Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #61
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually I think Mondeo isnt doing too bad. Its sitting about mid pack in its class, outselling the Sonata, Passat, Epica, Liberty.
Mazda 6, Camry and Accord have been around alot longer and its no surprise that they sell so strongly.
Mondeo is still a new name to most, and will take quite a while for it to be common place.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #62
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

Things are looking good for Ford Aus, and good to see Hyundai doing well to, I kinda like the i30 :P
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #63
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
The graphical results and analysis have now been uploaded - sorry for the delay but collating the data out of the raw numbers does take a considerable amount of time.

May 2009 Data

Supplementary Data

Cheers
Russ
Enjoyable read Russ and always worth the wait, however long or short! Very much appreciated

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #64
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
Enjoyable read Russ and always worth the wait, however long or short! Very much appreciated
Seconded.

You might want to look at the Ford (Holden) Model Vs Segment Avg bar chart though (Supplementary Stats). It looks a bit weird as the Ford vehicles appear to perform better against the segment leader than the average.

Always a great read though.
R-Design is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #65
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Falcon sedan (and wagon) alone outsold every single Toyota model, that's a pleasant surprise. We've ordered a G6E last month so I hope we've contributed to it.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #66
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Few big rental fleet contracts for Falcon. Fleet sales are now picking up since the XT went to 9.9 l per 100 and onto the green guide.

Private sales for the FG have been very strong since day 1 for FG, its just been the fleet sales that have been weak. This is now changing.

Interesting fact, only 4.4% of all FG sales have been XT's, compared to 52% of BF sales. The bigger profit G series and XR cars have become the volume sellers, something Ford is very happy with.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #67
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Few big rental fleet contracts for Falcon. Fleet sales are now picking up since the XT went to 9.9 l per 100 and onto the green guide.

Private sales for the FG have been very strong since day 1 for FG, its just been the fleet sales that have been weak. This is now changing.

Interesting fact, only 4.4% of all FG sales have been XT's, compared to 52% of BF sales. The bigger profit G series and XR cars have become the volume sellers, something Ford is very happy with.

Good to hear fleet sales are on the rise. While there is smaller profits the higher amount of units will help spread the costs of the FG.
Old 14-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #68
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And help keep jobs.
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #69
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8

That is a HUGE change, from model to model. I wonder how many sales where lost in the first 6-12 months just becuase they did not have the right stock??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #70
Chopped
as in chopped

Does anyone know the Suzuki range figures ?
Old 18-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #71
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Suzuki (Month and YTD)

APV 49 / 185
Grand Vitara 404 / 1678
Jimny 98 / 320
Swift 1,168 / 4,6987
4x4 225 / 1,074

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #72
Chopped
as in chopped

^ Thank you
Old 23-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #73
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
Is ford going to get an RTV back in the dealerships?

Thats a car that people want...a mate of mine wanted one, couldnt get one so bought a new hilux 4x4 single cab tray....
I saw yet another RTV yesterday owned by the Metropolitan Water Board. Did these come with a 1 tonne option?

It was also an e-gas version. It dawned on me when I saw it that it was the only commercial vehicle available with (possibly) a 1 tonne payload, dedicated LPG with some semblance of off road capability.

Ford, you need to get this vehicle back to the market. NOW.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #74
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
I saw yet another RTV yesterday owned by the Metropolitan Water Board. Did these come with a 1 tonne option?

It was also an e-gas version. It dawned on me when I saw it that it was the only commercial vehicle available with (possibly) a 1 tonne payload, dedicated LPG with some semblance of off road capability.

They should have at least did a BFIII to it. Its a workhorse like its wagon cousin.
Old 23-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #75
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
They should have at least did a BFIII to it. Its a workhorse like its wagon cousin.
exactly..

governments dont care what cars look like, plenty of commercial vehicles stay around for ever.. Look at mitsubishi express vans?? Lol
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #76
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
exactly..

governments dont care what cars look like, plenty of commercial vehicles stay around for ever.. Look at mitsubishi express vans?? Lol

At least it would have helped paying itself off. I think it was only doing about an average of 100 units a month.
Old 23-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #77
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

At least those 100 units a month added to the overall ute bottom line, and they would have been all built to order or close to it. Not too bad for a product that wasn't marketed at all. Throw in some marketing and actual advertising and you could easily double that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Aah yes, the evergreen Express van :
Old 23-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #78
Crazed

Quote:

Yeah they all came with a slightly bigger than 1 tonne payload.

Fleets and companies should also love the fact that it offered the option of three seats, auto transmission, standard passenger car safety features, optional cruise control, off road ready, good resale value, and (with the LPG variant) running costs lower than a corolla. Also a bloody good car to drive too, with great handling, space and comfort.

Its a shame because with no replacement, as every month passes all those sales are being lost to the Hiluxes, Colorados etc as fleets replace their RTVs. Once you lost a customer it takes a lot of effort to get them back.
Crazed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #79
Crazed

Apart from the fact that people want to buy it, I think they should bring back the RTV for a couple of other reasons not mentioned in the thread yet:

1. The RTV may have a halo effect on other workhorse falcon utes as the RTV shows that Falcon utes are tough and rugged. So having the RTV in production may have a positive influence on buyers of the other variants (especially the base XL variants).

2. Also, having a wide range of variants including the RTV may keep people within the Ford family and stop them looking elsewhere.
E.g. a local council has five normal Falcon XL utes but needs a couple of RTVs for their off-road weed control work. they visit the local Ford dealer but the RTV is no longer avail, so they look around and end up with two 4wd hiluxes.
Now, Toyota says to them 'when you go to update your five XL Falcon utes, we'l give you a good deal on 2wd Hiluxes, and a bonus is they will have parts compatibility with your two new 4wd hiluxes.' So in the end, Ford dosnt lose 2 sales, they lose 7! as Toyota has now got their foot in the door supplying them with all their needs.
This example would work with companies which have Transit vans, Falcon sedans, etc... And is why companies with a wide model range (like Toyota) do so well.

So even though the RTV was about 100 sales a month - which is pretty decent numbers for just a single variant, sometimes its not telling the whole story.
Crazed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #80
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed
So even though the RTV was about 100 sales a month - which is pretty decent numbers for just a single variant, sometimes its not telling the whole story.
Your right. Holding onto a current customer is easier than attempting to gain new ones.

PS As i said earlier in the thread. Anyone who wants an RTV ute should email Ford.

Retrotech thread
Old 23-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #81
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed
E.g. a local council has five normal Falcon XL utes but needs a couple of RTVs for their off-road weed control work. they visit the local Ford dealer but the RTV is no longer avail, so they look around and end up with two 4wd hiluxes.
Now, Toyota says to them 'when you go to update your five XL Falcon utes, we'l give you a good deal on 2wd Hiluxes, and a bonus is they will have parts compatibility with your two new 4wd hiluxes.' So in the end, Ford dosnt lose 2 sales, they lose 7! as Toyota has now got their foot in the door supplying them with all their needs.
This example would work with companies which have Transit vans, Falcon sedans, etc... And is why companies with a wide model range (like Toyota) do so well.

How strange. This actually happened at a local government I used to work for, but I'm struggling to remember the brand of vehicle :
Old 23-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #82
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
At least those 100 units a month added to the overall ute bottom line, and they would have been all built to order or close to it. Not too bad for a product that wasn't marketed at all. Throw in some marketing and actual advertising and you could easily double that.
Am I the only one who remembers this RTV ad?

Falcon RTV ad - "Flooded it mate?"
Old 24-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #83
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Hang on, that cant be a Ford ad! Pity they dont make them that good anymore. They wouldnt be allowed to anyway
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #84
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still see quite a few RTVs around here.

I've been up to Wagga twice this year and both times I saw 4 or 5 RTVs.
Old 24-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #85
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watto_Cobra

Loved that ad. Probably one of the best Ford or car ad of recent time!

Retrotech thread
Old 24-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #86
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watto_Cobra

Aah yes. Good times.
Old 25-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #87
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

There seems to be hundreds of RTVs out here.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post