Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 23-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
rxj

Default Convers+ Firmware update for 2011 MC Mondeo Titanium

Hi,

I own a 2011 MC Mondeo Titanium and noted that the later MC Mondeo's - 2012 onwards have the following additional updates for Convers+.

The additional icons are circled in black.

Do you know whether there is a Convers+ update for my 2011 Mondeo to bring it up to the later version that is available from a Ford dealership?

Cheers,

rxj

2008 FG G6E Turbo
2009 SY II Territory Ghia AWD
2012 MC Mondeo Titanium Ecoboost
2018 MD Mondeo Titanium Ecoboost (Current)
rxj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Convers+ Firmware update for 2011 MC Mondeo Titanium

rxj,

Here is a thread I started earlier about this same topic; http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...hlight=convers

Unfortunately I have never been able to get it done here in Brisbane, I have been o numerous dealerships too! I started a case with Ford AUS and they dismissed it pretty quick...

Let me know if you get any further assistance!

P.S. there is also a third option you should circle on the picture, the fuel gauge changes also.
Old 23-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
rxj

Hi ope126,

Thanks for the thread I will read it later. I will try and see if I can find a dealership here in Victoria that will provide the update. Yes you are right I missed the "red" pointer that indicates the fuel level.

Cheers,

rxj
2008 FG G6E Turbo
Old 23-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Ours is the pre-update Titanium. The addition of a temp gauge would be welcomed here. Why such a important part of a cars instrumentation is hidden in a sub-menu is completely beyond me!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
rxj

Totally agree. It was a poor design decision...
2008 FG G6E Turbo
Old 23-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've never been a fan of the way the instruments work in the 2010/2011 era Mondeo. We had dozens of them at work, and I had to drive them occasionally.

They got their priorities mixed up big time. All that screen real estate, and it's filled with junk. I'd rather see a digital speed reading than the outside temp or radio station in the cluster.

These screen displays seem to have been designed by someone who has no idea what instruments should do. Thank god the FG is so much better.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #7
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
I've never been a fan of the way the instruments work in the 2010/2011 era Mondeo. We had dozens of them at work, and I had to drive them occasionally.

They got their priorities mixed up big time. All that screen real estate, and it's filled with junk. I'd rather see a digital speed reading than the outside temp or radio station in the cluster.

These screen displays seem to have been designed by someone who has no idea what instruments should do. Thank god the FG is so much better.
As good as the Mondeo is and all the tech it has over the Falcon, its the small things that make the FG easier to live with. Our Mondeo is a great car, but when I get back into to the Falcon, I feel its simpler layout is more intuitive.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-12-2014, 12:28 AM   #8
Deo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Ours is the pre-update Titanium. The addition of a temp gauge would be welcomed here. Why such a important part of a cars instrumentation is hidden in a sub-menu is completely beyond me!
Personally I won't put money or effort to get this update - the radio has a clock permanently visible, the red arrow for the fuel is cosmetic, and if the car is overheating I trust that a warning will appear.

That being said I do agree that the overall design and menuing of Convers isn't that ergonomic.

Saab have a "black panel" mode for driving at night which disables the entire dashboard so that you can focus on the road. If anything goes awry, just that section of the dash comes to life (eg low fuel? the fuel gauge lights up)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch

Last edited by Deo; 24-12-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #9
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Totally agree mate, what the hell where they thinking ? i would rather have a temp gauge than a tacho, warning lights usually come on after the damage is done, at least with a temp gauge if it starts running a bit hotter than usual you can investigate and possibly rectify a small problem before it becomes a big problem and big $$$$$ damage done.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: