Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #241
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
 
FTE217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,737
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest View Post
For the most part I think that is true but some people (me) really like driving.

Our road trips are 8-10K kms and if I had more time I'd do more.

Absolutely zero interest in towing a van or trailer
but I'll take all the driving I can get
me too re holidays, feck towing feck camping - all that baggage for me isn't holidaying but prep up prep down clean clean clean, communal toilets/showers in some case's, yuk.
And IF it rains - blow me that ain't holidaying especially when the kids were small.
In saying that I love driving hols anywhere and love the outdoors but were cabin type people if at a caravan park otherwise its a nice rental house on the coast.
It makes me giggle the pecking order on some of the "look at me" camper/trailer types, I have the biggest of everything.
Just like city pretentious folks but outdoors on hols.
We love flying holidays as well - only OS for flying Oz with family is a utter rip off........
Good thread Franco, for some grey nomads from my observations over the years think they're entitled as well, go figure.
__________________
Hello.
Sprint8 manual Sept 24
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #242
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 505
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

When my body and brain decided that I had worked for long enough, and it was time for the obligatory grey nomad caravan, missus and I went to the largest nearby caravan dealer.
She told the sales guy what she wanted, I told him what I wanted, and he took us to a van that filled the bill, very nice, about $55K thank you, and he asked what we were going to tow it with.
I pointed to my RWD Terri, and was promptly told that it would not do it. He then gave me a list of ‘must have’ accessories, (more money) and their weights, along with the anticipated personal gear weights. I had no idea.
Cost of a new 4WD ute + cost of van – trade-in of Terri = about $100 > $120K.
Well, that is a lot of nights in motels and resorts. No thank you to a vehicle that I would not enjoy, and an expensive front garden ornament.
I bought a cheapish, ‘disposable’ second hand Commodore ute (that has turned into a bit of a favourite ) so, with it, bus trips, air fares etc, we have spent about that amount of money in the past 10 years seeing a lot of outback and other places, to the point of now we are scratching to think of where else to go.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2019, 04:45 PM   #243
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura
 
guzzis3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 222
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

I have a canopy/camper on my au falcon. I'm intending to build a new one before we go away again. Flying and holidays can make sense but they don't always work. Everyone has a different idea of what works for them so...

We went to NZ in 09 and spent a lot of the trip finding accommodation that wold not make her sick. We had not had the problem before but apparently she is suddenly allergic to certain chemicals.

So in order to travel I decided I needed a safe bed for her at least. I can't sleep over 20C so air conditioning was also required.

I bought a teardrop camper. I spent much of the first few trips repairing the (brand new) thing. The biggest problem with them is you bring dirt in every time you enter, so the sheets have to be swept out regularly. I also hated towing it.

The canopy set up decided to leak on our first trip, and of course has the dirt problem, but no towing bother, no extra charge going to tassie on the ferry (terrible idea, possibly the worst holiday experience I've ever had). The new pod will have an integral floor and more space for appliances. I'm hoping to fit a combo washer and dishdrawer to go with the fridge and air con. That should sort if for us. Water tight bed area, appliances, kitchen in the under tray drawer.

We try for ensuite sites. Massively better than shared amenities. There is another reason to go caravan park over hotel. They are like little communities. People talk to each other, and you can pick up clues along with a chuckle and a cuppa.

2c.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2019, 07:07 AM   #244
roKWiz
Cabover nut
 
roKWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Onsite Eastcoast
Posts: 2,011
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
me too re holidays, feck towing feck camping - all that baggage for me isn't holidaying but prep up prep down clean clean clean, communal toilets/showers in some case's, yuk.
And IF it rains - blow me that ain't holidaying especially when the kids were small.
In saying that I love driving hols anywhere and love the outdoors but were cabin type people if at a caravan park otherwise its a nice rental house on the coast.
It makes me giggle the pecking order on some of the "look at me" camper/trailer types, I have the biggest of everything.
Just like city pretentious folks but outdoors on hols.
We love flying holidays as well - only OS for flying Oz with family is a utter rip off........
Good thread Franco, for some grey nomads from my observations over the years think they're entitled as well, go figure.
Geeze you wouldn't last long on the road full time.
__________________
heritagestonemason.com/Fordlouisvillerestoration
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come...... D. Diderot 1752

