Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Default Sick to death of some of the disrespectfull youth these days !

Ok ..... I'm having a rant ! . I'm absolutely sick to death of a minority of the younger generation having no respect at all these days !.

Tonight I rolled up in a maccas drive-through, only to have a crapload of drunk not even maybe 16 to 17 year olds hanging around the back of the car in the drive-though. All carrying on like idiots and banging the back of the car.
We didn't even get to order the meal at the speaker, so I just told the missus to drive to the window as she was worried , then they all follow us to the window !!!! .
At this stage I had had enough and got out of the car and was ready to kill them all !. Seriously - you young idiots ( not all of you ! ) you know wh you are ! - have a bit of respect and party at home or whatever , don't bring your drunken antics to the public.
8 of them and 1 of me , pack of pussys all backed down anyway, have some respect !, It should'nt of even come to that , you know who you are if ur reading this @!.

HAVE SOME RESPECT ! . :

:eclipsee_
Old 03-10-2009, 04:41 AM   #2
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

oh that anoys the FING hell outa me im 19 yes i can get drunk to and stuff but theres a Place and time (PLACE EG: Home mates house Club) most of them come from clubs and stuff and what food but some macca's only alows drive thought so thay have to walk though it to get fod but its still Desrespecful to be banging on other peoples thing and tuching other peoples cars without there consent its just not on in my books

so i know where your comming from

i took on 12 Werribee boys one APRIL night thay all ****ed of because thay couldent bring me down thay tought it was tuff to pick on me because i was on my own well in that story thay lost and ran off NO respect for anyone at all anymore

whats this world comeing to SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR PEOPLE AND THERE THINGS ITS NOT HARD
Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 AM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by POELWYK
oh that anoys the FING hell outa me im 19 yes i can get drunk to and stuff but theres a Place and time (PLACE EG: Home mates house Club) most of them come from clubs and stuff and what food but some macca's only alows drive thought so thay have to walk though it to get fod but its still Desrespecful to be banging on other peoples thing and tuching other peoples cars without there consent its just not on in my books

so i know where your comming from

i took on 12 Werribee boys one APRIL night thay all ****ed of because thay couldent bring me down thay tought it was tuff to pick on me because i was on my own well in that story thay lost and ran off NO respect for anyone at all anymore

whats this world comeing to SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR PEOPLE AND THERE THINGS ITS NOT HARD
Good on ya mate ;) , As I said / not all the younger generation is like this , sounds like you have your head screwed on and have morals , WD / seriously ! .
It's just like a majority of the younger blokes these days have no respect and let down the standards for most of the good younger blokes these days that do, and you all get dragged down in the bad boat. But I know there is still some good young blokes out there with respect and good morals, so you younger blokes that have respect and morals / pay no attention to this post as this doesn't apply to you guys , it's just to those low lifes who let the whole system down for everyone . cheers.

:eclipsee_
Old 03-10-2009, 05:20 AM   #4
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

couldent have told it better myself
Old 03-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its not just teenagers either, i work at brumbys and get a lot of little kids during the hols come in, these are ur 10-14 year old boys that ride around all day, they walk in and talk down to you to try look cool in front of their mates, just little shits in general with no respect for anyone else. Sometimes it's so bad i just wanna jump the counter and belt them a few times like they deserve.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The new breed of Australian. The future job seekers, tax payers and working backbone of the nation.

We are screwed.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
The new breed of Australian. The future job seekers, tax payers and working backbone of the nation.

We are screwed.
Bloody sad isnt it.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #8
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.

We are screwed.
Couldn't have summarised it better myself.

Im only 24, and I never did stuff like that when I was a kid. In fact I was one of the kids calling them a bunch of tossers . All talk and no balls.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #9
lemon
The "Rose"

Good on you mate .Youth of today is out of control ,not all .Some have respect,but others just don`t care. In a group they think they are king s__t. We all know it is happening every where.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #10
Karnage
Finger Painter

To be expected in a civil libiterian society, where displine has been outlawed in our home and schools. My mother inlaw is a school teacher and I cant beleive the things she tells me. Teachers are no longer allowed to use the word "NO" as it is negative, Pointing at a student may be deemed as abuse, etc etc. Sad really. I don't quite understand the mentality of wrapping kids in cotton wool, what happens when they leave school and enter the real world? Oh thats right they do what ever they want and if they do get in trouble with the law, it all about slapping them on the wrist and "rehabilitating" them so they can still fit into society.

