Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-03-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

The 12 apostles are now 11 since one fell down a few years ago.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #2
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
The 12 apostles are now 11 since one fell down a few years ago.
I was planning on driving up and also doing the Otways Tree Top Walk.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #3
prydey
Rob

Just spent Easter at Mambray Ck campground in the Mt Remarkable NP in the Southern Flinders in SA. Our 3rd trip to this campground since Oct '17. Obviously we like it!

Here's a few pics from the weekend...

For those playing at home, this is site 33. Well shaded.

One of the resident Lace monitors

View from the Sugargum lookout. The sign at the start said 8km hike return, nice and shady with a small more strenuous bit at the end. Well, the last 700m was like a wall. I've ridden roads with a gradient above 20% and this would have been easily that in sections. The 10yr old needed a LOT of encouragement, but we got there in the end and the view was pretty good.

Sunday I did the longest hike from the campground, with my eldest daughter. 18km return apparently, but my device put it at just shy of 21km. It was a hike in to Hidden Gorge. The loop takes you up and across the ridge top, before dropping down in to the Gorge and then flat back to the campground. It's not for the feint hearted. Some pics..
Looking out to Spencer Gulf

Some of hidden gorge

And, leaving..

Another great weekend. It gets busy at these times there with lots of families with young kids, so you have to sort of block that out, but we pretty much keep to ourselves. We love getting out in to the bush and the families generally stick to the campground, so once out on a walk, its nice and peaceful.

Weather forecast ramped up the week before leaving, so to play it safe, we bought yet another fan, to go with the two I already bought for the bed ends. Didn't really cool anything down, but did provide some airflow, day and night. My battery dropped down to 12.4 on the sun morning from running the fans continuous. The solar panel had replenished the battery by mid morning Fri and Sat, but sunday was all cloudy and rain showers, so the panel didn't really do much, but did cover what we used during that day (basically lights and water pump, no fans required). Monday it was back full before we left. According to google, 12.4v is roughly 40-50% used, which the 'experts' reckon is about as far as you should take a AGM battery, but I think it depends how often you cycle them to these levels. Once every now and then shouldn't hurt. I have a good Victron multi stage charger so i'll give it a boost with that now that i'm home.