Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #151
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ford to shut down plants in July, shed jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
way i roll brother.. sunday paper run i rock out in trackys socks n thongs....
Rule 101 in sales, never ever judge a book by its cover.
Some of our wealthiest people walk around in very casual clothes..
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #152
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

It's amazing just how many sales people now expect the fish to jump right in the boat,
what ever happened to engaging people, talking to them and finding out their needs and intentions.

Any person who sets foot on a dealership and shows passing interest in a new vehicle is fair game,
most successful sales people will tell you that eliminating the road blocks to a sale is key,
why can't you buy this car today?
- no income
- no finance
- not the right size, colour, model ect..
- price of vehicle
- price of trade in

It just so happens that salespeople at Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi, ect are more in tune with buyers
than their colleagues at Ford and Holden who think, "there it is mate, you know all about it, take it or leave it?"

I personally have been astounded at some of the attitiudes at Ford dealers,
some of the guys are absolutely brilliant sales men and can sell anything to anyone
but gee on the other side of the ledger, I've also seen a lot of sales people who can't sell,
the kindest thing you could say is thank god they work for commission....
Old 16-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #153
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
It's amazing just how many sales people now expect the fish to jump right in the boat,
what ever happened to engaging people, talking to them and finding out their needs and intentions.

Any person who sets foot on a dealership and shows passing interest in a new vehicle is fair game,
most successful sales people will tell you that eliminating the road blocks to a sale is key,
why can't you buy this car today?
- no income
- no finance
- not the right size, colour, model ect..
- price of vehicle
- price of trade in

It just so happens that salespeople at Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi, ect are more in tune with buyers
than their colleagues at Ford and Holden who think, "there it is mate, you know all about it, take it or leave it?"

I personally have been astounded at some of the attitiudes at Ford dealers,
some of the guys are absolutely brilliant sales men and can sell anything to anyone
but gee on the other side of the ledger, I've also seen a lot of sales people who can't sell,
the kindest thing you could say is thank god they work for commission....
I was discussing this thread and some of the replies i got in regards to the salesman i stunbled across, with my brother.
He laughed and commented that 30% of his sales are from people who arent really in the market for a car but are curious 'tyre kickers'

Infact he said these sales are his cream, anyone can sell to someone with cheque book in hand.
He gets the most satisfaction from creating a new sale that might not have been there, not just filling out the paperwork for someone already sold on the product.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #154
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
I was discussing this thread and some of the replies i got in regards to the salesman i stunbled across, with my brother.
He laughed and commented that 30% of his sales are from people who arent really in the market for a car but are curious 'tyre kickers'

Infact he said these sales are his cream, anyone can sell to someone with cheque book in hand.
He gets the most satisfaction from creating a new sale that might not have been there, not just filling out the paperwork for someone already sold on the product.
Exactly,
Get a connection with the interested party and work on eliminating the reasons why
they can't by that car or another one on the lot today.

When does the salesman's job start?
When the customer says, "No.."

Too many sales people give up too quickly, sometimes you have to risk being annoying
to convince someone that they really can afford to buy that car, they just need a few " pushes".

I love this movie, How to sell a car from the movie SUCKERS

Last edited by jpd80; 16-06-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 16-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #155
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
You need to have another read, the top two lines of the quote are mine, the last line was a reply to it.
I know the Diesel has increased their numbers, i took the quote from the OP in reply to the very post you've quoted.

Scroll up for a look.
I realised that but when I quoted it it included your response. Maybe I clicked on the wrong one. Sorry.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #156
blackwasp

the truth is their service is ****! they didnt want to know me when i took my xr6turbo with warranty problems. toyota treat me like a king, go out of their way to help me with any kind of problem and friendly as well unlike the ****** ford dealers. the cars are good , the dealers suck ****! when ford australia fix this problem they will save themselves.
over and out!
blackwasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #157
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp
the truth is their service is ****! they didnt want to know me when i took my xr6turbo with warranty problems. toyota treat me like a king, go out of their way to help me with any kind of problem and friendly as well unlike the ****** ford dealers. the cars are good , the dealers suck ****! when ford australia fix this problem they will save themselves.
over and out!
And there you have it ladies and gentleman.
For as good as Ford products may be, it's up to the franchisee to make good on the buyer experience
and follow through with quality customer service in the service department by looking after your customers.
Old 16-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #158
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I really can't understand why dealers treat customers like they do, especially the salesmen who's income relies on sales, and the dealerships themselves who want return customers. Its in their best interests to keep customers happy, because it will provide current as well as future revenue for them. **** the customers off and they either won't buy from you, won't get services from you or they will never return to buy from you again, along with others they have told about how shoddy they have been.

Makes you wonder.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #159
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I really can't understand why dealers treat customers like they do, especially the salesmen who's income relies on sales, and the dealerships themselves who want return customers. Its in their best interests to keep customers happy, because it will provide current as well as future revenue for them. **** the customers off and they either won't buy from you, won't get services from you or they will never return to buy from you again, along with others they have told about how shoddy they have been.

Makes you wonder.
It doesn't take much these days for buyers and people getting services to go off the boil,
I think that's where more customer interaction is required, it's hard work dealing with people
and that's why some dealerships fall down, not enough time listening to customers and responding.
Old 17-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #160
anto
Za Dom spremni

I dunno, I've been pretty happy with my ford dealer, they always follow up after services and want to know how it went . I've even had them call me to follow up on some queries I mentioned in passing. Pretty good if not unexpected.
To be fair, I haven't had any warranty issues but nevertheless I couldn't have asked for much more tbh.
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #161
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto
I dunno, I've been pretty happy with my ford dealer, they always follow up after services and want to know how it went . I've even had them call me to follow up on some queries I mentioned in passing. Pretty good if not unexpected.
To be fair, I haven't had any warranty issues but nevertheless I couldn't have asked for much more tbh.
Yeah, thumbs up to Denmac Darra for excellent assistance with a recent service...