=homeVideos1
During Wheels COTY they say it was the best car dynamically out of all of them. It was only price and spec that stopped it progressing to the final.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2019, 03:20 PM   #109
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Journo's have always said the Focus is the "best car dynamically" etc. in the tests that I've read in the past and it ultimately never won one until this MK IV Focus. Yeehah!!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:31 PM   #110
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Got to drive a new ST-Line Hatch today as a service loan car.

Very, very impressive car!
Loved the refinement, dynamics and the new 3 cylinder engine is fantastic.

More here....
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...51#post6265351
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #111
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Is the Indicator Stalk on the Left or Right Hand Side., please? I'm asking because in my circumstance it does matter. T.I.A.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #112
cappie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
Is the Indicator Stalk on the Left or Right Hand Side., please? I'm asking because in my circumstance it does matter. T.I.A.
It's on the.......RIGHT HAND SIDE :-)
Old 06-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #113
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thank you, cappie.

2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #114
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
During Wheels COTY they say it was the best car dynamically out of all of them. It was only price and spec that stopped it progressing to the final.
I’d almost forgotten Wheels magazine even existed, I used to rush to buy each copy as soon as it came out as a kid. Will have to have a read!
Old 10-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #115
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they believe its overpriced for the stuff you get in it. Many car importers seem to like the idea of moving "up market" to get better prices for their cars It does not always work as Holden has shown when you over price and the cars do not sell.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #116
cappie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
I’d almost forgotten Wheels magazine even existed, I used to rush to buy each copy as soon as it came out as a kid. Will have to have a read!
I used to get Wheels and Modern Motor (now called Motor) as a teenager. Ahh, those were the days...
Old 19-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #117
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

So I had reason to drop by my nearest Ford Dealer today and wandered into the Showroom and had my first look at the Mk IV. ST-Line Automatic was there. I liked how the 60/40 Split Fold has the 60 on the left hand side (like the Mk I) and the Rotary Dial for the transmission could well be a nifty feature but was told that to start the car one must have their foot on the brake before starting it. Hmmmnn, not a fan of that feature but could live with it. Likewise I have a preference for the Left Hand Side Indicator Stalk but could live with it being on the opposite side. The car looks pretty well built but I thought the material used on the Steering Wheel is better on my Mk I compared to this Mk IV. Would I buy one, most likely. For the price, it's loaded with features that I like. Hell, even E.S.P. wasn't an option on my LX Spec back in the early 00's.

2 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2019, 03:22 PM   #118
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
So I had reason to drop by my nearest Ford Dealer today and wandered into the Showroom and had my first look at the Mk IV. ST-Line Automatic was there. I liked how the 60/40 Split Fold has the 60 on the left hand side (like the Mk I) and the Rotary Dial for the transmission could well be a nifty feature but was told that to start the car one must have their foot on the brake before starting it. Hmmmnn, not a fan of that feature but could live with it. Likewise I have a preference for the Left Hand Side Indicator Stalk but could live with it being on the opposite side. The car looks pretty well built but I thought the material used on the Steering Wheel is better on my Mk I compared to this Mk IV. Would I buy one, most likely. For the price, it's loaded with features that I like. Hell, even E.S.P. wasn't an option on my LX Spec back in the early 00's.
Starting the car with your foot on the brake is extremely common now. Especially if its keyless start. They all do it.

A clean car brings a clean mind
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #119
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The new Fiesta ST has a similar look as the new Focus. Australia isn’t getting that though right?
Old 19-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #120
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The new Fiesta ST has a similar look as the new Focus. Australia isn’t getting that though right?
Second quarter this year at last look!