Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-05-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford driver nutter

Driving thru a school zone (Jacaranda St, East Ipswich) last friday and I was overtaken in the parking lane by a blue ba/bf xr6. The guy must have been doing 80-100kph. It was bout 3:05 pm and the lollipop lady nearly had a heart attack. After the next set of lights they overtook another row of cars again down the parking lane.

It had personalized plates.

I'm hesitant to post the full numberplate as I am not sure if it breaks any forum rules.

"# # F P V" (qld plates)

It is funny that I usually just say 'typical commodore driver' but this made me boil a little bit. Leave the silliness for a time and place where no innocent people are gonna get hurt, I reckon. It hurts all our reputations when an obviuos ford fan acts like a tool.

Anyone know a car that might fit the description??

ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dob them into the local cops.... before they mow down a bunch of innocent kiddies.
Peter B - CV8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8
Dob them into the local cops.... before they mow down a bunch of innocent kiddies.
Yes it is obvious that it has been stolen by a commodore driver......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
steamin63
old skool

i've noticed recently the number of c###'# driving ba/bf xr6 and xr6t's. a large proportion of them in utes [tradesmen]. last saturday i had a germ in a blue xr6t ute try to egg me on to drag him [i was in the hardtop] . when i told him to go away and play with the other kids he sped off driving like a psychopath in fairly heavy traffic.
Old 13-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BA XRs are becoming highly affordable now, meaning more idiots who previously could not afford them now can.

That's just the way it goes.
I hope they're caught sooner rather than later, and their license is torn up in their face.

People like this who have such disregard for the safety of others, as well as the law deserve no protection, but given our rather meek legal system, they'll probably sue VicRoads for something stupid, and some idiotic judge's heart will melt and will allow it.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Quote:
Dob them in now before it gets a little closer to home. It could be yours/mine relatives/friends next time.

Cheers
Mick
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny you should mention that uranium_death, I was looking at an F6 or XR6T for a work ute (went for the XR6T) but that was actually a factor in my initial leaning towards the F6, as the FPV hold their value longer meaning idiots wouldnt be driving the same car as me for atleast 4 years. Having seen many ba/bf xr6t's in the hands of well...lets not beat around the bush, low-life dole bludging trash. I seriously considered the F6, but as a work ute just couldnt justify the extra $20,000.

Dob them in, there is a time and a place, im no saint on the roads thats for sure, but that is just stupidity.
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #8
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

The kid that lives across the road from me has a BA XR6 too, he always does a burnout coming out of his driveway at all hours and if i see him in town, tries to get me to race him or something stupid. I just hope when he injures himself (which is where he's heading) in his car there is no one else in it...

You just cant explain to these sorts of people what can actually happen... Ive tried too many times. And i know some will have a hissy fit over this, but it is the young ones that mostly do it. (im 22 and i can see from the outside)

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #9
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Or guilty kids, they shouldn't be neglected!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #10
Wally
XP Coupe

Hmm hard call.. the inner conflict of reporting a fellow errant Ford owner as opposed to saving someone's life, even yours. The worst he will get is a good talking to from the coppers, if they get around to it.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #11
MAD
Petro-sexual

No doubt he has been reported before, you cant drive around like that all the time and not be, but your phone call just might be the last one required for action to be taken.
Definitely dob him in.

And I agree with the above statements, so many morons in xr6t's, mostly utes, on the roads these days
Old 14-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #12
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehast13
Driving thru a school zone (Jacaranda St, East Ipswich) last friday and I was overtaken in the parking lane by a blue ba/bf xr6. The guy must have been doing 80-100kph. It was bout 3:05 pm and the lollipop lady nearly had a heart attack. After the next set of lights they overtook another row of cars again down the parking lane.

I'm hesitant to post the full numberplate as I am not sure if it breaks any forum rules.

"# # F P V" (qld plates)

It is funny that I usually just say 'typical commodore driver' but this made me boil a little bit. Leave the silliness for a time and place where no innocent people are gonna get hurt, I reckon. It hurts all our reputations when an obviuos ford fan acts like a tool.

Shame Shame Shame. Just maybe this person is on here and is reading this thread/posts.

Here is a website that you get to shame the drive/s by placing their rego on this site. Take a look might just be what you’re looking plus I'll report it to your local cop shop

link - www.ratetheplate.com.au
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

http://www.ratetheplate.com.au/ doesn't work for me.

I thought it was http://www.ratemyplate.com.au/ but that doesn't work either.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #14
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehast13

"# # F P V" (qld plates)

I hope you have done the sensible thing and reported him. Maybe also speak to the lollipop lady as she would most definitely report the driver but might not have caught his complete plate.

I am a little concerned as I do know a car of that description. Blue BA XR6, Personalised plates but can't remember if they were ??FPV or something else which is in our club.

Whoever it is needs a right royal kick in the backside - the Police will act on a complaint especially around school areas.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #15
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Last weekend there were 4 commodore unmarked cop cars (that snot green colour) driving around with P-plates on... challanging other drivers at the lights...

And Police claim to not do these things... well sorry, but you are breaking the rules you are paid to enforce... AND putting people in danger at the same time...
Old 14-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #16
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Video it and then put it on youtube. That will embarrass them no end and senior plod will stomp them.
Old 14-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #17
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Video it and then put it on youtube. That will embarrass them no end and senior plod will stomp them.
Yeah put a "sting " on them while they are trying to do the same to you ! haha
Old 15-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #18
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEPRINT
Last weekend there were 4 commodore unmarked cop cars (that snot green colour) driving around with P-plates on... challanging other drivers at the lights...

And Police claim to not do these things... well sorry, but you are breaking the rules you are paid to enforce... AND putting people in danger at the same time...
early last year 2 plain clothes plods in a stock toyota soarer tried to goad me into a street race on the way back from harry's diner one friday night. when i yelled out for them to fly off or i'd call the police they slowed up and then did a u turn. it's an old trick and yes they still do it and amazingly people get sucked in.
Old 16-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #19
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah. I reported it, because of the whole school zone thing. I mean, the kids were just getting out of school. I would gladly shame them on here but I don't want to break any forum rules (e.g. cyber bullying, slander etc).
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #20
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The unfortunate thing about the xr6 and the turbo is that previously commo drivers wouldn't have looked at a ford, are now doing so due to their powers of embarasment over the opposition. They just forget to leave their bad habits in their old car.
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #21
Wally
XP Coupe

Yesterday 1.05pm:

Green previous model Falcon NSW rego BBT ..., three blokes inside: pull out of Dick Johnson Race Complex and Museum and proceed to do fishies down Jacobs Well Road, 80kph+ in 60 zone. All good fun until someone loses an eye.
Old 17-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #22
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Yesterday 1.05pm:

Green previous model Falcon NSW rego BBT ..., three blokes inside: pull out of Dick Johnson Race Complex and Museum and proceed to do fishies down Jacobs Well Road, 80kph+ in 60 zone. All good fun until someone loses an eye.
So then they would be doing F SHIES ????
Old 17-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #23
XW_GS
Paulie

the http://www.ratemyplate.com.au/ site is down
it was probably to easy to abuse

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #24
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
So then they would be doing F SHIES ????
Clever LOL

This would be better fun:

http://www.somalicruises.com/
Old 17-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #25
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEPRINT

far out
Old 17-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #26
1LOUDXFUTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamin63
early last year 2 plain clothes plods in a stock toyota soarer tried to goad me into a street race on the way back from harry's diner one friday night. when i yelled out for them to fly off or i'd call the police they slowed up and then did a u turn. it's an old trick and yes they still do it and amazingly people get sucked in.
sorry, but if they were plain clothed, how did you know they were police?