Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
aufutura_bloke

Default AU Falcon Rust

Have a 2001 Ford Falcon Futura Classic which i bought 6 weeks ago form a car yard which i noticed today had rust in the body of the car behind passenger side front door where the electric wirings go from body of car to passenger side front door. the rust has been there for while as its all flaky. i am really peeved off since i paid $13990.00 for this vehicle how the hell did it pass a QLD RWC. plus the list of other problems which i had which were fixed up under warranty were

1. LCD Cluster Bulbs Blown
2. Power Antenna Mask
3. Idler Pulleys for Drive Belt
4. Trailer Socket Dangling
5. CD Player damaged wouldnt play CDs
6. Fronty Brake Rotors Warped
7. Front Brake Pads needed replacing
8. Spare Tyre had a puncture
9. Remote Control for Keyless Entry wasnt working

AND now the rust... anyone else had rust in the same prob with rust in same prob?

as you can see i have now had a enough of this vehicle i traded me Falcon XF in on this rust bucket. my xf was in better condition both mechanically and bosy wise I got a $500.00 Trade In for me Falcon XF 1984 Model

aufutura_bloke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch, mate. Price seems high too, or is it an AUIII?
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
aufutura_bloke

Series 2 Falcon Futura Classic Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamelion
Ouch, mate. Price seems high too, or is it an AUIII?
Old 19-09-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
aye you
The Origional, The Best

bugger dude. keep your head up, your car could potentially look a million bucks after a bit of work. but still , ouch
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 11:42 PM   #5
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did you get a rev's certificate before you got it? it could have been in one of the many floods recently, submerged.
i found an au1 wagon for cheap the other day, 3990, thought something off here, it had rust on drivers side where the hinge is on the door about the size of a mobile phone screen, scary stuff.
that car dealership has dissapeared funnily enough...

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #6
aufutura_bloke

Yeah got the revs certificate showing car has not been written off, stolen or submerged in floods. I spoke to warranty today about rust and they said to get a quote from a panel beater and they will see what they can do for me. Not sure what will be involved with repairing the rust. This vehicle was previously registered to a couple at Strathpine on Brisbanes Northside

how did u go with repiring the rust in your AU mate?

sound slike you had it in same spot but just a diffrent side to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by samftr
did you get a rev's certificate before you got it? it could have been in one of the many floods recently, submerged.
i found an au1 wagon for cheap the other day, 3990, thought something off here, it had rust on drivers side where the hinge is on the door about the size of a mobile phone screen, scary stuff.
that car dealership has dissapeared funnily enough...
Old 19-09-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
Kryton

warranty as above
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #8
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate, I didnt buy it, I kept my four wheel drive ef which has no rust in it..
The guy didnt believe me that it had rust in it, then he was all like oh its not that bad, doing the old bollocks bullcrud routine on me trying to make a sale.
he had 2 grand on an ef wagon that was fooked, and wouldnt trade my sedan which was in far better condition in for more than a few hundred bucks :?

Felcen!
Old 20-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #9
Kryton

Quote:
I kept my four wheel drive ef
off topic
Explain???
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 12:01 AM   #10
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

I found rust in my chassis that had been previously professionally repaired... My car checked out on REVS and the RTA, yet the car was complety unroadworthy... in some cases it pays to know peope who will let safety slide...
Old 20-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #11
aufutura_bloke

I can only wait to see if warranty will come to the party if not I will be fighting with the car yard and threatening legal action as I thought any rust in a vehicle should be done when a vehicle goes through a Road Worthy Certifcate
Old 20-09-2007, 12:05 AM   #12
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

get all the bits fixed, and make sure they are done properly.
I looked at an au3 monty ghia, it had rust in the bonnet under the chrome stripe jigger almost rusted through, very sad.

Davway, just check my sig, you will figure it out ;) just a bit of silly wit to go with it.

Felcen!
Old 20-09-2007, 12:06 AM   #13
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufutura_bloke
I can only wait to see if warranty will come to the party if not I will be fighting with the car yard and threatening legal action as I thought any rust in a vehicle should be done when a vehicle goes through a Road Worthy Certifcate
This is probably also a case of who did the roadworthy. They probably looked at the car and said, gee its *insert colour here* isnt it..
got tyres, yep good off ya go ;)

You wouldnt think they would already have rust in them though would you?

Felcen!
Old 20-09-2007, 12:19 AM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I didnt know rust actually affected Road Worthys, im assuming its only surface neways..

Thats normal, ive seen 12 month old BF Falcons with rust in them, its the way Ford paint them!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 12:20 AM   #15
aufutura_bloke

Nah Mate, not for a 2001 model. I am quite annoyed that when i sold me xf last month it had no rust for a 1984 model buy a 2001 model falcon and you got rust. have also mentioned it to ford. ford were shocked with the rust where it is. ford told me to get on to my warranty company and give it to them. till i get satisfacton.

Quote:
This is probably also a case of who did the roadworthy. They probably looked at the car and said, gee its *insert colour here* isnt it..
got tyres, yep good off ya go ;)

You wouldnt think they would already have rust in them though would you?
Old 20-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #16
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah rip it to em. may pay to take yourself some pics, post them on here and someone might be a panel beater and let you know what they think. The rust in the au wags was just either above or below where the door's stopper is, you know the thing that stops the door at the two stages so it dont bash on your leg as its on a slight hill.

