Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-01-2007, 02:40 AM   #1
Rollake70

Default LS Focus stereo + integration

hi all

i have an 06 focus CL, and whilst most audio forums claim that the stock headunit is completely standalone (ie, not integrated with rest of car electronically) i unplugged my stock system today as i plan to install an aftermarket unit..

but driving around tonight i have noticed that when i turn the car on, the dash cluster itself, and all dash lights and interior lights do not come on until about 30 seconds after i have turned the car on..the tacho even stays at 0. all the while, until everything goes back to normal, the red shift arrow and the engine light are both on.

however after 30 seconds, all is normal..

i havent checked to see if goes back to normal once i plug the stereo back in yet, but id like to make sure its not the stereo before i got installing a new one, so that if it is something else, i can get it fixed under warranty.

also, does anyone know if the new car warranty requires me to have my stereo proffesionally installed?

thanks

- Craig

Rollake70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
BlackLS

Mate I drove around like this for over 2 weeks:

Had nothing of the kind has happen to me... When you took out the standard unit it may have pulled on another socket on the wiring loom.

Where are you based?

And not that I know of... So long as your competent with what your doing, although most likely the warranty on the speakers could be void, but blowing them up would be a better thing to do to them..

Could I ask what deck your putting in and what your doing for mounting?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
Rollake70

turned out to be just a couple of blown speakers

the headunit is now installed and dandy, almost looks stock

headunit is an eclipse cd5000 single din, mounted in a stinger fascia kit.

looks and sounds sweet, pics to come soon

next up will a nice set of boston 6.5" splits and sooner or later ill get around to building a box for my alpine type s sub

- craig
Rollake70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #4
Guliver_TwiSt
Yes, laminge changed me

Good work mate.. Did you manage to retain control of the new unit with the audio stalk near the steering wheel, or has anyone else?
Also how **** are the stock speakers, and would just replacing them, give a notable improvement in sound quality?
Guliver_TwiSt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guliver_TwiSt
Good work mate.. Did you manage to retain control of the new unit with the audio stalk near the steering wheel, or has anyone else?
Also how **** are the stock speakers, and would just replacing them, give a notable improvement in sound quality?
as long as you run it through an amp. ALOT more noticable.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post