Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > Project Builds (non Car)

Project Builds (non Car) Here is an area where you can show / discuss other non car builds be they bikes, caravans, boats, BBQ's or whatever.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2023, 07:06 PM   #11
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
OMG, I'm foaming at the mouth from the sight of that!

Those slasher mowers were made up until recent years, but were discontinued around the time the two-stroke was canned. Not enough money in it for greedy Briggs and Stratton then.

These were mostly powered by the two-stroke engine for the added grunt cutting through rough, tall grass, but B&S and Honda's were used as well. They were not big sellers, I haven't even seen one in person. The basic machine carried on for decades and was named differently, I think the last of them were called MasterCut 600..................

The old alloy based Victa's (Mustang, MasterCut, Mulchmaster 550 and so on) were proper Aussie-made quality. It's a shame a greedy American company took them over and economized the hell out of the company. Don't get me wrong, the current Victa's are the best mowers on the market, I just wish they were still in Australian hands.
Speaking of greedy I thought that asking $280 was a bit much.

When would you like me to pick it up for you?