Hope it goes well.
cheers
sam

Felcen!
Old 20-09-2007, 12:30 AM   #17
aufutura_bloke

the rust has actually eaten right into the sheet of metal. its in behind the frontt passenger side door but not on door itself. its on the sheet of metal that the door attaches itself to. the rust is to the left of where the wiring goes into the door from body.
Old 20-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #18
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah thats where it was on this wagon. in a square shape.
scary stuff I reckon.
If its rusted there, where else is it...

Felcen!
Old 20-09-2007, 12:35 AM   #19
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

yeah, some pics would be good.
Old 21-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #20
aufutura_bloke

warranty have came to the party to have it repaired. warranty are going to pay to have the rust repaired. along with everything else i have listed above they have paid for the whole lot. not bad since i paid $13,990.00 for the vehicle
Old 21-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #21
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Quote:
warranty have came to the party to have it repaired. warranty are going to pay to have the rust repaired. along with everything else i have listed above they have paid for the whole lot. not bad since i paid $13,990.00 for the vehicle
That's really great to hear and also that the warranty service is working as it should do.

However it may be a good idea to get an RACQ inspection or an inspection done by a trusted mechanic, prior to handing over your hard earned dollars next time.

Anyway, you won't know the car once all the probs have been fixed and you've been driving it for a while but, then comes more problems or should I say more opportunities to outlay your money.......Yep, all the mods you start to buy for the car and, once you start, you're hooked. lol

Best of luck and enjoy a really great model falcon. :eclipsee_
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #22
Isa_Au
Starter Motor

How typical of a Brisbane car yard. I lived there for years and its very common for a lot of yards to do dodgy roadworthys. I could take you some very popular yards around Brisbane that do this. As could other people in this forum in Brisbane and interstate. A road worthy is not worth the paper its written on or the hard earned cash you pay with. Unless its done by Racq or the transport department. Remember car salesmen are just a modern day version of a horse trader. They just want your money and they don't care what you get stuck with. As long as it cost them nothing extra.
Isa_Au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #23
aufutura_bloke

AM POSTING A PIC OF THE RUST BEHING THE PASSENGER SIDE FRONT DOOR. THE RUST ISJUST TO THE LEFT ON THE BODY WHERE THE WIRING GOES THRU TO THE DOOR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa_Au
How typical of a Brisbane car yard. I lived there for years and its very common for a lot of yards to do dodgy roadworthys. I could take you some very popular yards around Brisbane that do this. As could other people in this forum in Brisbane and interstate. A road worthy is not worth the paper its written on or the hard earned cash you pay with. Unless its done by Racq or the transport department. Remember car salesmen are just a modern day version of a horse trader. They just want your money and they don't care what you get stuck with. As long as it cost them nothing extra.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RUST1.JPG (9.8 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg RUST2.JPG (12.0 KB, 128 views)
Old 25-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #24
aufutura_bloke

anyone else found rust on there passenger side car door
Old 25-09-2007, 09:44 PM   #25
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
anyone else found rust on there passenger side car door
All Au's and early ba's were painted with their doors hinges on so it is very common for rust to form between the two surfaces where there is bare metal, same with the boot and bonnet hinges. I have pics somewhere of fairly substantial rust in these area's, also where the tray bolts onto the back of the cab in ute's rust forms. Some photo's i saw of new ba's utes the rust was eating through the cab, not just surface rust.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #26
buickman
buickman

I owned a AU1 Ghia that snapped a boot strut ball joint and the car was just over 3 years old and I noticed rust forming behind the stud then so I would think that if that area is not kept clean of debris gathing there it could rust out that area and let water into the boot.

[IMG][/IMG]
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #27
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's disgusting isn't it? What series ba's were affected by the lasy cost cutting paint the car with the doors on problem? I have been thinking of getting an au or a ba wagon, but I am not parting with hard earned cash for something thats going to rust out on me!

Felcen!
Old 25-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #28
buickman
buickman

Quote:
That's disgusting isn't it? What series ba's were affected by the lasy cost cutting paint the car with the doors on problem? I have been thinking of getting an au or a ba wagon, but I am not parting with hard earned cash for something thats going to rust out on me!
The AU I had never had rust issues with the door jams boot or bonnet in fact the only rust in the car was behind the boot struts ball joint. I'am driving a EB at the moment and find that the AU is leap years ahead in driver comfort, handling and reliabilty over the EB's. They are a good reliable car and so is the BA au futura_bloke might have purchased a car that was not looked after by previous owner.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2007, 07:24 PM   #29
Umineko
Karasu

Rust is only an issue with road worthy in QLD if it is penetrating IE: a hole, so that may have slipped past anyway but the brakes certainly shouldn't have. Had a similar problem with a brisbane dealer a few years back now, the exhaust snapped in 2 and fell off 3 days after I bought the car (along with a few other issues) the dealer gave me the "the exhaust isn't covered under waranty" BS at which point I said fine I will just take the car to the QLD dept of transport with a copy of your RWC and they can have a good look over it.... the exhaust and all the other issues were fixed the next day
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #30
blacklabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
The AU I had never had rust issues with the door jams boot or bonnet in fact the only rust in the car was behind the boot struts ball joint. I'am driving a EB at the moment and find that the AU is leap years ahead in driver comfort, handling and reliabilty over the EB's. They are a good reliable car and so is the BA au futura_bloke might have purchased a car that was not looked after by previous owner.

I tend to agree.My AU Futura has lived outside for 3 years that I have had her-rain,hail or shine and is rust free.I make a point of opening all the doors and boot and bonnet after washing,and after heavy rain too when possible,so excess water drains properly.And considering I wash my car almost every weekend,that's a pretty good testimonial to AU's design in regards to water trapment and drainage.
But like any car,once rust gets a foothold it's damn hard to stop spreading.
blacklabel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post