Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-04-2007, 01:40 AM   #121
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
I always find it funny that there is always someone who knows someone with a Phase III hidden away. I bet you if you gathered all of them today there'd be more now than there was in 1971. :
Not that im saying that this one is fake, but when you're talking big money like that its not hard to make it look real.
Where do you think this one was,
some of you should think about what you are about to write
Old 22-04-2007, 01:41 AM   #122
Phil
......Ford........

great pics nicholas, thanks for sharing them. I am bloody jealous !!
FG 315 Pursuit ute....#20
"Green is Nice"
Old 22-04-2007, 01:48 AM   #123
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I always find it funny that there is always someone who knows someone with a Phase III hidden away. I bet you if you gathered all of them today there'd be more now than there was in 1971. :
Not that im saying that this one is fake, but when you're talking big money like that its not hard to make it look real.
A phase 3 would have to be the hardest GT model to fake.. there's far too many differences and small changes, even the smallest irregularity would stick out a mile to those who know what to look for, i can say without too many issues from the pics its 100% genuine.
Also id like to know how you "fake" 36 years of wear too....

Old 22-04-2007, 02:09 AM   #124
mrgo40rd

hey guys i love phase 3 ho as much as the next ford nut and ill back up what i said before its a 800k falcon i dont think they are worth that much it might be a investment but whats the point of having a car that can not be driven and has to be hidden im not knocking the car in question but its starting to get out of control and driving up the prices of other classics to the point where a normal punter cant afford one im sure these high prices will start to have a negative affect in a few years and punters will just stop looking at buying these classics i dont care if people burn me on this post lets be realistic

Member of 'Falcon Tickford FPV Club of NSW'
www.ftf.org.au
Nolathane, Whiteline and Whiteline PLUS enhanced
car care products 1300 006 007 (keep it looking clean)
Old 22-04-2007, 02:14 AM   #125
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgo40rd
i dont think they are worth that much
Its ok to for people to believe they are not worth that much as they would not be prepaired/or can't afford to fork out that much. The reality is though they are selling for that much so that is there value like it or not. Supply VS's demand. At least you did not bag the car or people who are prepaired to pay that much. If I had the money I would buy one in a split second because I love those types of cars.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 22-04-2007, 02:26 AM   #126
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
A phase 3 would have to be the hardest GT model to fake.. there's far too many differences and small changes, even the smallest irregularity would stick out a mile to those who know what to look for, i can say without too many issues from the pics its 100% genuine.
Also id like to know how you "fake" 36 years of wear too....
Like paintings from famous artists, when there is enough money involved, you can fake anything. Some of them are done so good even the best experts dont know, you dont think thats not the case with vehicles either?
In the US its big business restoring old muscle cars. And theres no way you could say that every one that is sold as a genuine started out as a genuine.

There was a totally wrecked shell of a car that the only thing salvagable from it was the VIN and ID plate. It fetched tens of thousands of dollars on ebay simply because it was once a rare model mopar. In restored condition it would have easily fetched six figures. You can bet in a few years it will turn up in 'concourse' condition after a miraculous 'restoration' at an Auction somewhere and make someone very rich.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 22-04-2007, 02:38 AM   #127
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
yeah but thats why his dad put it in shed in 1979, he is giving each son the new high performance ford being released this year and one for himself,,it was always kept as a retirement investment
geez i would like to have had dad's crystal balls(to see into the future you deviats!)
Old 22-04-2007, 03:08 AM   #128
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
You go right ahead and buy your depreciating asset.

I think you're on the wrong forum if you believe a Phase 3 is an overhyped peice of garbage.

In fact, why don't you just go and **** off.
Very inteligent post there mate - do you also teach your kids to speak with a mouth like that?

I'm not even going to comment about your depreciation comment as its completely obvious you don't know how our tax system works.
Old 22-04-2007, 03:23 AM   #129
robjg33
broady grown

that is just pure gold
as someone who has admired these cars for years and
never get the chace ton see one in that condition
thanks for the photos
to the empty critics- thanks for showing your ignorance, lack of knowledge and understanding
Old 22-04-2007, 08:18 AM   #130
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Brilliant find. Thankfully it wasn't owned by me because it would be 530,000 genuine miles.