I feel really sorry for those younger people who genuinely want to succeed in life, they all get tarred with the same brush in much the same way as car enthusiasts are hoons.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #11
TOM-CAT
F-14 TomCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage
To be expected in a civil libiterian society, where displine has been outlawed in our home and schools. My mother inlaw is a school teacher and I cant beleive the things she tells me. Teachers are no longer allowed to use the word "NO" as it is negative, Pointing at a student may be deemed as abuse, etc etc. Sad really. I don't quite understand the mentality of wrapping kids in cotton wool, what happens when they leave school and enter the real world? Oh thats right they do what ever they want and if they do get in trouble with the law, it all about slapping them on the wrist and "rehabilitating" them so they can still fit into society.

I feel really sorry for those younger people who genuinely want to succeed in life, they all get tarred with the same brush in much the same way as car enthusiasts are hoons.
Said perfectly. Political correctness and 'protection' is getting well and truly out of control. To be honest i believe there are too many youths who get everything they want without having to work for it.

Check your bible; it say’s - if thou is to fit forced induction via supercharging to a performance car, then it is right and good that this supercharger be heard.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #12
Spudz27
Call me Spud

edited

Last edited by EDfutura25; 03-10-2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Not the right thread for it
Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #13
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Bring back the cane.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #14
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Ok ..... I'm having a rant ! . I'm absolutely sick to death of a minority of the younger generation having no respect at all these days !.

Tonight I rolled up in a maccas drive-through, only to have a crapload of drunk not even maybe 16 to 17 year olds hanging around the back of the car in the drive-though. All carrying on like idiots and banging the back of the car.
We didn't even get to order the meal at the speaker, so I just told the missus to drive to the window as she was worried , then they all follow us to the window !!!! .
At this stage I had had enough and got out of the car and was ready to kill them all !. Seriously - you young idiots ( not all of you ! ) you know wh you are ! - have a bit of respect and party at home or whatever , don't bring your drunken antics to the public.
8 of them and 1 of me , pack of pussys all backed down anyway, have some respect !, It should'nt of even come to that , you know who you are if ur reading this @!.

HAVE SOME RESPECT ! . :
I carn"t belive a mild mannerd good looking bloke like you Rick would scare anyone but I hear what your saying mate ,Got asked yesterday from a relo I haven't seen in years if thier family could stay over Christmas with us, as they have a 4 & 6 year old I said I may be getting cranky in my old age and don"t have a naughty spot to put little angels in only a wooden spoon : she said great she could leave hers at home, looks like we have visitors for Chrissy :

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 03-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #15
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

With the way our society is going at the moment (no more smacking kids, political correctness etc etc), it's no wonder that we have ended up like this. It's only been recent too - I'm talking about only the last 5-6 years where it has appeared to become more of a problem!!!

Kids are being spoiled way too much these days - we're breeding a nation of brats! Parents are not stepping up to the plate and showing their kids how to behave....giving them far too much choice at a far too early age. They end up being able to do whatever they want, without boundaries - resulting in kids roaming the streets with no respect for anybody else or their property......it's all about the parents if you ask me!!! They just don't care enough these days.

Half these kids don't even know how to speak politely to somebody!!

And yes, I realise that it's generally the minority who are causing everyone to be painted with the same brush, but most of these kids don't know any better - they are just by-products of poor parenting, if you ask me.

And yes, I'm only 24, no kids myself, but I do a lot of work with kids of all ages, I see it every week. How hard is it to have some manners? How hard is it to not answer back like a smart-**** every time you are asked a question??

Sure, I carry on like an idiot when I'm with my mates sometimes, but there is a time and a place for everything!!!

When I was 18 (only 6 years ago), you never heard about group bashings in the city (Melbourne), mainly because it didn't happen - sure you get a couple of spotfires here and there, but not like 2009! Oh how things have changed!!!

