Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Purely hypothetical......

Been thinking abou an idea lately, and before i go and do any further research on it, im interested in what you guys think.

Ive been offered use of a storage garage (like the ones where you rent them out etc) which can hold 2 cars. I'm thinking about getting a wrecked LR Focus and putting it in there, using it for some parts i want, learning a bit about the cars in the process, and then selling the rest to a wreckers etc.

Now wrecked LR's are hard as to come by already, and if i go ahead with it im going to want either a Zetec (hard to find), or ideally an ST170 (practically impossible).

I already know a bit about what i'll have to do to get the wreck, and ive searched the usual sites like Pickles etc, but im wondering if there is anywhere else you guys know of where you would find something like this? I was even considering approaching a local wrecker and organising something whereby i can get the car, take the parts i want, then they can have the rest.

What Im keen on is basically the full interior, power windows and possibly the cluster. Other than that, im not really fussed on what gets taken, i just want these bits to fit to my car ( power windows), and also have retrimmed depending on the condition of the seats. If they're no good ill take mine out, get them retrimmed and use the donor seats to drive round on in the meantime.

Is there anybody on here who would be interested in going into this with me? Im not actually fussed on where the car is, as long as i get the bits i want. im in NSW close to the vic border.

Old 24-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
amlohac

if you find the seats from at st170 tell me cos i want a set too. Im in albury where are you?
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Im in Wagga. If i get ST seats theyre going in my car before anyone elses :P
Old 26-04-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
amlohac

oh without a doubt, what i will want is the name of the place where you get them from and how much they cost ya.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post