VT903 Cummins K125 Kenworth | 6V53 Detroit Ford LN8000 Louisville
4 X 0409 Ford traders | Nanni diesel 30ft Hartley silver Image yacht
and the mighty 4.1 XF Ford Pano
roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2019, 10:42 AM   #245
Burnout
Falcon RTV
Donating Member3
 
Burnout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In Da Bush, QLD
Posts: 18,158
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Here's another bloke whinging:

__________________
BAII RTV - with Raptor V S/C.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker Ė again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called ďSeagullĒ and how that came about.
ďActually it was just call ďGullĒ, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everythingĒ.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #246
Franco Cozzo
Misanthropist
Donating Member3
 
Franco Cozzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentry Victoria
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
I have a canopy/camper on my au falcon. I'm intending to build a new one before we go away again. Flying and holidays can make sense but they don't always work. Everyone has a different idea of what works for them so...

We went to NZ in 09 and spent a lot of the trip finding accommodation that wold not make her sick. We had not had the problem before but apparently she is suddenly allergic to certain chemicals.

So in order to travel I decided I needed a safe bed for her at least. I can't sleep over 20C so air conditioning was also required.

I bought a teardrop camper. I spent much of the first few trips repairing the (brand new) thing. The biggest problem with them is you bring dirt in every time you enter, so the sheets have to be swept out regularly. I also hated towing it.

The canopy set up decided to leak on our first trip, and of course has the dirt problem, but no towing bother, no extra charge going to tassie on the ferry (terrible idea, possibly the worst holiday experience I've ever had). The new pod will have an integral floor and more space for appliances. I'm hoping to fit a combo washer and dishdrawer to go with the fridge and air con. That should sort if for us. Water tight bed area, appliances, kitchen in the under tray drawer.

We try for ensuite sites. Massively better than shared amenities. There is another reason to go caravan park over hotel. They are like little communities. People talk to each other, and you can pick up clues along with a chuckle and a cuppa.

2c.
The build quality of caravans is a joke, once you've had to fix heaps of them you'll realise they're not worth a pinch of goat ****.

The caravan manufacturing industry was pushing for a 2 year 'apprenticeship' in caravan manufacturing a few years ago, what an absolute joke, how about you build them properly first before you start wanting to make it a trade
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2019, 12:36 PM   #247
Officemanager
Experienced Member
 
Officemanager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 4,756
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The build quality of caravans is a joke, once you've had to fix heaps of them you'll realise they're not worth a pinch of goat ****.

The caravan manufacturing industry was pushing for a 2 year 'apprenticeship' in caravan manufacturing a few years ago, what an absolute joke, how about you build them properly first before you start wanting to make it a trade

Have to agree but what is your qualifications to pass judgement!
Officemanager is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2019, 01:17 PM   #248
roKWiz
Cabover nut
 
roKWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Onsite Eastcoast
Posts: 2,011
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Have to agree but what is your qualifications to pass judgement!
I have to agree with Franco.
I've built 3 motorhomes myself playing the ADR game and often see Minnie Winnies, Jayco's etc which do not meet ADR compliance.

Left hand side shore power inlets, hinged backward doors on MH's, leaking rubber roofs, inward open doors etc etc etc. I've seen heaps of manufactured crap. Apart from the usual cheap fit out materials which are stapled together not glued and screwed like most home builder would do anyway.
One reason I build my own.
__________________
heritagestonemason.com/Fordlouisvillerestoration
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come...... D. Diderot 1752

VT903 Cummins K125 Kenworth | 6V53 Detroit Ford LN8000 Louisville
4 X 0409 Ford traders | Nanni diesel 30ft Hartley silver Image yacht
and the mighty 4.1 XF Ford Pano
roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #249
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sunshine Coast Qld
Posts: 12,459
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-...sland/11478538
__________________
Visitors welcome
Relatives by appointment only
buggerlugs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2019, 02:52 PM   #250
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
XR Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canberra Region
Posts: 7,347
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

https://m.facebook.com/logged_out/wa...Fposts%2F&_rdr
__________________
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #251
Franco Cozzo
Misanthropist
Donating Member3
 
Franco Cozzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentry Victoria
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Have to agree but what is your qualifications to pass judgement!
Auto electrician - hence why I dislike caravans, built with scotch locks
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #252
Franco Cozzo
Misanthropist
Donating Member3
 
Franco Cozzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentry Victoria
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I have to agree with Franco.
I've built 3 motorhomes myself playing the ADR game and often see Minnie Winnies, Jayco's etc which do not meet ADR compliance.

Left hand side shore power inlets, hinged backward doors on MH's, leaking rubber roofs, inward open doors etc etc etc. I've seen heaps of manufactured crap. Apart from the usual cheap fit out materials which are stapled together not glued and screwed like most home builder would do anyway.
One reason I build my own.
It'd be good fun making your own van I reckon, the closest I've come was fitting out the electrics on an ex horse transport trailer for Victoria Police, we turned it into a mobile 'interrogation room' - it was semi trailer sized horse transport and we turned it into an office with all the fruit.

If I was gonna have a van, semi trailer size I reckon

Or maybe Snap-on Truck, I was eyeing off our local Snap-on reps truck - has Cummins 5KVA generator, internal lighting and refrigeration AC.

Load it full of batteries and the roof covered in solar panels and you could virtually have an apartment on wheels and take everything including the kitchen sink with you.

Maybe forget shower and crapper - sign up for national gym membership and use their showers and crapper
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #253
CitroŽnbender
DIY tragic
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sydney, more than not. I hate it.
Posts: 2,749
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Youíve mentioned the Snappy trucks before. Go on, you know you want to do it!
CitroŽnbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2019, 10:44 PM   #254
hayseed
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 305
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The build quality of caravans is a joke, once you've had to fix heaps of them you'll realise they're not worth a pinch of goat ****.
Couldn't agree more...

Go to a few salvage Auctions & have a look at the Written Off Ones.. Full of Glue Scotch locks & double sided tape....
__________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...........don't mind...
And those that mind............don't matter." -
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2019, 05:44 PM   #255
dunga
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 312
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Auto electrician - hence why I dislike caravans, built with scotch locks
Can you show us a picture of what you class as a scotch lock.
dunga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #256
Franco Cozzo
Misanthropist
Donating Member3
 
Franco Cozzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentry Victoria
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunga View Post
Can you show us a picture of what you class as a scotch lock.
Anything you put wires in and a contact breaks through the insulation to create a circuit - you see them on trailers and caravans rather than proper connectors and terminals.

The most common one is a plastic housing with a blade in it that you crimp with pliers - they last about all of 2 weeks with the heat and vibration of cars, trailers and caravans
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2019, 05:57 PM   #257
GasoLane
Moderator
Donating Member2
 
GasoLane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunny Downtown Wagga Wagga. NSW.
Posts: 34,898
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunga View Post
Can you show us a picture of what you class as a scotch lock.
https://www.google.com.au/search?cli...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
__________________
Dying at your job is natures way of saying that you're in the wrong line of work.
GasoLane is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2019, 05:58 PM   #258
dunga
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 312
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Anything you put wires in and a contact breaks through the insulation to create a circuit - you see them on trailers and caravans rather than proper connectors and terminals.
Ah yes I know the ones you mean I hope my 3 year old Jayco doesn't have them they are nasty but having said that we are all guilty of using them.
dunga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2019, 07:05 PM   #259
Officemanager
Experienced Member
 
Officemanager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 4,756
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Auto electrician - hence why I dislike caravans, built with scotch locks

That is the problem with you auto sparkies taking short cuts and not doing a proper job!
Officemanager is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2019, 07:42 PM   #260
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!
 
Interceptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: middle of nowhere
Posts: 2,768
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Auto electrician - hence why I dislike caravans, built with scotch locks
Pfft...... you should love scotch locks..... they keep proper auto electricians in work!
__________________
I dont care if some prius driving eco-hippy thinks its politically incorrect for me to drive a V8..... I'm paying for the fuel!
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2019, 09:23 PM   #261
Franco Cozzo
Misanthropist
Donating Member3
 
Franco Cozzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kentry Victoria
Posts: 36,384
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
That is the problem with you auto sparkies taking short cuts and not doing a proper job!
They're not built by auto electricians unfortunately

The industry is shocking and it needs further standards and regulation, they're very cheaply slapped together and I wouldn't trust them pushing for some 2 year apprenticeship pushing out tradesmen.

