Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
V8 Ghia
Formally ED I6

Default Had my car dynoed

Had my Series 1 5L Fairmont ghia auto dynoed yesterday and was amazed by the result.
It made 139rwkw on petrol and 134rwkw on lpg (Pertol curve red, LPG curve green).
The car is completely stock other than 2 1/2" cat back exhaust. Was the 175fwkw factory specification just understated (I would expect 140rwkw from a 200fwkw auto)
The AFR on LPG is terrible, which is why I wanted it dynoed. Needs to go back to the installer to be tuned better.

I am surprised the petrol AFR is so rich up top. Does anyone have any suggestions other than edit/chip etc.??

---------------------------
Other
93' ED 5spd 4.0L NA Fairmont
13.75 @ 101mph
V8 Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
dishpig
Only an xr6...

NA that sounds right I got the 175KW fwkw with about the same set-up just less two cyclinders and I got around that so sounds alright. I'd say get a cold air intake installed and you should find a bit more power.

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Hi mate .Just save for the edit.Iff you are going to mod it do the mods first provided the car doesnt need the tune to idle or run.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Well you would expect to lose about 50 flywheel kw in losses to the back wheels on a dyno on average so a 175fwkw car should see 125rwkw pretty well any dat any dyno. The cat back and inlet and ambient temp corections on your dyno run have given you a nice little lift to 139rwkw which is what you could expect from a 200fwkw V8 AUII ute for instance.

The dyno numbers themselves are'nt worth arguing over they just show a good average motor with god awful air fuel ratios. An edit here will be worth heaps of mid range driveability and top end power probably an extra 10rwkw. There is also an obvious problem with the LPG conversion somewhere too.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post