Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
ConradP

Default Winton Raceway Fun day!

Found out about them towards the end of last year.

http://www.wintonraceway.com.au/event-details?event=177

Cost is $35 and you get to take your road going or race ready car on the track, they say you're limited to 80% of the car and driver capabilities, but with a smaller car such as the focus they didn't pull me up once for going all out

I had a ball, got my car out there for 6-7 sessions, keep in mind i went through about 1/4 a tank each session, some less. I checked the fuel usage after a 30min go around and i was hitting 26l/100.

Got a 2 lap incar vid when I had a passenger as well:
http://youtu.be/5x3An0vxkys

Also took one of a friends Swift Sport, little 1.6l beast that is, it just grips and keeps going:
http://youtu.be/iaUTeegFhtU

And then there was the few cars i took short vids of parking:

http://youtu.be/WpaAMOwWdCQ
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150501772836073

The next fun day is on the 7th of July and I'm going to be there for sure.

Old 30-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Winton Raceway Fun day!

Now that appeals to me

When is the next one?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
ConradP

Next one is on the 7th of July, then in November some time I think.
Old 30-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
ConradP

I suggest doing it when your tyers are on the way out, my fronts took a beating, going to have to rotate them now. Breaks held up well, there is only 20ks on them though..
Old 31-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks for the write-up Conrad. It's only a 6 hour drive down to Winton for me so I've put in on the calender for July and I'll hope to make it down there.

I can't believe it's only $35!

Were there all manner of cars out there? I know that my A.R.D.C. Member's Track day last week had EVO's, Ferrari's, Porsche's, AMG's, clubman-type cars and an assortment of ricers. Even a deceivingly fast HJ Ute!

And the serious one's put on race rubber.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #6
ConradP

There were several Race cars there, few nice celicas s15s some civics, a hundai excel with a rollcage in it, then there was some kit cars a gt40 ac cobra and a new cobra as well, and then just the every day cars and all the modded ones as well. A few subarus and evos as well!

Can't wait to get my gokart so i can get on the track weekly, and also for this next day to get my car back there, was so much fun.