Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 
Default AU V8 Diagnostic Unit?

Just wondering what interface units people are using to pull codes from their AU's.. i have a spark issue i want to narrow down on the au2 and i'm hoping one of these might help.

Also please specify if it's just a code reader, or an interface which requires a laptop plugged in and appropriate software

cheers all

Professor Farnsworth is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 
Default Re: AU V8 Diagnostic Unit?

saw this one listed in another thread, has anyone confirmed it works with the AU like it claims??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MaxiDiag-...item2c54863fd5
Professor Farnsworth is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
saw this one listed in another thread, has anyone confirmed it works with the AU like it claims??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MaxiDiag-...item2c54863fd5
I have an OBD II reader which supports all the ODB II protocols and it didn't work for me, the AU has a wierd protocol which any of the eBay readers won't be able to pick up. The only way people are getting ECU data is through quarterhorse boxes.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

ah ok that's a bugger as i don't plan to go down that route

thanks mate
Old 28-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Prof, take it to Ford and ask them to see if there are any codes on it? Surely it would not cost a lot for a code read, but then again I may stand corrected. Ford uses a NGS, which they did on mine (pre Quarterhorse) when I had a fuel pump problem and told me I may have a problem with my coils! Point being, even if you do see a code, it may not necessarliy point to the problem.

On the OBDII thing, AUs run a bastardised version of OBDII, so as Ride found, a normal OBDII reader may not work.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

yeh i'd do that but from my new ford days, i'd just expect them to say it spat no codes at all when the car was basically falling apart