Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-02-2018, 02:27 PM   #31
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Roach in car?

Why are people scared of cockroaches?Iv,e never heard of anyone actually been hurt by one!Do they even bite or they more scared of people rather than the opposite
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #32
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Ill point out a roach in Dunedin NZ is nowhere near the size that you find in the warmer parts of Australia.
And the further up north you go.....

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #33
Boosturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
I feel like I need to ask a truly important question -> Did the roach crawl up the outside or the INSIDE of your pant leg?
The inside. I didnt see it approach my leg either so the mind gets imaginative when theres a multi legged insect crawling over you

Twin Bush Diff Hat w/ Wavetrac LSD, Shockworks Coilovers, Jonny Tig 1800HP Cooler, Single Piece Carbon Fibre Tailshaft, Malwood Opt 3+, 4" X-Force Exhaust, KPM 1000HP Fuel System, Procharge 58mm Billet Wheeled Turbo
Boosturd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #34
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosturd View Post
The inside. I didnt see it approach my leg either so the mind gets imaginative when theres a multi legged insect crawling over you

I'm glad I have insurance because I think I would completely lose my **** if i felt something crawling inside my clothes. Good luck to everyone else on the road
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-02-2018, 09:00 PM   #35
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

+1 for the fabric softner trick...a trucky told me that years ago, have it in all the cabs...anything else smells like a urinal or fogs up the windows.

Coffee is everywhere but in their mouths it seems yet no-one ever spills it...

The creepy crawlies also live on human bits such as hair, dead skin, fingernails and other bodily fluids which are common in shared cars.
Jastel is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #36
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Everytime I see the title of this thread, my mind goes here...

Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #37
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Started spraying the door jams, up under the dash, and under the seats when one of the neighbours made the local paper showing off the 55cm huntsman he caught whilst cutting wood.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #38
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Everytime I see the title of this thread, my mind goes here...

I was thinking of that real dead roach Cheech just packed into that cone and smoked

A Dooby becomes a roach near the end of it's life.

I would not worry about a roach in a car or a spider too much at all, I get spiders on me riding out bush when leading the pack, had them go at the back of my neck at times and I just punch at them as I ride, bitten a few times at the back of the neck but I never pulled up to stop, just keep riding is best to shake them off. but in some years their are heaps of spiders at times that you just get used to such, I grab them and toss them to the side if I can, had them on my goggles once I had to stop as yellow gunk had to be wiped off and I just grab them directly. I don't like them at all but the snakes like Taipan they get the heart rate going, they just mainly rear up and watch you go by but that side leg goes up quickly and the red belly blacks are not so bad because they try to get out of your way but especially like 2 months ago riding real slow through swampy 3ft long grassy type crap trying to find where the track was, then I stoped in the muddy water as 1ft in front was a red belly black, I just rev the bike to hope it took off and it just slid away under all the crap, I waited for a bit and then I took off and it was that slippery as well as some timber boards are in their somewhere that I could of slipped over easy as well and end up landing on the bastard.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2018, 01:03 PM   #39
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
I was thinking of that real dead roach Cheech just packed into that cone and smoked

I would not worry about a roach in a car or a spider too much at all, I get spiders on me riding out bush when leading the pack, had them go at the back of my neck at times and I just punch at them as I ride, bitten a few times at the back of the neck but I never pulled up to stop, just keep riding is best to shake them off. but in some years their are heaps of spiders at times that you just get used to such, I grab them and toss them to the side if I can, had them on my goggles once I had to stop as yellow gunk had to be wiped off and I just grab them directly. I don't like them at all but the snakes like Taipan they get the heart rate going, they just mainly rear up and watch you go by but that side leg goes up quickly and the red belly blacks are not so bad because they try to get out of your way but especially like 2 months ago riding real slow through swampy 3ft long grassy type crap trying to find where the track was, then I stoped in the muddy water as 1ft in front was a red belly black, I just rev the bike to hope it took off and it just slid away under all the crap, I waited for a bit and then I took off and it was that slippery as well as some timber boards are in their somewhere that I could of slipped over easy as well and end up landing on the bastard.
One of the reasons I like to let someone else take the lead while MTBiking in March-April when all the biiiig spiders like making their webs across the trails.
Been riding all summer and haven't seen one brown or black snake yet.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2018, 12:29 AM   #40
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought a second hand car about 6 months ago and it was infected with ants, ended up cleaning it inside and out, surface sprayed the interior and put 'ant sand' poison under the seats.

Seems to have fixed the issue.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2018, 08:53 AM   #41
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is weird . All the years I've had cars ,other than evidence of a mouse in the glovebox in the shed a long time back I've never had unwanted guests in my cars ...until recently. Now in both my Falcons I'll see the occaasional few **** ants in the cars that i hit with a bit of insecticide spray.
Get the buggers on the sink inside too sometimes. ****ants will take over the world one day , mark my words.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2018, 09:30 AM   #42
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is true story...

driving in Adelaide recently busy morning traffic, coming up to traffic lights I am in middle lane with right turning people on my drivers side.
my windows are open and enjoying the day, right turn lane has been moving but just come to a stop which means we start off, just as we start moving I flick my sun visor down and there is a saucer size huntsman spider on inside of visor, without thinking I gave him/her/it a mighty swipe out the window,
unfortunately the car beside me also had their passenger window open and spider finished sitting (I believe) on someones lap because as I was driving away the screams were amazing, never knew anyone could make so much noise.
Old 25-02-2018, 11:16 PM   #43
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
this is true story...

driving in Adelaide recently busy morning traffic, coming up to traffic lights I am in middle lane with right turning people on my drivers side.
my windows are open and enjoying the day, right turn lane has been moving but just come to a stop which means we start off, just as we start moving I flick my sun visor down and there is a saucer size huntsman spider on inside of visor, without thinking I gave him/her/it a mighty swipe out the window,
unfortunately the car beside me also had their passenger window open and spider finished sitting (I believe) on someones lap because as I was driving away the screams were amazing, never knew anyone could make so much noise.

Post of the year, I can actually visualise this happening

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2018, 11:30 PM   #44
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reminded me of a road rage I witnessed many years ago - probably 1993/94.
A couple of (what we now call) bogans in a HQ travelling along Milperra rd where 3 lanes go to 2 - near the Bunnings/Airport area.

Guy in a bubble-back Laser tried to push his way in, not going 1-for-1 at the merge. The HQ let him in, then a few sets of lights later, they're beside each other again. Passenger in the HQ starts yelling at the Laser driver. He's yelling back, next thing the driver in the HQ is doing something - all I saw was what looked like a bunch of rolled up paper, on fire, being tossed into the Laser's open window. Lights went green, HQ drove off, while the Laser driver is out of his car dancing around & patting his groin...

I've since seen it with coffee from a passenger in an X-trail into a 300C, a maccas drink from a sparky van into a young P-plate girl's lap, and the most hilarous, where 2 "bros" in parachute tracksuits who would park outside my brother-in-law's work every arvo, waiting for their mate, smoking, and flicking the butts out onto their driveway. BIL picked a (still burning) one up one day, said "you dropped this" and promptly chucked it in on his lap. That thin nylon opens up a big hole real fast!
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post