View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #32
Apollo66
My toy

Location: South Ozz on the only leg Australia has to stand on
Default Re: XA Fairmont Coupe

Sorry for the delayed response Dave, haven't done a lot at this stage, did a trip over to Geelong & Melbourne back in September and picked up two pairs of XA front guards ( one pair are mint ) a good bonnet and a grill in top condition. Been buying up the brackets etc needed to return the front back to an XA.
Engine wise, I've pulled the 460 down and I'm very happy with the internals, so all it will receive atm is a freshen up put back to standard for engineering. Later it will receive a major overhaul (already have some of the goody's needed to liven it up in the cupboard).
Still trying to work out wot wheels we're going to use, I've already got a pair of M/T slicks for a bit of straight line fun.

Just working out a bit of time off early next year to start on the body. Been flat out at work of late but I'm itchen to get started especially after having a couple of runs down the 1/4 mile at heafcote in the XB. Bought another toy (Honda CBR1100 Blackbird) which has taken up a bit of time but it's almost sorted now, (this thing rockets)

Untill next time
Cheers Kerry
Apollo66 is offline   Reply With Quote