The idea has merit because the apprenticeship will expose people to so many different skills in the automotive industry but it should be 4 years like every other apprenticeship and the industry needs to pull up it's socks before it turns into a scam collecting government spondoolies.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2019, 11:15 PM   #262
Officemanager
Experienced Member
 
Officemanager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 4,756
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
They're not built by auto electricians unfortunately

The industry is shocking and it needs further standards and regulation, they're very cheaply slapped together and I wouldn't trust them pushing for some 2 year apprenticeship pushing out tradesmen.

The idea has merit because the apprenticeship will expose people to so many different skills in the automotive industry but it should be 4 years like every other apprenticeship and the industry needs to pull up it's socks before it turns into a scam collecting government spondoolies.

You not wrong, caravan industry needs to be regulated going by what I've seen. I reckon trained chimpanzees would do better!
Cheers.
Officemanager is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #263
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter
Donating Member1
 
vztrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Northern Suburbs Melbourne
Posts: 17,713
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Alot of the aftermarket electrical stuff is ordinary.
But it's cheap.
__________________
Daniel
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #264
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
 
FTE217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,737
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Geeze you wouldn't last long on the road full time.
Wouldn't want a full time driving job so no problem
__________________
Hello.
Sprint8 manual Sept 24
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #265
roKWiz
Cabover nut
 
roKWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Onsite Eastcoast
Posts: 2,011
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Wouldn't want a full time driving job so no problem
Err, full time living on the road, sorta like a grey nomad
__________________
heritagestonemason.com/Fordlouisvillerestoration
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come...... D. Diderot 1752

VT903 Cummins K125 Kenworth | 6V53 Detroit Ford LN8000 Louisville
4 X 0409 Ford traders | Nanni diesel 30ft Hartley silver Image yacht
and the mighty 4.1 XF Ford Pano
roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #266
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
 
FTE217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,737
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Err, full time living on the road, sorta like a grey nomad
yep nup, not for me as well.
Horse's for course's as we all know.
__________________
Hello.
Sprint8 manual Sept 24
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #267
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
asagaai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 1,484
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Err, full time living on the road, sorta like a grey nomad
Yeah- but at least you get out and are physical, pretty strenuous building rock walls. Healthy getting out stretching, building works of art. Just a bonus being in different locations and driving job to job- but then getting out and physically working in fresh air.

I realised I could not be a long distance truck driver when I drove Melbourne to Darwin over 3 days. Bloody hard being cooped up for days on end in a little cabin.
__________________
Ford Rides:
Cortina GT 1600 manual, DCOE webbers, cam, headwork, high compression, extractors-loud spitty carbie fun

Ford TE 4.1 litre manual, alloy head, valves, waggot cam, holley, extractors, tyre spinning fun that handled like a drunken slug on amphetamines

Ford Festiva 1.3 - married-still alive???

Now

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98 whoohoo
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-09-2019, 06:58 AM   #268
Trevor 57
F.F.S.
 
Trevor 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,185
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

All those who stay in cabins, morels etc, please continue to do so. It leaves the good places for us.

We are bush campers, and while you cabin/motel dwellers think it is wonderful you are missing the best parts of Australia.

And tell me how can staying in motel/cabin compare with sitting around a fire with your kids, their partners and the grandkids?

PLEASE keep staying in your motels and cabins
__________________
I reserve the right to arm bears
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2019, 07:02 AM   #269
CitroŽnbender
DIY tragic
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sydney, more than not. I hate it.
Posts: 2,749
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

The whole idea of ďholidayingĒ doesnít really gel with me.

So - the idea of just sitting around a campfire? After ten minutes (max) Iíd feel it was dead time and I should either be sleeping or doing something useful!
CitroŽnbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2019, 07:08 AM   #270
XByoot
Moderator
Donating Member3
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,927
Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

https://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...ce=sh%2Fx%2Fim
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL