Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-10-2016, 12:16 PM   #31
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Edge specs and pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
NX74205..I was refering to the choice of engines..Australia only gets one. The Titanium should get the V6 or the 2.7 Ecoboost to make it different to the base models...
something fishy with that article, it listed various edge models even the sport..
but stated they all get the same diesel engine.
Titanium & especially sport, should get the 2.7 Ecoboost
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2016, 03:02 PM   #32
Blue_XR

All Ford have done is confirm the Edge, well more specifically that car will be coming to Australia and naming rights probably up in the air. That's how I have read it based on the below quote from the article.

Quote:
Ford Australia product communications manager, Damion Smy couldn’t confirm whether the information was correct, or even whether the Edge would get a local ride and handling tune.

“All that we have confirmed is that it’s coming in 2018. All the talk on engines, seating configuration et al is speculation,” Smy said.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #33
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just wow.

So if Jeep could land the Grand Cherokee (US built) at 45K some years ago, and the Terry is 35-50 running out, and for 75K you can get a Jag F-Pace, BMW X3 (heirs to the Territory handling throne)...

Time to become a badge snob, at those prices. Or one last Territory (which may be their intention in the leaked prices - clear current Territory stock).

If we're not being badge loyal either, Mazda CX5, just like in the medium FWD sedan sector where 6 creams Mondeo, CX5 will have the volume.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #34
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
NX74205..I was refering to the choice of engines..Australia only gets one. The Titanium should get the V6 or the 2.7 Ecoboost to make it different to the base models...
On that point, I agree - diesel only would be a deal breaker for me too. But I'm not convinced that the V6 would be strictly necessary. The 2.0 Ecoboost is an amazing engine, and for the "Sport" model, the 2.3 Ecoboost from the Focus RS would be brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
If we're not being badge loyal either, Mazda CX5, just like in the medium FWD sedan sector where 6 creams Mondeo, CX5 will have the volume.
It does not. The only place where Mazda "creams" Ford is on the sales charts. Kuga and Mondeo are better than their respective Mazda offerings.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2016, 08:21 PM   #35
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
and for the "Sport" model, the 2.3 Ecoboost from the Focus RS would be brilliant.
I don't think people realise how highly strung that motor is in the RS. Ford ran into a mountain of problems getting the required power out of it.

It will never go into a mass produced model.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2016, 03:52 AM   #36
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just wow.

So if Jeep could land the Grand Cherokee (US built) at 45K some years ago, and the Terry is 35-50 running out, and for 75K you can get a Jag F-Pace, BMW X3 (heirs to the Territory handling throne)...

Time to become a badge snob, at those prices. Or one last Territory (which may be their intention in the leaked prices - clear current Territory stock).

Some years ago, the Aussie dollar was stronger. Early last year I bought a new GC and I know a Jeep dealer principal, best I could get from him drive away for a petrol Laredo 4wd was $50k, all other dealers where $52k.

Toyota Kluger is also made in the USA, it's rrp is $46K for a petrol awd with the range topper at $68k (still petrol) and this is the target market segment for the Edge so given the Edge is a diesel, it's in the ballpark.

Last edited by Kieron; 13-10-2016 at 04:03 AM.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #37
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is it taking until 2018? Was the plant closing last week a surprise to them?
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #38
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
On that point, I agree - diesel only would be a deal breaker for me too. But I'm not convinced that the V6 would be strictly necessary. The 2.0 Ecoboost is an amazing engine, and for the "Sport" model, the 2.3 Ecoboost from the Focus RS would be brilliant.
Why re-invent the wheel if they already have the edge with the 2.7 V6 ecoboost that has more torque than the RS
If it got the 2.3 it would be a mustang spec, less powerful.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2016, 12:57 PM   #39
AussieCJ7

Quote:
Just wow.

If you think you can buy the Jag F pace for 75 go and get it, it is 90K before you blink and 125K for the ones with the supercharged v6 and decent kit spec
AussieCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2016, 02:07 PM   #40
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the Edge, but I think I would prefer the Everest. Just offer the 2.7 EcoBoost as an option in the Everest.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #41
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't see too many of the Titanium model selling.
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #42
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

"Trend" is Fords new mid-spec model so that would align with the current Territory TS.

A SZ MK II Territory TS AWD TDCi has a recommended drive away price listed at about $55,000 in VIC so a Trend at $49,990 seems to be about right.

(I know people don't pay RRP on a Territory but the same will apply to the Edge.)
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post