Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Technical Area

Old 18-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Default brutt 33 specs????

howdy guys does any one know what the tecnical specs were for moffets brutt33 car?it was producing 440bhp what was the carby set up n what were they called?? ,had a look on the net last night but cant find much,any info/specs pics welcom cheers pat

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

You didn't look very hard cob or your spelling was just as bad when you did ;)

http://www.allanmoffat.com.au/again/cars_xbfalcon.htm

Quote:
XB Falcon GT
Engine
351c.i. Cleveland 460 bhp single Holley or cross-over dual Weber carburettors
Old 18-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
cob115
COUPE WHORE

awsome mate : ) i must admit i a bit of a dumb *** when it comes to spelling ,thanks4the link

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 18-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
DaveD_XB

Hi Pat,

Issue 4 of Australian Muscle Car mag has an article on the Brutt33 car or Project B52 as Moffat had called it.

The car was built with Dual side-draught Webbers, on a "standard" inlet manifold.

Dave.
DaveD_XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveD_XB
Hi Pat,

Issue 4 of Australian Muscle Car mag has an article on the Brutt33 car or Project B52 as Moffat had called it.

The car was built with Dual side-draught Webbers, on a "standard" inlet manifold.

Dave.
thanks dave : ) will chase down a copy ,got to love the help from ford form people cheers pat

Old 18-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

I have the issue of Australian Muscle car magazine about the XB GT race cars, has a big section on brut 33 and what was supposedly done to it, was built by Karkraft in the states by a guy called Lee Dykstra (trans am era engineer) has full suspension work done, new floorpan, so on. Just a shame it was destroyed by fire. :( ah well I'll have a look for ya pat, see what i can dig up on it. I'm guessing that the Neptune blue XB coupe is gonna meet its race car fate soon huh?

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

Sorry about the picture quality, the scanner won't work properly, i'll put up better quality pictures when its working.

Cheers
Dave

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
cob115
COUPE WHORE

one thing that i cant understand is the Brutt33car never had a pasenger side door mirror !!iv driven plenty of coupes with out mirrors n there crap with out one !!

Last edited by cob115; 26-08-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 26-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #9
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
one thing that i cant understand is the Brutt33car never had a pasenger side door mirror !!iv driven plenty of coupes with out mirrors n there crap with out one !!
drag - most race car drivers have such good judgement, that they do not one. moff in particular had great concentration in the car. within reason they would know where the other cars were - being on a race track is much different to the road in that respect. and back then, most of the driver's actually respected the b pillar rule, which meant that the blind spot was not as critical as it is now
most driver's do not want one and i remember a picture of brock and gricey in the 80's. both almost identical commode dores, but gricey had a larger mirror. it lost something like 1hp at 100kph due to the drag, going by the caption at the time
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post