Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-01-2015, 03:15 AM   #1
barnz_xr8
Turbo 358W

Default lets hope this is not true

http://horsepowerkings.com/sources-f...0-after-20187/
barnz_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2015, 03:24 AM   #2
CQB-241
Car tragic

Default Re: lets hope this is not true

Might well mean US gets 4 bangers and we get the V8s too 2018 on.

CAFE is hard to dodge as it tightens in the USA. Already why SS (VF) limited to 1500 units per year.
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #3
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

This was always going to happen in the near future. Ford are a company that shouts their disappointing future from the roof tops. They want come come across as innovative, a leader and green whilst slowing pushing enthusiasts away. They love to tell us what we want rather than listen, but then the people like ourselves who are doing the Telling are also a very small minority. The Ford Performance range is looking good at the moment but purely from the heart and at first glance, who would not prefer the New GT with a V8? Wont be long before Ferrari, Aston and Lamborghini all drop the V12 smashing another concrete pillar motoring standard. Smaller boasted engines are the way forward and just as good in terms of performance but going that way is also removing the heart and soul of some cars. Mustang should be powered by a V8.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #4
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

The death of the Ford V8 is not yet official. I'm not going to worry about something that hasn't been confirmed.
Old 16-01-2015, 10:59 AM   #5
Elements

If a journalist quotes an undisclosed source, it HAS to be true!!!

(can be used for any media report, really...)
Elements is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #6
barnz_xr8
Turbo 358W

turns out this article was just un-informed dribble.

ford's v8 program is extremely important, and will always hopefully be here.
barnz_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

pfft they just built the 5.2 Vodoo, worst case they just limit the V8 to GT350 and 500 Mustangs and Raptor based F series. everything else ecoBoost V6 and I4.
Old 19-01-2015, 03:39 AM   #8
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnz_xr8 View Post
Anyone worried enough by this dribble needs too step back and look at the big picture.
I'm not a big v8 guy but I certainly see the love and importance of v8s that people have. I for one think the technological advancements by ford are amazing. Afterall they are leading the way in this regard. Nothing can prevent the coming reality that v8s won't be needed or wanted in anything other then particular models. And then that itself will soften the blow for what comes next....whatever that will be. Electric, hydrogen or whatever.......with the optional v8 for the diehards lol
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2015, 04:07 AM   #9
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fords reply:
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/for...p-v8-from.html

Quote:
Quote:
A Ford official vehemently denied a report proclaiming the death of the V8 engine in the Mustang and F-150 models after 2017.

The article from Horsepower Kings quoted an unnamed Ford representative as stating the following:

"Ford is definitely phasing out the V8 motor altogether. CAFE and EPA are working very hard discreetly to make sure of that. There is quite a bit going on at Ford that the public is in the dark about. The impression that I am getting is that Ford wants to continue it’s V8 program, but things have (rather recently) taken a new direction, presumably from CAFE/EPA pressure in mid to late 2013."

We spoke to Ford Global Powertrain Technology Communications Manager, Paul Seredynski, who told us that there's "No basis of truth in that report".

We also asked him a few more questions about Ford's engine plans and choices:

CS: Is there a future for Ford's V8s in today's Eco-minded world, and if so, what does it look like?

PS: The V-8 still plays an important role in our product lineup, having just launched the new 5.0-liter V-8 in the 2015 Mustang, and we’ve also announced another upcoming new V-8 – the flat-plane 5.2-liter – in the GT350 and GT350R.

CS: Will we see a production EcoBoost V8?

PS: We do not discuss future product

CS: Why did you go with an EcoBoost V6 on the new GT and the Raptor?

PS: The compact nature (along with its exceptional power density) of the EcoBoost V-6 in the all new Ford GT was a key factor that allowed the exceptionally narrow rear canopy, a key design and aerodynamic element of the car. The EcoBoost engine in the all-new Raptor will produce more power and torque than the 6.2-liter V-8 it replaces with improved efficiency.

* CS= CarScoops , PS= Paul Seredynski
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #10
timeout

Thumbs down Re: lets hope this is not true

Well don't be surprised beyond 2017 if plans change...... the old saying its not true until its offically denied.

i doubt we will ever see an ecoboost v8 tt.

ford have been telling us for ages the falcon is going in subtle ways however the one eyed creatures of the deep did not see it.

this is no different.
timeout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2015, 08:29 AM   #11
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Trying to get to that website in the OP, I get this message from my Firewall "Mal/HTMLGen-A has been found on this website".

Thanks guys.
Old 19-01-2015, 08:34 AM   #12
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic View Post
The death of the Ford V8 is not yet official. I'm not going to worry about something that hasn't been confirmed.
Same could be said of "Ford leaving Australia"...... four years before the announcement.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2015, 11:03 AM   #13
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB# View Post
Same could be said of "Ford leaving Australia"...... four years before the announcement.
If you must have a V8, buy one now. Or I suppose you could wait until production ceases and then complain that they're not available.
Old 20-01-2015, 06:23 PM   #14
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if the v8 gets canned I can see the villagers with they're pitch forks and torches at the gates of car company's the yanks love the v8 too much to let it go that easy
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2015, 04:34 AM   #15
XBGTFGGTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boza View Post
if the v8 gets canned I can see the villagers with they're pitch forks and torches at the gates of car company's the yanks love the v8 too much to let it go that easy
That's changing. Look at F150 sales, 60% Eco-boost 40% V8 and those that react now will be better off in the long run. Unfortunately it's a changing world.

XA GT Manual
XBGT Manual
XC GXL
1982 XE S-Pac V8
2011 F6 Velvet
2011 GT Manual Black/Gold
2020 GT500KR
FG-X Sprint
F150 Shelby
XBGTFGGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2015, 01:49 PM   #16
GTP-814
love the quad cams

With limited time on earth, I'll be buying V8's for as long as i live
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #17
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

I don't think the V8 is dead. The obvious solution is make them smaller, but that would likely mean an all new architecture again. They won't get by in all their larger class trucks with just Ecoboost V6's and they're moving away from diesels too.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #18
The FOMOCO

Ford are out to make money just like any car manufacturer is if there V8 is selling there in the showrooms and are for sale new. They won't discontinue a good selling V8 line of cars while there is a strong demand for them