Some of society's basic morals seem to have been blurred by the youth of today!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #16
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

And this is one reason why i work with youth... to try and teach them respect for themselves and respect for others, and other peoples property... i try and teach them to become leaders within society and bring about a new wave of respectable and involved youth... with the 18 youth members i work with, there are about 2-3 i know wont get far... but thats good odds IMO
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #17
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Although there are some idiotic young ones out there, i think most of them are ok, i mean you only encounter the bad ones casue of the fact they are idiots, the well behaved ones dont get noticed simply because they are good behaved youths!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #18
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage
My mother inlaw is a school teacher and I cant beleive the things she tells me. Teachers are no longer allowed to use the word "NO" as it is negative, Pointing at a student may be deemed as abuse, etc etc. Sad really. I don't quite understand the mentality of wrapping kids in cotton wool
That is why I quit teaching. I was one semester away from getting a teaching degree, but I hated the job. I could not stand a job where how I should teach was determined by a person who had been out of the classroom for 10 years (scholars etc.).

You also cannot say, "Good Girl" or "Good Boy" either. I don't remember why...I didn't pay attention because I thought it was a crock of doodie.

It is a joke that when I am in MY classroom (if I was in one - I was in classrooms a bit), I am not even in full control. Mind you, if you saw some of the parents that pick their kids up and their attitude with regards to respecting others and being courteous, it is no surprise that children now have such poor attitudes towards others. These parents were not bogans or dole bludgers or tradies or any of that other stereotypical junk. These were people in white-collar jobs, dressed nicely. Some mothers were wonderfully friendly and nice..others had tongues like poison.

It is a gradual thing. There is too much consideration in how people feel etc.
Putting kids in a corner is bad, smacking is bad, calling them idiots is bad etc. nowadays according to experts. So what do you do? What can you do?

The above punishments are great! When you do the wrong thing, you are punished, and you feel bad! You keep acting bad, you keep feeling bad! That is the point of punishment! I don't mean abuse or assault.

As stated, many kids are great and behave, but too many are all about themselves, and actually believe that in a global population of over 6.5 billion, they believe they're so important. We all are in our own way, but no more important than anybody else.

I hope the Giant Space Ants come and enslave us all. A day working in their sugar caves might set them straight. And for all you naysayers, there is no stopping them...the ants will soon be here.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #19
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85

Im only 24, and I never did stuff like that when I was a kid. In fact I was one of the kids calling them a bunch of tossers . All talk and no balls.
Im 23 and can say the same about myself and most of my mates. There doesn't seem to be many of us around though.....

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #20
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Send them to the army.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #21
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by needaXYGT
Send them to the army.
AMEN TO THAT!

Working in the taxi industry I see all sorts. Like last night I was taking 2 passengers through the drive-thru at maccas and 3 guys ran up and tried to jump in the cab so they could order. No asking, just opened the door. I was shocked and they were moved on pretty quickly. That said, majority of people I run into are decent respectful passengers. (1 or 2 out of 300-400 are pretty good odds IMO)

I've also picked up youth's who have been in the army and they are among the most respectful of younger passengers I get. So send them to the army!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #22
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by needaXYGT
Send them to the army.
Do you think teaching these sort of people how to fight, shoot and kill to be a good idea? The military have standards to ensure a quality defence force. Only reason to send the scumbags to the army is for use as cannon fodder.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #23
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

I teach martial arts and you would not believe how many parents come in and ask can you teach my kid respect and discipline I have 2 x 1hr classes a week for kids how is 2hrs a week going to make a difference if it is not carried thru at home and school?

I have started concentrating more on pressure point fighting that way you can really hurt the little shits, some points can make limbs useless for 20-30 mins and leave no tell tale marks, that makes it easier to deny when the police get involved as in they accuse you of assaulting them. I do not condone fighting I teach self defence but my philosophy and what I tell my students is if all peaceful avenues fail and you have to sort someone out dont stop till you can walk away at a leisurely pace and do whatever it takes.

My original master was old school military style just keep breaking bones till they stop coming today that might get you sued for excessive force but some of the kids getting around need a stint in the ER and a permanent limp.