Have to applaud the owners ability to garage it for so long, good luck to him if he gets top dollar, that's compensation for knowing he had a HOey in his garage for so long and not taking it for a blat. :P
Old 22-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #131
Sledgehammer
Banned

This is a good thread, if we could remove all the comments by those unfortunate naysayers.
Old 22-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #132
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

Quote:
Like paintings from famous artists, when there is enough money involved, you can fake anything. Some of them are done so good even the best experts dont know, you dont think thats not the case with vehicles either?
In the US its big business restoring old muscle cars. And theres no way you could say that every one that is sold as a genuine started out as a genuine.

There was a totally wrecked shell of a car that the only thing salvagable from it was the VIN and ID plate. It fetched tens of thousands of dollars on ebay simply because it was once a rare model mopar. In restored condition it would have easily fetched six figures. You can bet in a few years it will turn up in 'concourse' condition after a miraculous 'restoration' at an Auction somewhere and make someone very rich.
'Cept Ford will verify the matching chassis and engine numbers. So this guy's got original and matching chassis number, VIN number, build plate, compliance plate, original paint, original engine bay, original interior, original stuffing everything in a low mileage 35yo car.

Pretty bloody hard to fake a that lot.
Old 22-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #133
73landau

I drive new fords at work(about 60K per year between 4 people), My current daily is a ea ghia, and I am restoring my 1973 Landau.
Modern cars just dont have the character anymore. They do everything "correctly". If they had the character of these wonderful oldies then they wouldnt be changing hands for $800,000. The current work drive does it all so blandly. My EA is ho hum. My Landau just feels so good in comparision. Ask anyone who HAS driven an XY GT and a BFGT which they would have regardless of the price factor, a BF GT or an XY GT, The answer will be the XY GT 99 out of 100. I would take the HO as is please please please. I will pay for it when I win the lotto :-)
Old 22-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #134
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgo40rd
hey guys i love phase 3 ho as much as the next ford nut and ill back up what i said before its a 800k falcon i dont think they are worth that much it might be a investment but whats the point of having a car that can not be driven and has to be hidden im not knocking the car in question but its starting to get out of control and driving up the prices of other classics to the point where a normal punter cant afford one im sure these high prices will start to have a negative affect in a few years and punters will just stop looking at buying these classics i dont care if people burn me on this post lets be realistic
So, you can take your term deposit, Telstra shares or inner-city investment property up the road for a nice drive can you?

At least the owner of this car will be able to look at, touch, feel, and appreciate the heritage of his unique investment.

You say that " in a few years and punters will just stop looking at buying these classics". I would be most interested to assess your own long-term investment strategy, and evaluate the extent to which it has contributed to your own staggeringly impressive net worth.

Last edited by DirtyHarry; 22-04-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 22-04-2007, 09:55 AM   #135
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

We're talking about this unrestored car, you're now dragging restored cars into it. Restored cars get allot of scrutiny, xrays etc, chances are there is some info or tell tale signs somewhere if things arent right.

Old 22-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #136
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Ok I can appreciate the car and really do think its an awesome decision by the guy storing it away like he has, but, I feel my comments about washing it have been taken the wrong way. I'm sorry if I havent been on this earth long enough to know that even a washed car can accumulate that much dirt and dust while under covers for so long (as pointed out by a few with an apparent superioty complex).
So why would I be jealous? Beats me.......
I do however believe there have been some immature, ridiculous and unwarranted aggressive comments made by both those who appreciate and those who dont. Grow up, all I said was I wouldve washed it.... I wont make the mistake of making such a stupid, ridiculous and jealous comment ever again.
Old 22-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #137
The Mighty Red

The thing I dont get is ,sure, its an XY GT and is worth quite a bit of money, but $800,000 is way over the top IMO,

XY GT's might be rare but XY Falcon 500's aren't , And you can make a damn good job of replicating an XY GT for about $30,000, it won't have the compliance plate but thats all that will be missing .
A well done replica looks exactly the same as the real thing .........I know for every 10 GT Falcons I see 9 of them are replica's but i can't tell the difference.

So my point is ., you cant go and buy a base model Ferrari for $5k and then spend $30k on it to make it look like a $500,000 F40 Ferrari.......

Last edited by The Mighty Red; 22-04-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 22-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #138
protd
TUFF FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
They couldn't have been originals,I can'tgremember off the top of my head,but there is quite a few things wrong with them,chrome 12 slots and xb mirrors for a start.

