Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Angry 24 Season 8 Final Season

Two-Hour Series Finale Airs Monday, May 24, on FOX

In a joint decision made by 24’s star and executive producer Kiefer Sutherland, executive producer and showrunner Howard Gordon, Twentieth Century Fox Television, Imagine Entertainment and Fox Broadcasting Company, it was determined that the acclaimed series will end its remarkable eight-season run. Jack Bauer’s last day on FOX will conclude when the final two hours of “Day Eight” air Monday, May 24 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). As the countdown to the series’ climactic conclusion races on, the final 11 hours will air uninterrupted Mondays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Multiple award-winning series star Kiefer Sutherland reflected on the show’s run: “This has been the role of a lifetime, and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone who made it possible. While the end of the series is bittersweet, we always wanted 24 to finish on a high note, so the decision to make the eighth season our last was one we all agreed upon. This feels like the culmination of all our efforts from the writers to the actors to our fantastic crew and everyone at Fox. Looking ahead to the future, Howard Gordon and I are excited about the opportunity to create the feature film version of 24. But when all is said and done, it is the loyal worldwide fan base that made it possible for me to have the experience of playing the role of Jack Bauer, and for that I am eternally grateful.”

Executive producer and showrunner Howard Gordon said, “Kiefer and I have loved every minute of making 24, but we all believe that now is the right time to call it a day. I echo his sentiments of gratitude toward the show’s amazing creative team, as well as the studio and network who have always believed in us and shown us unbelievable support.”

“24 is so much more than just a TV show – it has redefined the drama genre and created one of the most admired action icons in television history,” said Peter Rice, Chairman, Entertainment, Fox Networks Group. Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company added, “We are extremely proud of this groundbreaking series and will be forever thankful to Kiefer, the producers, the cast and crew for everything they’ve put into 24 over the years. It’s truly been an amazing and unforgettable eight days.”

“We are so grateful to Kiefer and Howard who have really poured their hearts and souls into making this show over the past eight seasons,” commented Gary Newman and Dana Walden, Chairmen, Twentieth Century Fox Television. “To everyone who contributed to this iconic series over its amazing run, we want to extend our heartfelt appreciation for your incredible work.”

Added Imagine Entertainment’s Brian Grazer, “I’m so proud to have been a part of 24, which has become such a cultural phenomenon. And to Kiefer and Howard and everyone who has worked on the show, many thanks.”

Now in its eighth season with Kiefer Sutherland starring as the heroic Jack Bauer, the inventive and suspenseful 24 has been nominated for a total of 68 Emmy Awards, winning for Outstanding Drama Series in 2006. Over the course of seven seasons, Sutherland garnered seven Emmy nominations and one win for Outstanding Lead Actor – Drama Series. While the series gained global recognition, Sutherland’s portrayal of the legendary character penetrated the American psyche like no other dramatic television character to become part of the English lexicon.

Premiering November 6, 2001, 24 employed a pioneering split-screen, fast-paced format with complex interweaving storylines as viewers followed anti-terrorism agent Jack Bauer through 24 pulse-pounding episodes, each covering one hour and presented in real time. Subsequent seasons combined the show’s unique and trend-setting format while delivering compelling new elements and attracting talented actors and guest stars, including the Emmy Award-winning Cherry Jones (President Allison Taylor). The series also currently stars Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe O’Brian), Anil Kapoor (Omar Hassan), Annie Wersching (Renee Walker), Katee Sackhoff (Dana Walsh), Mykelti Williamson (Brian Hastings), Freddie Prinze Jr. (Cole Ortiz), Chris Diamantopoulos (Rob Weiss) and John Boyd (Arlo Glass).

The first six seasons were set in Los Angeles, and following the strike-induced delay of Season Seven, “24: Redemption,” a two-hour film bridging Seasons Six and Seven, was set in Africa. Washington, D.C. was the setting for Season Seven, and the final season of 24 finds Jack Bauer thwarting a terrorist attack in New York.

At the conclusion of Season Eight, 24 will have a produced a total of 194 episodes (including “24: Redemption”), making it one of the longest-running action television shows in history.

Tune in Monday, March 29 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) for the next all-new installment of 24 and Monday, April 5 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) for a special two-hour episode.

Created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran, 24 is a production of 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television in association with Teakwood Lane Productions. Howard Gordon, Evan Katz, David Fury, Manny Coto, Brannon Braga, Brad Turner, Alex Gansa, Kiefer Sutherland and Brian Grazer are executive producers, while Chip Johannessen and Patrick Harbinson serve as co-executive producers. Brad Turner will direct the series finale.

-FOX-

================================================== =======

Very sad to see 24 go our tv screens i'm going miss Jack coming our screens, hope they bring so mega good movies now and bring back some old characters back in, if only they didn't didn't screw up this season it would've survived, everything in this season was lacking, bad acting with the new cast that they brought it , really screwed up storyline, they could've been so much better, oh well Hopefully they will do alot better in the movies, Best season by far was s5,

Old 27-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Eight seasons? How many bad days can this bloke have?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Eight seasons? How many bad days can this bloke have?
yeah true , they had very good run, can't wait for the movies now
Old 27-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just 8
I have had more that 8 bad days
however my bad days are no where near as bad as his
Old 27-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

About time lol. They could only drag it out for so long. Although I did enjoy watching all the seasons .. Let's hope LOST is next :
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Are they still actually lost?

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suppose we will get more reality crap ?
Old 27-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
About time lol. They could only drag it out for so long. Although I did enjoy watching all the seasons .. Let's hope LOST is next :
lost is finishing they only got a few episodes to go
Old 27-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #9
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Are they still actually lost?
No but I am! ... I could not tell you WTF is happening in that show anymore ... You watch it like 0.0
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
I suppose we will get more reality crap ?
ohh yeah
MasterChef
So You Think You Can Dance
Idol
Big Brother
Surviour
Beauty and The Geek
So you Think you have Talent

all the good stuff
No wonder I spend more time playing with my car
Old 27-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I quite like MasterChef............

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I quite like MasterChef............
Now if they did like on Top Gear, and used the engines to cook, I may get interested
They guy in the scarf puts me off that show tho
Old 27-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #13
3vXT

I love 24 but the last few seasons have sucked hard. They are covering ground they have already done. OMG, another mole in CTU. Its just getting too ridiculous.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Oh damn, I love this show. Best season by far was season 5 where President Charles Logan was behind all the crap that was going on and season 7 wasn't to bad either.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #15
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Season 1 rocked but is slow by todays standards, the best overall was season 5: Jack comes out of hiding to get revenge for Palmers murder. 6 wasnt too bad, but it was a disappointing follow up to 5.

The last few seasons have been fairly rubbish-y.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #16
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81
Season 1 rocked but is slow by todays standards, the best overall was season 5: Jack comes out of hiding to get revenge for Palmers murder. 6 wasnt too bad, but it was a disappointing follow up to 5.

The last few seasons have been fairly rubbish-y.
s8 has been really bad in my opion , not worst but there so bad things wrong with it
Old 27-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #17
Kil4Collingwood

love 24, but season 8 has been garbage
Kil4Collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #18
futura97
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I love 24, but agree that the last couple of seasons haven't really lived up to the previous ones. Still a fantastic show though, and I will religiously watch it each week.

And now, some jack bauer facts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer Facts
1. If you wake up in the morning, it’s because Jack Bauer spared your life.
2. Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.
3. If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he’d shoot Nina twice.
4. Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days time. Wait, that is a real fact.
5. Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.
6. Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.
7. Jack Bauer’s favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.
8. 1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.
9. If Jack says “I just want to talk to him/her” and that him/her is you… well amigo, you’re f*cked.
10. Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.
11. Jack Bauer doesn’t miss. If he didn’t hit you it’s because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.
12. If you get 7 stars on your wanted level on Grand Theft Auto, Jack Bauer comes after you. You don’t want to get 7 stars.
13. When you open a can of whoop-***, Jack Bauer jumps out.
14. Jack Bauer does not sleep. The only rest he needs is what he gets when he’s knocked out or temporarily killed.
15. If you are still conscious, it is because Jack Bauer doesn’t want to carry you.
16. Jack Bauer has no problem following orders, unless you tell him to do something he doesn’t want to.
17. Jack Bauer’s gun is actually a water pistol, but the water shoots out in the form of bullets. Why? Because the gun is being held by Jack ************** Bauer.
18. As a child, Jack Bauer’s first words were “There’s no time!”
19. While being ‘put under’ in the hospital, Jack Bauer can count backwards from 100 every time. This annoys the doctors.
20. Jack Bauer can watch all 4 seasons of 24 in 24 hours.
21. Jack Bauer literally died for his country, and lived to tell about it.
22. Jack Bauer’s family threw him a surprise birthday party when he was a child. Once.
23. Killing Jack Bauer doesn’t make him dead. It just makes him angry.
24. Everytime Jack Bauer yells “NOW!” at the end of a sentence, a terrorist dies.
25. If Jack’s starring at someone and his eye twitches, assume that person has less than 15 minutes to live.
26. When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer ************** hates lemonade.
27. Guns dont kill people, Jack Bauer kills people.
28. David Spade always says ‘yes’ to Jack Bauer when he wants to redeem his credit card miles.
29. Don’t ask what Jack Bauer would he would do for a Klondike bar...
30. Jack Bauer named his cat Chuck Norris. Why? Because he's a pussy.
i lol'd at a few of them... ahaha
futura97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #19
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Haha a couple of them made me laugh out loud.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #20
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

They should have stopped at 7 seasons. Then they could have had the Box set and called it 'A Week'.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #21
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

they shouldve stopped after the first episode..... total and utter crap!
Old 29-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #22
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
They should have stopped at 7 seasons. Then they could have had the Box set and called it 'A Week'.
Good one, but problem is, that its made for TV, so you only get a run of 40-48 mins. So when you watch it on DVD, it doesnt take 24 hrs, taking a minmum of 4hrs 8 mins out of the 'day', to make the 'week' they need at least one more season to round out the 'real time' not the 'TV real time'.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post