Sooner or later they will mess with the wrong person and may live to regret it. I have had one instance where a car full of young'uns threw a bottle out of the window at me I gave them some lip they went round the block and pulled up as soon as the passenger door opened and the leg came out I slammed the door shut on his leg opened the door and served him up before he could get out, the driver couldnt get into gear quick enough. Bet they think twice before doing that again.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 03-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #24
alter_EGOXR
BF MKII XR6

i remember when i was 16-17, which is not long ago....i used to spend my weekends playing sports...i would have my games on a saturday, i would be soo buggered from the game that i wouldnt even bother wasting my time getting smashed on a saturday night..and then on sunday it was back to training at 9am..seriously some kids/teenagers need to have a good look at themselves...and i guess its partly the parents fault, for not showing any discipline...all i know, is when they graduate from highschool they will be brought back down to earth....
Old 03-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #25
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
Im 23 and can say the same about myself and most of my mates. There doesn't seem to be many of us around though.....
Sad isnt it, im only 26 and NEVER did i EVER think if doing something like that, just didnt have the nads to do it. Not only that i realised it was the wrong thing to do anyway. These are the future (or lack of) of our county. :togo:
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 03-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #26
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

My oldest daughter turned 18 recently. Last Saturday night she went out clubbing with 2 of her uni mates, both girls, one 19 and one 21. All 3 had to work the next day at the same place of employment. Caught a cab home to the 21 year olds place and they were all getting ready ready to go to bed at 12.30 am. Then suddenly my daughter noticed a young guy at the front door. He was standing there in only his jocks and a sheet on his head. The girls thinking the security door was locked went over and slid the glass door open. To their horror this clown opens the security door and walks right in. Tells them he's from Argentina , then starts crapping on that he is in the secret service. Girls start freaking a bit, try to persuade him to leave and offer to get him a cab. Next minute he goes off his brain, picks up my daughter, throws her into a wall, belts one of the other girls, chases the third girl into the toilet. She locked herself in the toilet. He kicked the door in , dragged her across the floor by her hair telling her how many ways he can and will kill her. Then he stars trying to slam her head between the door. One of the girls thru the phone to my daughter and told her to run like hell outside and call the police. She was histerical and near got hit by a car. Police arrived 10 minutes later and this creep had bolted after a couple of neighbours came to the girls aid. They had sniffer dogs and caught him down the road , hiding behind a tree. They think he was so high on Ice and eccy tablets.........I spoke to the detective during the week and it just all seems to hard for him, you get the feeling he knows this clown will just get a slap on the wrist...........
Old 03-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #27
BA Baracus
xls

Current mentality is stuff like this is all due to binge drinking culture, but many youths have always drunk, and being drunk doesn't fundamentally change who you are or how you feel you can act. Drinking just loosens the ropes for those already predisposed to being d'heads and the issue is there's a growing population of those people in general society.
There's no magic way to instill values and respect in people so in an attempt to do anything at all alcohol will be the scapegoat and we will see it go the way of smoking, whilst the real problem gathers more and more momentum.
It was going downhill in my youth and I'm 30, it hasn't just happened in the last few years.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #28
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

I'm glad we all think we should just default straight back to being able to 'hit' kids with wooden spoons and the likes. Why doesn't anyone look at who these people's parents are? They are the older ones that probably have no idea where thier children are, or they do and don't care, have no discpline etc. which cannot be blamed on not being able to use 'force' like hitting etc. cause thier is plenty of evidence out there that alot of parents are able to bring thier children up to be respectful, good behaving and the like all without any hitting of kids.

Yes the kids are bad, but whats the cause behind that? BAD PARENTING and they are not young. I know many parents that just get drunk or don't care and allow thier childrens boyfriend or girlfriend come sleepover at the ages of 14/15... maybe we should quit blaming the children soley and start placing my blame upon the parents.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Old 03-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #29
Teflon Turbo
Banned

more youth bashing...
Old 03-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #30
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Sad isnt it, im only 26 and NEVER did i EVER think if doing something like that, just didnt have the nads to do it. Not only that i realised it was the wrong thing to do anyway. These are the future (or lack of) of our county. :togo:

I think for us, it was a matter of we knew what the consequences were and didnt want to bring that upon ourselves. Theres little common sense now, and we as a society don't seem to be creating an enviroment to facilitate common sense, we are told how to do everything and when we don't theres very little consequence for it. Unless of course it involves disciplining our children.... : then we are the spawn of satan.

EDIT: And yes, parents do play a big part in the development of our children and I really try to avoid generalising, as every case is different. One side is the parents do nothing to curb their kids behaviour and give them maximum choice, the other side is that they are trying to do it, but we cannot do it the way that we as parents feel is effective or considered "right" in the eyes of our society.
Closed Thread