Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2018, 09:55 PM   #1
GT 276
KarlFromWa

Default Ford ranger opal audio entertainment unit

I have a 2013 ford ranger with an aftermarket OPAL 8” touchscreen audio unit in it.

Today I replaced the battery in the car and I have no audio at all, I’ve read that
When you change the battery you need to put a code in to reset the factory stereo

Does anyone have any idea how I can get the screen on to enter a code? The screen won’t even turn on for me to enter a code.. I’ve checked all the fuses

Thanks

WORK UTE: 2001 Au2 Xr8 ute.. Vortech supercharger @ 12 psi.. Rip shift.. 19" Speedy Cheetahs.. 450rwhp

FUN: 2013 FG GT Mk2 No: 1317 White.. 6 Speed Manual.. Leather.. street fighter kit .. Full custom stainless steel.. 680rwhp
GT 276 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Ford ranger opal audio entertainment unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 276 View Post
I have a 2013 ford ranger with an aftermarket OPAL 8” touchscreen audio unit in it.

Today I replaced the battery in the car and I have no audio at all, I’ve read that
When you change the battery you need to put a code in to reset the factory stereo

Does anyone have any idea how I can get the screen on to enter a code? The screen won’t even turn on for me to enter a code.. I’ve checked all the fuses

Thanks
Is there anything in the OPAL owners manual ?

Pity your Daily is a K200..............how's your back
Old 04-03-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 276 View Post

Thanks
Ranger original radio does not need a reset code, I would say you have an aftermarket radio associated with your opal touch screen, you have to contact the opal manufacturer or distributor for more info.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2018, 10:19 PM   #4
GT 276
KarlFromWa

Yeah the whole radio system has been swapped out for a OPAL aftermarket unit replaced
the factory unit.

When I went to start the car it did have a padlock on the
cash, I just unlocked the car and it went away, but nothing in the stereo area

WORK UTE: 2001 Au2 Xr8 ute.. Vortech supercharger @ 12 psi.. Rip shift.. 19" Speedy Cheetahs.. 450rwhp

FUN: 2013 FG GT Mk2 No: 1317 White.. 6 Speed Manual.. Leather.. street fighter kit .. Full custom stainless steel.. 680rwhp
Old 04-03-2018, 10:20 PM   #5
GT 276
KarlFromWa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Is there anything in the OPAL owners manual ?

Pity your Daily is a K200..............how's your back

Hhahhaha .... I actually like it hey, come out of a 104 so it’s luxury
compared to that

This user likes this post: