Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Serge

Default Koni Red Front AU advice needed.

Hey guys, went out and got a front pair of Koni red's for the front, I had noticed there is no slot for the brake line to clip into? the model number is 82-2467. I looked at the current Pedders sports ryder and the factory Monroe and both have the slot? if someone could just clarify that it is in fact the case that would be highly appreciated.

Serge.

Serge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have Koni's as well and they don't have a slot for the brake lines, Mine have been zipped tied to the strut for about 5 years with out any probs.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
BATRB-6

My front red Koni's had to have the slot welded on from my standard strut for the brake line to clip into.
BATRB-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

while we are on the the subject of red koni`s , i just purchased a set for the front today , mine also did`nt have the brackets for brake lines , but i`m not fussed i`ll cable tie it, but i would be interested in knowing what the best setting is for general touring if any one has a clue, according to leaflet instructions you compress the shocker fully and you can turn the shaft up to 720 degrees for varying resistance, any feed back is welcome.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #5
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

A cable tie does the job just fine, use 2 if you're worried.
I wouldn't weld anything to the body of a shock, the heat would distort the body and cause all sorts of havoc, not to mention the heating of the oil.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
BATRB-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
A cable tie does the job just fine, use 2 if you're worried.
I wouldn't weld anything to the body of a shock, the heat would distort the body and cause all sorts of havoc, not to mention the heating of the oil.

I have not had a prob with mine 1 year later, but best to leave that side of things to the pro's in the biz.
BATRB-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATRB-6
I have not had a prob with mine 1 year later, but best to leave that side of things to the pro's in the biz.
You're very lucky. A shock absorber body should never be heated/welded.
BTW, there's plenty of so called 'pros' who aren't worth a pinch of poo.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i would be interested in knowing what the best setting is for general touring if any one has a clue, according to leaflet instructions you compress the shocker fully and you can turn the shaft up to 720 degrees for varying resistance, any feed back is welcome.
with mine you depress fully and turn clockwise to stiffen and anti clockwise to soften. From memory ( which is shakey at the best of times ) there were 5 or 6 "clicks" I set mine on 3 for a more firmer ride as I prefer less body role. Possibly set it in the middle and if is not what you like take them out again and adjust to suit your preference.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #9
Serge

out of curiosity what size rims and tyres are you guys running with the reds? how is the ride quality (comfort wise) would you rate out of 10?
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
with mine you depress fully and turn clockwise to stiffen and anti clockwise to soften. From memory ( which is shakey at the best of times ) there were 5 or 6 "clicks" I set mine on 3 for a more firmer ride as I prefer less body role. Possibly set it in the middle and if is not what you like take them out again and adjust to suit your preference.
thanks Rob, how do you find them on that setting compared to the originals and are you happy with that setting?
Old 26-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #11
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fitted my koni reds a couple of days ago to the front, i must confess i was a little worried the xr6`s ride quite firmly already and did`nt know what to expect with the koni`s.....i will definatly buy these again, very happy indeed, i could feel the old shockers had notably lost a bit on rebound, on undulations, it was a tad floaty, omg dam what a difference i love these koni`s, i set mine to about middle .....in between stiff and soft( like a lot of old fella`s ) these au`s are ripper drive, i also fitted poly (d )sway bar bushes and top shocker mount, looking forward to putting some reds on the rear.