Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-10-2016, 12:08 PM   #1
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AFF is the best and how I found it..

G'day all , Got to post this... I've been on AFF for less than two years but in that time I never cease to be amazed and thrilled by the content , the help and advice , the friendships , the great (constantly) interesting topics on the vast number of threads , the fantastic photos and even the odd disagreement or dispute proving how many different opinions there are..

Back in December 2014 I had just bought my BA Fairmont Ghia a few weeks before and was having electronics issues. A workmate suggested "Join a forum mate , they're really helpful " Randomly and to my good fortune I found and chose AFF..The guys helped me to find suitable Aux cables to over ride the dodgey CD stacker and radio problems , helped me with my tailshaft vibration matters , Fuel injector matters etc..while I still had that car before I traded it on my FG XR6....Great help and advice is a huge advantage to have. AFF has this in spades..Also great to keep in touch on AU Falcon news and views..I love AU's with a passion..

Two months ago I joined a U.S. Ford forum site to see what goes on there..PATHETIC...Literally in comparison to AFF..I was really disappointed and can't be bothered with it any more..I posted a thread about the imminent demise of the Falcon/Territory..One response and that was only because his daughter was visiting OZ at the time for an Iron Woman event..No-one else cared it seemed..The only dedicated Falcon area was in some obscure sub section..The blasphemy ......

The Holden mob have nothing that compares either. Had a look 2-3 weeks ago to see what they talk about as a non joining visitor..Same exact opinion.
My U.S. based Model Rail forum is pretty good unless you dare to mention anything to do with U.S politics even when you refer such in a rail context and I recently had a terse warning from a moderator when I asked what the opinions were on Trump..
AFF is a real , tangible and effective outlet . IT'S FUN and really worthwhile for anyone with a passion for the Blue Oval..
Now that Falcon and Territory are actually gone AFF takes on even greater importance as an outlet to keep in touch on the cars we love..

Thanks to everyone involved and hope to make a regular financial contribution over time for site maintenance etc..Can a moderator tell me how via a PM soon...It's money well spent I think..
Cheers Rod..

Last edited by roddy1960; 16-10-2016 at 12:18 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2016, 01:43 PM   #2
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: AFF is the best and how I found it..

Depends on what you are into regarding forums, personally this forum would have to be the biggest & diverse in content regarding fords in Australia but I do belong to a couple other vehicle forums that I find is just as good especially if it is vehicle specific, to me I frequent newranger.net, I think you can understand why since I own a Ranger.

Cheers.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #3
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: AFF is the best and how I found it..

Here ya go Roddy...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...96&postcount=1
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post