Not to mention ford wouldn't have any left as the movie was made in about 1982 _

your correct mate...none of the cars in running on empty are originals, not 1 I'm sorry.. wonder how many people will jump on me for that comment : and my response will be go back and watch the movie again and take not of the small details of the film, not even the monaro that gets destroyed at the start is the same car the crashed car is a Hk yet the car thats raced is a Hg, the falcon's were nothing more than tarted up replica's and p1ss poor ones at that _ dont get me wrong it's one of my all time fav movies, in fact i have it on Betta, VHS and DVD, and i enjoy the the deception of it being a genuine but sadly they are not... :voldar02:

oh and great find there nick, your mate's dad will definitely be happy with that :
Old 22-04-2007, 10:45 AM   #139
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by protd
your correct mate...none of the cars in running on empty are originals, not 1 I'm sorry.. wonder how many people will jump on me for that comment : and my response will be go back and watch the movie again and take not of the small details of the film, not even the monaro that gets destroyed at the start is the same car the crashed car is a Hk yet the car thats raced is a Hg, the falcon's were nothing more than tarted up replica's and p1ss poor ones at that _ dont get me wrong it's one of my all time fav movies, in fact i have it on Betta, VHS and DVD, and i enjoy the the deception of it being a genuine but sadly they are not... :voldar02:

oh and great find there nick, your mate's dad will definitely be happy with that :
Doubt anyone with half a brain will dispute you mate!!! as you say they were poor replica's, not originals!

Old 22-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #140
osiris
a large McCrunch with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
theres one in every crowd,you goose. it has all books and service history to varify, this is not a restored item but a real car that was driven over lots of Victorian country roads for several years before been put away. go and annoy someone else

LOL

Old 22-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #141
XRated
Shoot.

I can't believe how many people get their knickers in a twist over differing opinions! Some people, if they had the money, would pay $800k+ for a ~40-year old Falcon... Some would say it's wise, some would say it's not. Others with that type of money wouldn't pay close to a million dollars for a Falcon - why? Because they don't see the value in it. Fair enough. It's not science.

There are always going to be doubters and there are always going to be people on the opposite side of the fence.

Just remember, everyone's entitled to their own opinion no matter how much it differs from your own. I just wonder why so many people care what other people think...

20V Turbo

Old 22-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #142
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

I would love to own a original ho.
Thanks for the pics would have been awesome seeing uncovered after many years.
Old 22-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #143
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
I can't believe how many people get their knickers in a twist over differing opinions! Some people, if they had the money, would pay $800k+ for a ~40-year old Falcon... Some would say it's wise, some would say it's not. Others with that type of money wouldn't pay close to a million dollars for a Falcon - why? Because they don't see the value in it. Fair enough. It's not science.

There are always going to be doubters and there are always going to be people on the opposite side of the fence.

Just remember, everyone's entitled to their own opinion no matter how much it differs from your own. I just wonder why so many people care what other people think...
There is a hell of a big difference between voicing ones opinion and by inference calling someone a fraudster or liar too.
I am amazed how some on this forum seem to write like i am personally ripping them off just by posting some photo's and telling what i know of this car,is it my mates dad or my fault if someone is willing to pay more for this than their XR6,or T Model, please remember, this is an extremely rare untouched XY GT HO the God of Aussie cars, so dont have a go at me just go to the church and look on in awe at The God of Thunder,AMEN.
lol,
Old 22-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #144
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The thread is titled: HO a real barn find.
Not: How would you spend 800k.

If you wouldn't spend 800k on a GT, the people that would don't really care.
Stay with the topic please.
Old 22-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #145
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
The car is delete bonnet blackouts and delete roo's.
delete radio too
Old 22-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #146
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its a good time to be selling me thinks, love those pics by the way
Old 22-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #147
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
delete radio too
Radio is actually an option.!

Old 22-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #148
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
what a find better......... than gold , i never noticed the fuel tank hanging down like that on the gt`s before is that a 36 gallon jobby?
it looks that way because photo was taken from ground looking up a bit.also yes it's 36gallon take a look at photo of open boot and you will see floor mat is high because of no spare wheel hollow
cheers Nick
Old 22-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #149
fat289
fat289

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
I would rather own your Landau!! A coupe with CLASS. A GTHO does nothing for me and would be a pig to drive, seriously a Landau is more desirable IMO, I hate to say it, but it's as close to a factory pimpmobile as you can get, go on call me a moron,

FACT- XYGTHO has a completly different feel to drive than any other XY

But as you have never driven 1 how could you know that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XRGT
XP ute 351w Toploader
99 Springer softail
XW Fairmont 302w / c4 col shift 58,000 miles
Old 22-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #150
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Hey nicholas, you've started us going by posting these pictures, we appreciate that.
Could you feed us more by posting some more with the plates and book showing numbers (in focus) to make us even more envious?
Closed Thread