Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #271
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default Re: FG Series II, When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Thats because FG2 will be so good looking no one will buy the current model, fingers crossed.
I can't see how. I just polished my G6E-T (it came back filthy from Tasmania where my father never cleans it), and in admiring my handywork on the paint I was taken aback by the lines and proportions of the car.
I distinctly rememember saying to myself lastnight "My God you're one handsome looking son of a ......"
Just the grille, the chrome, the wheels, the colour (silk), everything works so well together; all under those bright warehouse type lights.
I was suddenly taken back to when I first saw it in the showroom and it was like seeing your wife for the first time; mesmerised.

For ford to make it better is going to be nigh on impossible. Then again, I'm not married so don't need to worry about being faithful. I genuinely can't wait to see the new FG2, and if it's as good as you guys say it is then I'll be trading a BF fairlane for one.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 31-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #272
Chilliman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek
Not to sound retarded, but is it at all possible that the FG2 will come out sooner than we think. I mean, there have been some delays which have pushed the LPi into September before it hits showrooms... so probably October or so before anyone can actually have one delivered... sort of putting it into the timeline of the FG2?

It might sound silly, but the way I think about it is, why would Ford build up all these new LPi models (which hopefully get a lot of sales) in the FG when, according to sources, the FG2 is literally just around the corner...

If it was me in charge, and assuming I have not missed anything obvious, I'd probably release the FG2 with LPi without telling anyone that the FG2 is coming.

I'm probably very wrong though, wishful thinking.
I don't think that's retarted at all. What if FG1 LPi is only available to fleets and FG2 LPi is the model that will be finally available to the private market.

I also have the feeling Ford are holding back on an ad blitz for Falcon until FG2 is out.

"Torque is the new horsepower"
Old 31-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #273
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chilliman..no more finger walking..pleeeze!!!!!!
Old 31-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #274
Chilliman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Chilliman..no more finger walking..pleeeze!!!!!!
I don't think we'll ever see an ad like 'fingers' ever again

"Torque is the new horsepower"
Old 31-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #275
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek
Not to sound retarded, but is it at all possible that the FG2 will come out sooner than we think. I mean, there have been some delays which have pushed the LPi into September before it hits showrooms... so probably October or so before anyone can actually have one delivered... sort of putting it into the timeline of the FG2?

It might sound silly, but the way I think about it is, why would Ford build up all these new LPi models (which hopefully get a lot of sales) in the FG when, according to sources, the FG2 is literally just around the corner...

If it was me in charge, and assuming I have not missed anything obvious, I'd probably release the FG2 with LPi without telling anyone that the FG2 is coming.

I'm probably very wrong though, wishful thinking.
They have already built a stack of FG LPi's, and they will get to dealers in a week or 2, once the small supplier issue is fixed up.

FG2 probably won't hit dealers until November.

Another factor that needs to be considered is that the Ranger still has to be released yet, and the Focus also needs a bit of breathing space. Ford are trying to space all these new cars launches out so that they don't steal the limelight from each other, like the BA did to the Focus. They will probably wait until Ranger has been released, which must be getting very close now.
Old 31-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #276
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

In the Ranger thread someone saw the first load of Rangers at the docks.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #277
wakeboardandy

colours and trims under falcon on ford.com.au seems to be down.. are they updating for FGII??
Old 01-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #278
james22
With da Warlords

Deleted.... Replied to post on first page

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
Old 04-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #279
fordfreak1

new falcon due early 2012?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #280
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Ecoboost 4 is early 2012. The 6's will be Oct/Nov.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #281
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well I went past what I assume was a FG2 XR the other day, lower front bar covered. Which means things are getting close.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #282
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

If the territory is anything to go by in command center. then hopefully it's coming to FG2. I spent about 5 minutes at Ford playing around with one - and i like it. Love the Layout of the FG's but the Terra is even better.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #283
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Holdens VF is out in October !! Why must Ford always play catchup???????
It could be argued that the VE played catchup itself with the BA/BF, in terms of
suspension design..... ? Holden do however seem to be first on the market with
touch screens and other assorted gizmos.

As for the release date on FGII, I'm guessing Oct/Nov is the changeover I/II.

Last edited by EB#; 06-09-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #284
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

November
Old 07-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #285
fordfreak1

im getting sick of waiting, i just want the next model/FG mkII to come out, to see if its got any cool wheels i can buy and chuck on my FG. if they get the terri screen im gonna see if i can show that in mine too hehehehe
Old 14-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #286
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

defenietly soon, on the ring rd today saw an fg xr6 heading towards campbellfield with the full front black carbra with cammo over lights.... so they are out there now, just need to see one without the cover LOL
also saw a car carrier with the new lpi xr6 on the back...
Old 14-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #287
bouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000
defenietly soon, on the ring rd today saw an fg xr6 heading towards campbellfield with the full front black carbra with cammo over lights.... so they are out there now, just need to see one without the cover LOL
also saw a car carrier with the new lpi xr6 on the back...
I would guess that the front of the new Terri and mondeo would give a fair bit away as to what fg 11 will look like.

I don't think much more than front bar and touch screen will change.

Touch screen is a definate I reckon.
Old 14-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #288
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
I can't see how. I just polished my G6E-T (it came back filthy from Tasmania where my father never cleans it), and in admiring my handywork on the paint I was taken aback by the lines and proportions of the car.
I distinctly rememember saying to myself lastnight "My God you're one handsome looking son of a ......"
Just the grille, the chrome, the wheels, the colour (silk), everything works so well together; all under those bright warehouse type lights.
I was suddenly taken back to when I first saw it in the showroom and it was like seeing your wife for the first time; mesmerised.

For ford to make it better is going to be nigh on impossible. Then again, I'm not married so don't need to worry about being faithful. I genuinely can't wait to see the new FG2, and if it's as good as you guys say it is then I'll be trading a BF fairlane for one.
Well said. I see them getting around often and they look good from every angle, they look streamlined and purposeful and all the proportions are spot on.

Then I see a VE and it's like seeing a gigantic matchbox car with those wheel arches, haha.
Old 14-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #289
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

Love your post .....but i think you need to get out a bit more and maybe spend some time with the opposite sex...Those exhaust pipes can be painful....lol
Old 14-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #290
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Next year is time to upgrade my FG, if Ford has done a good job on the FGII then I will definitely consider upgrading otherwise a different maker might do the trick … My wish list is:

a. Ecoboost with Focus ST equivalent power and 100kg of less weight at the front that the I6
b. I6 with a noticeable power hike (turbo excluded)

Both would need to see some interior improvements and hopefully a better looking exterior nip & tuck.
Old 14-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #291
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Love your post .....but i think you need to get out a bit more and maybe spend some time with the opposite sex...Those exhaust pipes can be painful....lol
Gold
Old 22-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #292
xrfan
Starter Motor

FGII Pics and story http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52492/2012-ford-falcon-fg-mkii-revealed

Nice :-)
Old 22-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #293
kinksta
Luxojet

Oh wow is that what it actually looks like wow! lol
Old 22-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #294
xrfan
Starter Motor

Just thought it might help those that land on this thread from a search (rather than the FGII mega thread)

And sarcasm noted - and just fine ;-)
Old 22-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #295
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11343083

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread